The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Photography (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 17:47, Josh Chaikin wrote:
Josh, your addition of your brother in-law takes care of the orange construction fencing that I was too lazy to Photoshop out.

You'll have to find something else. I have very strict licensing guidelines.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I have a cat, but I don't have a brother in-law...I know one though. I guess that means I can't use "Onion Station" either.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Just got back from a jaunt around the city, was updating my Flickr stream and thought I'd share.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Seriously great work, Josh.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Spectacular!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Still no cat, but... Spectacular!
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Thanks everyone. I'm pretty happy with how that one turned out. The way it's posted is the way it was shot, no adjustments were needed in Lightroom - and with the kit lens no less. Still, I think I'm going to need to buy (or rent) a 10-24mm when I head to Vegas in July. And now...cats!

Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
And my synching software farted, deleting the picture from Flickr...so here it is again...so annoying

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Dare I say ... magical?
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
What lens are you using. I bought a Nikon d5100 a few weeks ago with a tamron 18-200 lens. When I received the package and assembled the camera and lens there was a gap seen between the body and lens. There is a silver ring around the lens at the connection point Do you have this with your lens. I sent back to b&h photo but have not gotten it back. I used it for a few days and loved the camera and can't wait to get it back.
Thanks
Tim
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Have you tried out the in camera HDR yet ?
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 14:23, MAGICBYTIM wrote:
What lens are you using. I bought a Nikon d5100 a few weeks ago with a tamron 18-200 lens. When I received the package and assembled the camera and lens there was a gap seen between the body and lens. There is a silver ring around the lens at the connection point Do you have this with your lens. I sent back to b&h photo but have not gotten it back. I used it for a few days and loved the camera and can't wait to get it back.
Thanks
Tim

Right now I'm using the kit 18-55mm that came with it. I did get the 12-24mm from rentglass.com earlier today (happily, they're headquartered right down the road, local pickup is a cinch), and don't have any gap with the lens as you say. Sounds like it's more of a problem with the Tamron than the camera body.

Ringmaster, I have used the built-in HDR and have had mixed results from it. Sometimes I'll take a picture of an object, then switch to HDR and do a side-by-side with no noticeable difference, other times things will become a little more vibrant. When I do HDR photography, I do things the hard way: take three pictures at different exposures (-2, 0, +2) and dump them in Photomatix, that's what I did with the images starting this thread.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Rented a wide angle (12-24mm) lens for a week, went to Union Station and took some pictures there. No cats in the foreground (but there are chicks in the background).

It's really hard to capture just how amazing the ceilings are. Maybe HDR?
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Nice pics so far Josh. I bought a D3100, in Dec, but haven't had time to take many pics with it yet, well other than family pics.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Thanks, Tom. Just get out one weekend, or whenever you find time, and start taking pictures. Pretty soon, you'll be driving down the highway and make a sudden stop when inspiration strikes. Just this morning, I was driving around, looking for interesting things to take pictures of and came upon this. If I may be immodest, I think this is probably the best picture I've taken so far:

Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
And more...

Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

I like that I only have to retouch the last name, in order to take credit.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I wonder if that would work with my bills.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-03-01 09:32, Josh Chaikin wrote:
Thanks, Tom. Just get out one weekend, or whenever you find time, and start taking pictures. Pretty soon, you'll be driving down the highway and make a sudden stop when inspiration strikes.

I used to do the same thing with my sketch-pad.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Seems my links have expired...that's what comes from updating and shifting things around. At least things here will be static:
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/josh-chaikin.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Photography (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL