The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The Solution? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
647 Posts

Profile of Inert
Each year, as all Tenyo collectors already know, Tenyo releases several new "T" series tricks. Could not Tenyo add a single "Retro" re-release in this batch? The ad campaign & all marketing is already in place, so no new additional costs are incurred. I am almost certain that Tenyo already knows which retired tricks are still in high demand. These tricks could easily be designated with, for example, See Through Card, T-77R.
The "R" would let everyone know that it is a reprint or retro so to speak. This would probably make the original runs go up further in value (similar to 1st print books), thus protecting any collectors' investment, while still making the classics accessible to all. I can not see a flaw here. Input, anyone.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2435 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
There is little incentive for Tenyo to reissue old items unless they are recyling them into magic sets and still have the original molds. Quite a few of the very rare early T-number items have been in Tenyo magic sets (and are much easier to find that way).

Japan is a country of new new new--they are not interested in something that has already come out. You would think, for example, that Ultratube would be a no-brainer for them to release. It's just two pieces of plastic, easily made, fairly sturdy, and a killer trick. But I can't see them doing it. They're always onto the next set of items.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
353 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Stevens Magic Emporium (...more than one Steven?) in an email claims to be getting some Four Nightmares.

"We sold hundreds of the first version (for good reasons), and when we found out
they were not going to produce them anymore - well - it was a sad day....
But now, they coming in small quantities and my bet, we will quickly sell out of
this shipment we just got in, but more will be coming. "

link: http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......id=10306
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2012-02-18 13:42, Inert wrote:
Each year, as all Tenyo collectors already know, Tenyo releases several new "T" series tricks. Could not Tenyo add a single "Retro" re-release in this batch? The ad campaign & all marketing is already in place, so no new additional costs are incurred. I am almost certain that Tenyo already knows which retired tricks are still in high demand. These tricks could easily be designated with, for example, See Through Card, T-77R.
The "R" would let everyone know that it is a reprint or retro so to speak. This would probably make the original runs go up further in value (similar to 1st print books), thus protecting any collectors' investment, while still making the classics accessible to all. I can not see a flaw here. Input, anyone.

Tenyo Elite was supposed to be the answer for this and has unfortunately went nowhere. It wasn't for a lack of trying...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes but saddly and it as been said lot of time they choose the bad tricks to begin, may even be the worst choice with moonspinner... That's life but it was a serious error of judgment.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2870 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Absolutely, Davy! I haven't even bought a single one of them because they were so little appealing...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 11:16, stereo wrote:
Yes but saddly and it as been said lot of time they choose the bad tricks to begin, may even be the worst choice with moonspinner... That's life but it was a serious error of judgment.

Davy,

I agree. I actually told them their initial selection of tricks was poor. I also suggested to them what I felt their next tricks should be in an attempt to pull the line out of the grave. Further, I told them that I felt autographing items (small photo, a certified auto sticker made of foil, whatever) by creator on special inserts contained within the Tenyo Elite box would still make the tricks usable but would create stronger demand from collectors. People love prizes and getting a randomly inserted autograph from the original creator of the trick (if still alive) would be a nice touch.

The last I heard the line was to be sold exclusively through Murphy's Magic and haven't heard a thing.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3444 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Both Peter and Jason from Tenyo Elite have been pretty open and honest on the Tenyo Elite section as to what is going on. There was a recent thread where Peter talked about recent status of the project. For some reason which I do not understand there seems to be some anger directed towards them which resulted in the thread being removed.

While there are some great suggestions here, they have lost money and are trying to determine a feasible way to move forward. While solutions may seem easy to us we are not the ones ponying up significant money for tooling,etc. I have had the opportunity to meet both Jason and Peter, great guys that have a real love of Tenyo. They know they are not going to get rich from this project but do not want to lose money. They have some great plans for the project and I really hope they can move forward. They have shown they have the "chops" to produce a first class product.

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
647 Posts

Profile of Inert
Now, there's something I hadn't considered Richard...Japanese culture in general. Very, very valid points. I truly thought I had a breakthrough idea. They could have been released on an anniversary year. With existing moulds (in most cases, I believe), available, the production costs would have been lessened to a great degree. Alas, Tenyo lacks our enthusiasm of the concept.

John, I agree 100% that we can't count-out the Elite team yet. Their strong dedication still has a great chance of fulfillment in the big picture of things.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The Solution? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL