The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Is Paul Curry's Worlds Beyond good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi, I managed to find a site selling paul curry's world's beyond....and its listed as out of print by a lot of websites... so I think I have to grab it fast if it is good... I have heard nothing but praises for this book...

are the tricks easy to perform? do they require a lot of sleights?

I have out of this world and I absolutely love it...
are paul curry's other tricks as good and as easy to perform?

please advise...
thanks
eric Smile

Oh no.... the site that I thought still had the paul curry's world's beyond is now out of stock on this book....

and I could only find one other shop that carries this book... but they are selling it for $34.99 british pounds!!!! that's a rip off isn't it?
considering that it is selling for about US$40 in some websites when they still had stock...

any one knows where I can get this book for a reasonable price?

thanks
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1833 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Eric,
If you really want the book, buy it at the price they are selling it for because if it is reprinted it may be higher.As for the book I personally am a big Paul Curry fan and give it nothing but the highest praise. It is definitely a book that should be in everyone's library, trust me.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
Quote:
On 2003-09-23 08:53, erictan8888 wrote:
Hi, I managed to find a site selling paul curry's world's beyond....and its listed as out of print by a lot of websites... so I think I have to grab it fast if it is good... I have heard nothing but praises for this book...

are the tricks easy to perform? do they require a lot of sleights?

are paul curry's other tricks as good and as easy to perform?

please advise...
thanks
eric Smile

There are a lot of great effects in Worlds Beyond. I wouldn't classify them ALL as easy, but many of them are not too challenging. Of course it's all in the presentation. There is a very simple effect in there called Cider, that I've been playing around with lately that is not very demanding (slight-wise), but it really amazes. I think it is just one of those effects that seems to "click" with my personality.
I highly recommend this book. It's one of my favorites. Smile
What is the color of magic?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
OH, yeah! GREAT book! Paul Curry was atrue genius--the creator of two of the greatest card plots of all time (Out of this World and Open Prediction) plus many other powerful, impressive effects, most of which are easy of execution. This collection is a wonderful source of material as well as a mother lode of training in audience management and routine construction for those who will take the time to study it. If it was out of print and I didn't already have a copy, I'd pay $100 for it in a New York minute!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
hitmouse
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of hitmouse
Quote:
On 2003-09-23 09:18, erictan8888 wrote:

and I could only find one other shop that carries this book... but they are selling it for $34.99 british pounds!!!! that's a rip off isn't it?
considering that it is selling for about US$40 in some websites when they still had stock...

I think you will find that is the same price given the normal rate of exchange.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi... it seems like the website that listed World's Beyond as in stock just ran out of it...

hmm.... I need help here.... anyone knows where I can lay my hands on this book? I am getting all excited about this, but I searched the web and unfortunately, could not find any website offering this book for sale...

pls help...i prefer to have a new book...

eric Smile
MarkusT
View Profile
New user
Germany
54 Posts

Profile of MarkusT
There is a german shop
http://www.jedinat.de

I think, they have the book still in stock

call them or send a mail for asking

Markus
Jason K.
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Jason K.
I have the book and am willing to sell. PM me and we'll talk buisness.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Can't recommend it enough. Get at any cost!
Jason K.
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Jason K.
Wow!

The response for my copy of Worlds Beyond has been overwhelming. A PM has been sent to all of you who asked about it.

It is in perfect condition, and will be sold to whomever offers the highest price . Being in Canada, I only accept Canadian funds.

If you're interested in buying, send a PM my way.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
hi markus, thanks for the information...
I managed to get the book at the website you mentioned...

just for the attention of magicians who wish to get this book and can't find a site that has it in stock: get it here: http://www.jedinat.de

they have this book in stock

eric Smile

Quote:
On 2003-09-24 11:56, MarkusT wrote:
There is a german shop
http://www.jedinat.de

I think, they have the book still in stock

call them or send a mail for asking

Markus
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
Hi,
If you are struggling to get hold of the book Paul Curry Worlds Beyond, try here if you are in the UK.
http://www.kbmagic.com/
Smile
Best Wishes,
Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Is Paul Curry's Worlds Beyond good? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL