The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..18..32..46..60..74..77~78~79 [Next]
Real Secrets Team
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Real Secrets Team
In case you have not checked your PM's, we'd like to thank Steve Brooks for posting the announcement of Real Secrets in his private message to all Magic Café members. Real Secrets was mentioned by Michael Weber in his lectures at Blackpool as he has a few never before released items in Real Secrets and was excited about the project and its goals overall.

So what is Real Secrets, why the excitement by some of the top people? Real Secrets is never-before-seen usable, clever, practical close up, mentalism, and a little stand-up magic delivered every month directly to your mailbox. Physical props and instructions sent by First Class US Mail every month of new items by and inspired by the likes of creators like Gaetan Bloom, Cyril, Michael Weber, Robert Neale, Max Maven, and an ever-growing team of the best minds in magic. Yes you read that right… magic, thinking, and inspiration from some of the best thinkers in the world by a secret company that will bring you the best every month. You'll get magic with receipts, gum, photographs, jelly beans, Rock Paper Scissors, Scratch Cards, diets, coins, brain power, drawings, ads, ropes, and so much more. We have tried to focus on different effects other than the standard card and coins though there will be items using those standard props. If these items we put out as general releases you would easily pay $20, $30, or $40 for each of them. This is clever magic you will use and take delight in each month.

Real Secrets will even include an unpublished Paul Curry effect.

Once you become a part of the Real Secrets community, expect lots of exciting surprises. Never throw away anything you get from Real Secrets – even a stamp on the envelope might contain a Real Secret. Throughout your membership you will get the feature and also items you may not understand but will find the secret to as time passes.

Who is behind Real Magic... we have decided not to focus on that or share that as Real Secrets is about the artists and creators involved and not a company. The people who are participating will grow and change. A number of new creators such as Axel Hecklau, Paul Wilson, Christian Engblom, and others have recently joined our ranks.

Membership to the Real Secrets community is available in quarterly installments or with an annual subscription. We'd encourage you to act now, because back issues will NOT be available.

As a member, you must agree not to describe, share, or post videos of any of the effects or methods shared in the Real Secrets community. The goal is to protect these secrets for you and all of the other members. Certainly you can discuss whether you like or hate Real Secrets with others around you but you simply have to agree to the rules of the game to be and continue to be a member. If you don't feel comfortable committing to that Real Secrets is not for you. If you don't feel comfortable with secrets then Real Secrets is not for you.

As a special thank you being an Exclusive Platinum members who subscribe and pay for a full year in advance, you will get bonuses ONLY available to Platinum Members including an unpublished, closely guarded effect with custom gimmicks by Michael Weber. Real Secrets has well over two year’s content completed and ready to share with our community. We are finalizing all production for the first year so it will be ready to go every month.

Platinum Exclusive Membership

Special 12-month Platinum Exclusive Membership one-time annual fee of $144 within USA or $150 outside of the USA. Exclusive Membership includes special secret yearly subscriber bonuses including a never-before-published effect and custom gimmicks from Michael Weber – only available to Platinum Members. Recurs yearly automatically. Go to http://www.realsecrets.org to subscribe

Gold Membership

Only $36 for 3-month installment in the USA ($40 for a 3-month installment outside of the USA) – automatic recurring quarterly subscription. Go to http://www.realsecrets.org to subscribe. At the bottom of the Platinum Membership section, you'll find the Gold Membership option. This will not include some of the special Platinum bonuses or the Weber 13th issue. Old issues of Real Secrets will not be available as is.

You will see many great things coming from Real Secrets in the future including a few items for the general magic population and more.

The first issue will ship out the beginning of April. We look forward to having you in the Real Secrets community.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Sorry. Just too "secretive" for me. I like to know what I'm buying in advance: the people involved; if it's applicable to my needs. So far the Real Secrets approach is very vague. I would think you are already aware of many Magic Café members expressing how they've been burnt by some of their purchases in the past. As well as various dealers and publishers not keeping their promises. I've saved many $$$s by heeding them. I would prefer things VERY CLEAR. And I see no reason not to be. My two cents, but others here may feel the same way.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
This sounds interesting!
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 00:35, Real Secrets Team wrote:
We'd encourage you to act now, because back issues will NOT be available.

As a member, you must agree not to describe, share, or post videos of any of the effects or methods shared in the Real Secrets community.

It sounds more like magicians trying to fool magicians.
"There is no reality, only perception."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
"Real Secrets Team", are you Tony Hassini? I hope you'll answer that question.

Clarke
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
"Who is behind Real Magic... we have decided not to focus on that or share that"

And I've decided not to focus on subscribing or sending you any money.

What patronising bilge.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
So, beginning of April is the first issue. When is the last date you can subscribe to get issue 1?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I would like a little more info too before committing to this. I don't see the need for such secrecy.

Jim
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Steve Brooks received an IMS award from Tony Hassini and this fellow " Real Secrets Team " comes across like Tony Hassini. If "Real Secrets Team" will not divulge who he is, I think Steve Brooks, since he is endorsing this, should tell us. No one is going to join this until Steve or " Real Secrets Team " fess up who is involved, or soon posts and threads will vanish from the Café making the situation worse.

" If these items we put out as general releases you would easily pay $20, $30, or $40 for each of them. This is clever magic you will use and take delight in each month ".

That's a big statement. Can we see descriptions of these amazing effects and who created them before we give our hard earned money over to you? Guess not, because that would ruin the secret, uh?

"We are finalizing all production for the first year so it will be ready to go every month".

Really? You want people to pay and join a secret society and you don't even have it finalized? I guess members that join can get ready for the first of many "we have a small delay" series of announcements.

"We'd encourage you to act now, because back issues will NOT be available".

Sounds like a Cheap tele-marketing phone script. You better give us your money and not ask questions or you'll miss out on this amazing opportunity.

"Who is behind Real Magic... we have decided not to focus on that or share that as Real Secrets is about the artists and creators involved and not a company".

That would be great, if this was FREE. You want us to hand over money to anonymous strangers? Forget it about that. Not going to happen.

Their website looks like.....the Tony Hassini IMS website. Right out of 1995. lol.
__________________________________________________________________________________

There was a company started a few years ago called The Magicians Network. They also had "big names" helping them. It had all these exciting features for when you joined. But, it never lived up to its hype and closed its doors with unfulfilled promises.

BUT...we knew who was running it. This "Real Secrets" sounds like a scam. They are using the Café to line their pockets with this cheap marketing ploy. They are treating The Magic Café members as if they are stupid.

Magicians get burned around here all the time with "pre-release" specials that go sour. But, again, at least we know who they are.

If someone called you on the phone with the cheap script the original poster of this thread has used and wouldn't identify himself, would you hand over your hard earned money?

The Magic Café is endorsing this, so it must be great? Ever have a friend call wanting to get together to discuss an opportunity and you have to sit through some multi level marketing, pyramid spiel? This is what we have here.

The "50,217 registered members" The Magic Café has sounded very attractive to them.

Real Secrets Team, reveal yourself or take your non-sense elsewhere!

Clarke
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
I have to agree. There are a ton of tricks both good and bad out there. TMC is a great resource in helping the community seperate wheat from chaff and hype from reality. With no reviews I will certainly not pay my hard earned cash on some vague promise by anonymous people. I respect Steve Brooks, and the fact that he endorses this gives it some credibility, but alas not enough for me to pay sans reviews, sans information etc.
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
I decided to join by secretly sending my money to a secret location, payable to "the secret people". I hope they honour that with as much trust as they expect me to have for them. Smile
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 00:35, Real Secrets Team wrote:

As a member, you must agree not to describe, share, or post videos of any of the effects or methods shared in the Real Secrets community.

How are you going to police or enforce this mandate?
If they post a performance or reveal an effect description,
do they get banned and eliminated from further mailings etc.?

Zombie Magic Clarke raises some very valid points.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Why can't they come here and be as classy and open as Jeff McBride? Why can't they show pride in themselves and well as the community like Jeff McBride does with his wonderful school?

Clarke
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
I agree with all of the above; sounds cool, but WHO and WHAT is what I'd like to know.

surely if you can name

" A number of new creators such as Axel Hecklau, Paul Wilson, Christian Engblom, and others have recently joined our ranks"

you can name everyone (those who are already involved, and then as new people get involved.

I assume that these three are the only ones so far - fair enough - but, as someone else said; this first post smacks of internet marketing (I won't say scam) to me.

I'm sure many, me included, would be interested in joining if this is dealt with in a much more clear way.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
There is beginning to be a long list of "pay me now, I promise something later" on the Café, and in many cases, one can slog through the MC and read the regrets when things didn't work out as advertised. Magicians must be the easiest people to fool on the planet! This could be the greatest thing in the world, but my money is too hard to come by to give it away on a promise...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
I just saw the PM message(s) for Mr Brookes as well as "the real secrets team"

Apparently, Steve has himself joined up, so I guess that's an endorsement.

I also noticed the sponsor banner, so they are also paying him (in a way)

I'm thinking about joining up, if nothing else for the exclusivity of the effects.

I'm sure the whole thing is totally legit; just a shame that the post came across like it had been copied for 'Internet marketing 101'
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
On the third video from The Magic Place from Blackpool, Tim Trono, who is being interviewed, says this is Michael Weber's project.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Normally I'd be very wary about something like this. But the fact that Weber is involved makes me a bit more interested. Whether or not he's actually the one behind the project, I don't know. But just the fact that he's willing to let this outfit release his material must mean that he thinks they're on the up and up. I don't think he would release material through anyone that he didn't find to be trustworthy.

Still on the fence...

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Can anybody give the link to the video please?
Thanks
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Ill tell you what.

Everyone send me a dollar and I will send you secret stuff from my secret team of secret people who do secret things.

Really. You will love it and it's limited time offer for limited things.

Just saying.
I've been training these cards since they were small.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..18..32..46..60..74..77~78~79 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL