The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..16..29..42..55..64~65~66~67~68..77~78~79 [Next]
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 21:43, gaffed wrote:
There is a big difference between edginess and babbling childish narcissistic diatribe. I think he proved that when he stated that we would all eventually “bow” down to him. Obviously the kid has a serious problem which the Café eventually saw and is in need of professional help which I sincerely hope he gets.

Sorry but for me this is a bit pot and kettle Gaffed. You may be an older statesman on here but at times you can be more childish than most...seems its excused as just being a bit grumpy for us old codgers.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 00:53, rockwall wrote:
If you thought SirBrad was bad, compared to these guys, he was almost a little ray of sunshine.

http://www.magicbunny.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53428

They've got some seriously sad, self-important, jealous, resentful folks over there.

And yes, billmarq, I think it is indeed a minor bit of torture! Hopefully they do create a place for members to share! LOL

Hmm a quick scan shows a site with balanced views and a lot less sniping than on here.

Is it the fact that there are folk on there saying RS is good/bad thing and they're not being bullied out of their opinion by others that upsets you ?
KRMarlo
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
7 Posts

Profile of KRMarlo
Goodness, I've read these forums for years, and I'VE NEVER REGISTERED!? Wow!!!! Talk about reclusive and hermit-like tendencies. Smile

I've been following this, and I have to chime in as well.

I hemmed and hawed about this for weeks. Is it a scam? Am I about to be had? Do I cave in to the marketing? Do I roll the dice?

Eventually...I rolled the dice. Days ago, the envelope arrived, and brother, did I ever feel like Ralphie when he finally opens the mailbox to find his decoder ring inside. HOLY SMOKES IT'S HERE!!!! I opened this package with extreme care, but with more anticipation than when the mail-away Cobra Commander finally showed up to my door in the '80s!

And at first....the initial glance....then the read through....brought me.....CRUSHING disappointment!

I'd been HAD!!!! I took to the Twitterverse to see if any other magically minded folks were equally stunned. Out of the gate, I was most definitely NOT impressed at the starting bell.

That said, upon reflection and without divulging a single detail, this first installment is a rather impressive piece of handiwork. While I don't expect I will be performing this first piece regularly (unless I work it into a setup for a more involved routine), I do plan to stick around at least for a couple more months. Call it blind faith. Call it unquenchable curiosity. Call it patience. Heck, I'm sure there's many that call it plain old stupidity....but my gut says there's some wild stuff ahead for us, and I've got a good gut (wait, that sounded wrong...I work out...sometimes....on occasion...and....well, I'll just put this here glass of empty calories down and shutup).

Happy or not with the first installment, we sure can't deny that the RS team has got the community amazingly a-buzz right now. I pray my gut stays true and the community overall gets a better love for secrecy as better material hits our mailboxes in the coming months. Granted...if the cards fall that way, no one but RS folks will ever know. ;-)
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 02:38, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
If you thought SirBrad was bad, compared to these guys, he was almost a little ray of sunshine.

They've got some seriously sad, self-important, jealous, resentful folks over there.

And yes, billmarq, I think it is indeed a minor bit of torture! Hopefully they do create a place for members to share! LOL

Hmm a quick scan shows a site with balanced views and a lot less sniping than on here.

Is it the fact that there are folk on there saying RS is good/bad thing and they're not being bullied out of their opinion by others that upsets you ?

I suspect Mike Engberg (Rockwall) is trying to be controversial....again. Smile

I agree with Ray Chelt, there's nothing more then healthy debate and fair opinion on MagicBunny.

Move along folks nothing to see here.

Now back on topic please...
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Razamabaz
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Razamabaz
Quote:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on any subject. Which is all that is happening on the thread on Bunny. If some don't like anyone else having an opinion on this then tough. Is it a scam? I can't say whether it is or not as I haven't bought into the secrets and niether will I. That is my choice. I'm not jealous, how can I be as I don't know what is in the package. I can't be jealous of something I haven't seen and what no one is allowed to talk about lool. Sad? I have been called sad many times in my life but I don't think I am being sad having an opinion on this.

Raz.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

He he, feel the wrath of the MagicBunny Mikey.
boboswitch
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of boboswitch
It appears that hundreds have signed up with only a few reporting their impression(s) – hardly a statistically significant sampling. Non-subscribers may try to infer what their satisfaction would be based on opinions of people they do not know and who may not share similar tastes/preferences. Satisfaction will only really be able to be defined by subscribers. I have been in magic for over 30 years and I really like Real Secrets. It isn’t just the tricks but also the sense of “community” that has been initiated through the Real Secrets model. Even the time spent on the message board(s) for this topic adds value to the product. For me, just following James and his example has made me a better husband, father, and man. I’d say I’ve already gotten my money’s worth.

Frank
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive in the UK. The postmen here don't work on Good Friday either :-(. They used to but like all British public service workers they seem to be demanding more but doing less.

How selfish of them when they should know my RS package is a priority!
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
180 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
And that's exactly what you'd better say, Frank, or you won't be a part of their little club anymore. Your opinion is precisely what everyone's opinion will be who are in the club. They aren't allowed to have any other opinion.

Mike.
You can get the latest issues of Top Hat by clicking here.
Visit us on FaceBook by clicking here.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Better be more than "hundreds"...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
We can't trust anyone's reviews, for obvious reasons. As far as Sirbrad being banned. There are many still here that are just plain bullies. You bully others who have a different opinion. No one here has any real clue what's going to happen with RS, (except for Steve Brooks) and it's not as talked about as most think. It's not very popular, and the marketing is very qustionable. Those who decided to take a chance, great, now we have to listen to a bunch of B.S from members who don't want to get kicked out of the club.

So what has been the point of this thread that Steve Brooks and his friends at RS have allowed to go on and on? You can't talk negative about RS or you'll get attacked and bullied by those who did pay for membership, and listen to Gaffed call people names. You can't say anything negative about RS or you'll get banned. You can't give an honest negative review on RS products without getting kicked out of the secret club.

44 pages of nonsense. Some of it has been funny. But, for the most part some might think that 44 pages makes RS popular. No it doesn't. It proves how much time people have on their hands, and how many are still searching for the holy grail. There will always be people that will get attracted to such marketing, and believe they are part of something special. But, there are those of us who don't have to fall for such childish marketing ploys, while listening to a bunch of children make fun of other people who are no longer members of the Café for them to defend themselves. Can we say, "Weak"
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

GaryLee

I take it you didn't subscribe so missed out on the first Real Secret.

Bad luck.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Well, my package arrived today and I did not really care for the effect. nothing I will ever use personally. very well made and lots of thought went into it but it won't fit any of the venues I perform in. RS is like a box of crackerjacks, you know there is a prize but you don't know what it is.

GaryLee I can only say WOW! You are delusional dude! What a sad, freaky, messed world you have created in that head of yours. I am pretty paranoid but you really take it to another level. Sorry you are so disturbed man,really I am.

Frank, why single me out with the sarcasm?
James

Quote:
On 2012-04-06 10:08, GaryLee wrote:
We can't trust anyone's reviews, for obvious reasons. As far as Sirbrad being banned. There are many still here that are just plain bullies. You bully others who have a different opinion. No one here has any real clue what's going to happen with RS, (except for Steve Brooks) and it's not as talked about as most think. It's not very popular, and the marketing is very qustionable. Those who decided to take a chance, great, now we have to listen to a bunch of B.S from members who don't want to get kicked out of the club.

So what has been the point of this thread that Steve Brooks and his friends at RS have allowed to go on and on? You can't talk negative about RS or you'll get attacked and bullied by those who did pay for membership, and listen to Gaffed call people names. You can't say anything negative about RS or you'll get banned. You can't give an honest negative review on RS products without getting kicked out of the secret club.

44 pages of nonsense. Some of it has been funny. But, for the most part some might think that 44 pages makes RS popular. No it doesn't. It proves how much time people have on their hands, and how many are still searching for the holy grail. There will always be people that will get attracted to such marketing, and believe they are part of something special. But, there are those of us who don't have to fall for such childish marketing ploys, while listening to a bunch of children make fun of other people who are no longer members of the Café for them to defend themselves. Can we say, "Weak"
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Quote:
We can't trust anyone's reviews, for obvious reasons.

I can't speak for others but as a member I have no intention of misleading anyone about the RS product. Clearly any one of the members can openly state their opinions on the RS product good or bad because it says so in their own rules. So your reasons to not trust the reviews are not obvious to me.

On another note: I thought that the RS website was supposed to be back up and running today? As of right now it is still defunct. Maybe later.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
I missed nothing. All the fun for me was in reading and posting in the thread, not in being a member. As RS eliminates members who were being honest in their reviews, we now have nothing but a thread about B.S. and members who are willing to say and do anything to keep their membership with RS. (lol)

The only ones still keeping the thread alive are those who are willing to submitt to RS terms, no matter how wrong they are, all because some people want to feel like they are part of something special.

I don't need RS to feel privileged, but studying some of the behaviours on here has been very educational.

Continue bowing down to RS and submitting yourselves to their authority. It sounds like members are more like prisoners to me.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

You sound envious GaryLee.

I'm in the club and you are not. Smile
boboswitch
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of boboswitch
[quote]
James

[quote]
James,

Absolutely no sarcasm intended! I was thinking back to the pictures that I saw of you giving to kids in a hospital -- that is real impact! Real significance! It is obvious that you truly value and love your family as well. You look for the best in people and give them the benefit of the doubt. It appears as though you value others better than yourself. I regret that I did not take better care when making my original comment -- it was intended to be interpreted exactly how it was written. Please accept my apology for poor wording in my post.

Frank
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Oh Wow, I really am an idiot! Thanks for the kind words Frank. Really appreciate that.
It's me that needs to apologize, very sorry for misunderstanding.
James

[quote]On 2012-04-06 11:06, boboswitch wrote:
[quote]
James

Quote:

James,

Absolutely no sarcasm intended! I was thinking back to the pictures that I saw of you giving to kids in a hospital -- that is real impact! Real significance! It is obvious that you truly value and love your family as well. You look for the best in people and give them the benefit of the doubt. It appears as though you value others better than yourself. I regret that I did not take better care when making my original comment -- it was intended to be interpreted exactly how it was written. Please accept my apology for poor wording in my post.

Frank
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
We can't trust anyone's reviews, for obvious reasons. As far as Sirbrad being banned. There are many still here that are just plain bullies. You bully others who have a different opinion.

You call it bullying others who have a different opinion. I call it reacting to someone who held himself above everyone else and who tossed childish, ad hominem insults at anyone who dared to question him. The reactions sirbrad got on this thread -- and his subsequent banishment from the board -- fall firmly into the "What did you think was going to happen?" category. He had it coming, and he should've seen it coming.

Quote:
You can't talk negative about RS or you'll get attacked and bullied by those who did pay for membership, and listen to Gaffed call people names.

That hasn't been my experience. I've repeatedly expressed skepticism about Real Secrets in this thread, and I've never once been attacked or "bullied." The only attacks I've received in this thread have been from children -- sirbrad in particular -- angry with me for criticizing the tone and content of their posts...not from anyone defending RS. The great majority of RS subscribers seem to have no real problem with my posts.

It's not about criticizing RS; it's about tone. Some people can disagree with the prevailing opinion without losing control of themselves. Some can't. Those who can't get what they get...and some get banned from the board.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 10:40, GaryLee wrote:
As RS eliminates members who were being honest in their reviews

Name two.

James has said he doesn't care for the first RS release and that it's nothing he'll ever use. Shall we see if he gets dropped for that? If he doesn't, will you come back here and admit you were wrong when you said no one could say anything negative about RS without getting banned?

Quote:
Continue bowing down to RS and submitting yourselves to their authority. It sounds like members are more like prisoners to me.

Oh, brutha. Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..16..29..42..55..64~65~66~67~68..77~78~79 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL