The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..70~71~72~73~74..77~78~79 [Next]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
And Ray: Thank you for thinking I'm balanced. There's a description I don't hear very often.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Yes, Ray -- thanks from me, too, for putting me in the balanced column. I've tried to be. I certainly don't want to be down there with the others in your list of idjits. Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The Real Secrets BLOG is up and running!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Why are non-subscribers so fascinated by RS?

I can only think it's because either they are hanging around to fish for secrets (no chance lads!) or to stir things up so that subscribers spill the beans and get banned (sort of a sour grapes revenge).

Come on non-subscribers, what's the fascination? Either pay up or jog on.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Jamie, why are you still sullying yourself with "tittle tattle" here amongst the "unworthy"? Have you already absorbed all the "PURE GOLD" on the RS site? Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
It's funny to watch as you all take the bait so easily and get so upset. It's easy to come on here, say something on purpose to stir the pot, then watch most of you take the bait, line, and sinker. It's fun reading all the posts from so-called magicians who seem to have a whole lot of time on their hands to hang around this thread so much.

I don't regret not signing up. I'm not missing anything. Like I said, the best entertainment is reading this thread. It's hilarious how immature some can be, and not surprising to notice that it seems to be the same few posters who have nothing to contribute but to post about a minor few that helped keep this thread going. Otherwise, as I said many times before. If it were not for idjits like me, this thread would of been dead 42 pages ago.

The only thing interresting about this thread is how people respond to others. It's a great look into how easily people can be manipulated into an arguement, and how easily most of you fall for it.

I'm here so that some of you have a target to go after. As I sit here and enjoy the banter, I also feel a little guilty that I maybe enjoying it too much.

Happy Easter everyone!
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 03:26, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-07 17:13, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I've just accessed the restricted area of the RS site.

Even though I am yet to receive the trick in the post I can see the value of being a member of RS. It goes way beyond just the trick.

There is thinking being shared there that is PURE GOLD.

So while non-subscribers enjoy their tittle tattle here I'm off to digest some of the wisdom over there.

This ones for Joe -- do you think this guy rings any bells on how I view some of the RS subscribers ?

Yes, I think Jamie is ONE subscriber on here who is acting in a way that you implied ALL subscribers were. (And I think he's doing so on purpose.)

I misunderstood your post. It seemed like you were saying there was an epidemic of people acting like that and that "only blind, smug 'I'm in a club that you're not' idiots" would join Real Secrets. I mean those were your words. I'm glad you've reconsidered them.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 12:31, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Why are non-subscribers so fascinated by RS?

I can only think it's because either they are hanging around to fish for secrets (no chance lads!) or to stir things up so that subscribers spill the beans and get banned (sort of a sour grapes revenge).

Come on non-subscribers, what's the fascination? Either pay up or jog on.

Maybe you forgot the purpose of this forum!

This forum provided as a place where folks can discuss the latest rumors, read announcements and speculate about the obvious hyperbole surrounding many of the upcoming products that are released into magicdom. Will they be genuine miracles or mere rhetoric? We ponder the question...
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 12:47, GaryLee wrote:
It's easy to come on here, say something on purpose to stir the pot,

That's also the textbook definition of a troll.

Quote:
It's fun reading all the posts from so-called magicians who seem to have a whole lot of time on their hands to hang around this thread so much.

Quote:
Like I said, the best entertainment is reading this thread.

Yes -- you actually did make both of those statements in the same post. Smile

Quote:
Happy Easter everyone!

And a sarcastic, unfelt holiday greeting to you, too, Gary. Smile
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I think all RS subscribers should cease posting on this thread Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-08 13:13, rowland wrote:

Then all you non-subscribers would have nobody to throw stones at.

What would you all do to occupy yourselves in that scenario pray tell?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
GaryLee,

Insecure doesn't come close. Idiotic is fairly accurate.

Unless you are, heh heh, deliberately being rude. Ahahahahahaha.

Thank God I wore my steel corset, for I fear my sides have split.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 13:23, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

Rowland is a subscriber.

You do have difficulty keeping up don't you Jamie ?
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 12:52, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 03:26, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-07 17:13, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I've just accessed the restricted area of the RS site.

Even though I am yet to receive the trick in the post I can see the value of being a member of RS. It goes way beyond just the trick.

There is thinking being shared there that is PURE GOLD.

So while non-subscribers enjoy their tittle tattle here I'm off to digest some of the wisdom over there.

This ones for Joe -- do you think this guy rings any bells on how I view some of the RS subscribers ?

Yes, I think Jamie is ONE subscriber on here who is acting in a way that you implied ALL subscribers were. (And I think he's doing so on purpose.)

I misunderstood your post. It seemed like you were saying there was an epidemic of people acting like that and that "only blind, smug 'I'm in a club that you're not' idiots" would join Real Secrets. I mean those were your words. I'm glad you've reconsidered them.

Yes I did reconsider them -- I tarnished everyone with the same brush when in fact only you, Jamie, Gary lee and Sirbrad -- ( and maybe me !!!) -- have been guilty of being venomous idiots
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 15:53, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 13:23, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

Rowland is a subscriber.

Nice one, this made me smile Smile
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
My Happy Easter was not meant to be sarcastic. I meant it with with real hope that all will find this special holiday with family and friends to be a blessing to them. If you mean that YOU are sending back a sarcastic and unfelt holiday greeting to me, okay.

But, to be clear, just because I'm having fun with this thread doesn't mean I have to dislike anyone here. I have my own views but I don't hate or judge those who have a different opinion. I think I have as much right as to post here as anyone else. And yes, I do feel more hostilaty from subscribers that non subscribers since SirBrad has been removed. Most name calling is being done by subscribers. Just check for yourselves. It's rather interresting. (lol)

All this does not mean I was being sarcatic when wishing everyone a Happy Easter. Do some of you have such a hard on to think that everyone here takes anything writing on this forum serious enough to let it effect their real emotions in their own personal life? I know I don't. I do this for enjoyment, plain and simple. Not because I hate people. If you look at what's going on, it's hard not to stir the pot and then sit back and watch the reactions. And, it's hard to not laugh about it.

No one here knows me, so I don't take things said personal. Smile
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 16:28, GaryLee wrote:
My Happy Easter was not meant to be sarcastic. I meant it with with real hope that all will find this special holiday with family and friends to be a blessing to them. If you mean that YOU are sending back a sarcastic and unfelt holiday greeting to me, okay.

Okay, let me amend my post slightly and say I wish you a Happy Easter with exactly as much sincerity as your own wish carried when you made it. That should cover all eventualities.

Quote:
I think I have as much right as to post here as anyone else.

Normally, I'd absolutely agree with that, even though I disagree with the content of your posts and disapprove of their tone. But since you've admitted that your goal here is to "come on here, say something on purpose to stir the pot, then watch most of you take the bait" -- since you have, in fact, copped to being a troll, at least with regard to this thread -- I actually do think you have less right than others to post here.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 16:09, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 15:53, Ray Chelt wrote:
Rowland is a subscriber.

Nice one, this made me smile Smile

You're not alone.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I wonder if the Café would consider opening up an area restricted to RS subscribers only (non-subs could continue their conversations on this thread). It would help maintain quality conversation without the constant jibes and interference from the non-subs. Their constant baiting of the genuine RS subscribers is becoming somewhat of a drag. I never thought magicians could be so jealous of each other, obviously I was wrong!

Non-subs, you're not going to find out any secrets by hanging around here. Now move along please.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
We should rise above it, to me it's no different than the banter that goes along with my weekly game of golf, and some of it is funny. I don't think the majority on non RS subscribers are actually tring to find out what we know. Most of it is just a wind up and a bit of harmless fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..70~71~72~73~74..77~78~79 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL