The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46~47~48..55..61..67..73..77~78~79 [Next]
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Sirbrad,
You are a big person for that inspiring,intelligent post. I actually feel that if we were all in a room having a party we would, for the most part, have a great time. Online interaction is difficult at best, and sometimes meanings get construed.
Thanks for posting your thoughts,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I am glad you appreciated it, as I said in a previous post "a wise man changes his mind a fool never". Yeah the problem with forums is that you cannot hear tone or recognize sarcasm sometimes, and a lot of stuff gets misconstrued and then the never-ending arguments start. That is why I left the thread as it was a wast of time arguing about "nothing". You are either ordering or not and that is pretty much it. Nothing else said really matters, it is all just time filler. I don't really take anything seriously online because as you said we are a lot different in person. Or as I said before we have alter egos that we use just for entertainment purposes or to play devil's advocate. But you also have to know when to stop, and be open to change if you really do feel a certain way. I always keep an open mind even if I am against something.

Supporters will praise it and haters will bash it. I am not really either, I am actually leaning more towards supporting the project. My only gripe was the business part. But that also could change and improve. So I will give RS the benefit of the doubt. It is tough to generate discussion about something that you don't know what it is, and can't talk about once you do. I never saw a thread like this so at least it is unique and intriguing at the same time. I want to order RS just out of pure curiosity alone. But I already have way too much magic. But we'll see.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Rich-Entertainment
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Rich-Entertainment
I have tried to become a member of this opportunity but every step of the way Real Secrets have been unhelpfull.

I signed up late feburary and then got a full refund stating I cancelled my recurring payment, which I did not.

I was told to sign up again. So I cancelled my original recurring payment and signed up again.

I then got an email stating that I cancled that payment, I then proved to them that the cancellation was for the original payment (by screenshots and by Paypal ID's)
I was then told that they would look in to it for me and let me know.

A week later they told me that due to "My repeated attempts to alter the terms has kicked your application out of the system again." and to "Be aware that spaces for membership are not unlimited, and each time you get kicked from the system you move to the end of a soon to be finite line"

I explained to them that I was just following what they requested and gave ample screen shots to prove that the payments were still set up. Asked them to see what else I could do.

I heard nothing for over a week so I chased it up and was told that the payment was still cancelled so that when the automatic "application" thing happens I would not be included.

I have sent several emails to them trying to rectify this matter and at no step along the way have they been helpfull. I was quite excited about this whole idea and was very up for it but now I have several hesitations that I want to be involved with people who work in this manor.

As of now they still have my money, Paypal is still set to Auto-Pay next year and they still say that "Your continued changes make it challenging to give you quality service." and that "If the auto renewal is modified again we will be unable to accommodate further applications". All this I take as very accusational and all I have done is to try and join their service under their terms.

Just wondered if anyone else out there has received this kind of service.

..... no doubt now I bring it to an open forum real secrets will return none of my emails and then remove me from their system for being troublesome when all I have done is exactly what they have asked.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 09:07, Rich-Entertainment wrote:
I have tried to become a member of this opportunity but every step of the way Real Secrets have been unhelpfull.

Sorry to hear that- hopefully this is just a "Start Up" problem!

Quote:
On 2012-03-26 22:23, Zombie Magic wrote:
Real Secrets just sent an e-mail verifying addresses. They are shipping in a week.

I feel like a kid waiting for mail order magic back in the 60's. I'm SO EXCITED about this project!!

Hmmmm.... So far I have not gotten the same message. Hope that doesn't mean trouble for me. I don't know why it would be trouble- I haven't caused any problems for them at all!
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
But I also have not gotten a PayPal refund!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I havent gotten the email yet either Bats, and I was an early subscriber..... I imagine they are sending them out in batches. I hope..... LOL!

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
@rich-entertainment -- I had something of a similar experience with an automatic recurring payment with a different company that ended up with me being charged a late fee on a credit account. For that reason I will not sign up for something that requires such a commitment.

The insistence by RS that subscribers must maintain a future recurring payment in order to receive what they already paid for is mind boggling to me. It is nonsensical. A simple reminder near the end of the first year is all it would take for any satisfied customer to renew. I would hope that whoever is managing the business side of this scheme would realize this and alter their attitude. I don't see that happening.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
I got the email last night!
Rich-Entertainment
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Rich-Entertainment
I am in the process with RS trying to sort out this repayment problem, hopefully we can get through this and I can remain a happy customer who will be awaiting the box/parcel of wonders each month.

I think it's a great idea, just wish I didn't have all these hurdles and fumbles, and that's before I get to the starting line Smile

Hopefully this will be resolved soon and everyone will turn out a winner.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Sirbrad, I want to thank you for launching my career in Mentalism! I predicted you would come back to this Forum. And you DID!

I'm not quite buying your conciliatory act, after the highly emotional vitriolic comments you made---BUT---that's my OPINION based on general observation of human nature.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Rich, Thank you for your post. I'm frustrated for you. This is just another weird "What the...?" with RS that verifies the uneasy gut feeling some of us have had.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
I got the email about the address confirmation on Monday. I hope the website starts to actually get some content on there soon.

I'm wondering if after Rich-Entertainment first canceled the reoccuring payment that there is more going on behind the scenes (red tape) to allow the reoccuring payment to be reinstated. Anyway, hope it all get sorted out for you.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 10:44, Judah Vee wrote:
I havent gotten the email yet either Bats, and I was an early subscriber..... I imagine they are sending them out in batches. I hope..... LOL!

-J-

I was early, too, Judah- that's why I expected an early eMail. I'm not worried, though- at least not yet!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 12:04, Atom3339 wrote:
Sirbrad, I want to thank you for launching my career in Mentalism! I predicted you would come back to this Forum. And you DID!

I'm not quite buying your conciliatory act, after the highly emotional vitriolic comments you made---BUT---that's my OPINION based on general observation of human nature.

Really? That is cool I did not notice as I have not seen any of your posts until now. I don't really care what you buy, I speak honestly and have no reason to do otherwise. As of now that is my stance regarding RS. From here on I will ignore any trolls and keep on topic.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I'm still checking my eMails every half hour, though! I just want to be assured that I am on the list!
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
And, Brad, I too predicted your return, but not PUBLICLY! I saw no reason to do that. But let me just say, "Welcome back"!!!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Brad, some of our fellow members have been extremely charitable and gracious in accepting your apology. Personally, I can't accept an apology if the person apologizing is not honest about what he's apologizing for. I just don't think it's sincere.

I'll explain.

Quote:
On 2012-03-27 03:17, sirbrad wrote:
Initially I kept my focus on RS and did not intend to get involved in bickering or needing to defend myself from personal attacks simply for stating my opinion. I said from the beginning that I did not doubt that the material would be great, I just like to know what I am buying and who I am buying from. The idea is cool but risky, much like a lot of other things as well. I just prefer to be more informed with what I buy. I have a lot of great material already so I don't really need any more now, although we magicians can never get enough it seems. Some have contacted me as well and provided some reassurance that this is a legit company which I don't doubt as I said, I just prefer to know what and whom I am buying from.

In terms of honesty, the portions I set in bold present a problem for you. You claim you never doubted the Real Secrets material would be great or that Real Secrets is a legitimate company...but your own posts in this thread show that's a lie. Here's a selection of things you said about RS:

"I am not convinced that because they gave one refund that they are not going to rip people off."

"But their shadiness is placing a huge dark cloud over the seemingly sunny parade. Their greed is going to work against them, and maybe even expose illegal business practices."

"Apparently they don't know how to run an honest business, so that would explain why they would not want to be known."

"So go ahead and waste your money."

"These RS effects are not going to be any better than most of the other magic out there, you are just buying into the hype. This was their was exact marketing strategy and many fell for it; hook, line, and sucker."

"They just say it is limited now so that all the suckers spend their cash, then later on they screw them over and change the rules to make more money."

"Now you know the REAL reason they don't want anyone knowing who they are. That way no one will come knocking later on looking for their money they were scammed out of."

"I don't like people being taken advantage of by swindlers who think that everyone will fall for their marketing schemes."

You made every one of those statements, Brad. Anyone can go back and see them in context to see I haven't misrepresented them. Your claim that you never doubted RS was legitimate is dishonest. So your "apology" is hollow.

You also attempt to paint yourself as an innocent who humbly expressed his opinion and was blindsided by ruffians for it. But you don't get to complain about personal attacks and insults when you're as guilty as anyone else of dishing them out. Again, your own posts give the lie to your claims of innocence and humility. Just a few examples out of the many:

"I guess the world of gullible magicians do not want to be saved. I tried."

"I am trying to save you from getting scammed but you are too thick-headed to see it."

"Sounds like I need to move to the UK, at least they don't have their heads up their orifices."

"Kinda like your mom still does today? That is why I am ignoring you from here on out, and your old date gaffed."

"I am trying to save the magic world."

Not exactly the picture of innocence and humility there, Brad.

Quote:
I have no hard feelings towards RS or anyone in this thread so I just wanted to squash the beef.

I could admire that, if I thought it was sincere. But your lack of honesty (with us; maybe with yourself) about what you're apologizing for renders your apology meaningless. Others may choose to pat you on the back for "manning up" -- but I honestly don't think you have yet.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I haven't received an email yet, I would be interested to know how many people on here have.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 13:32, BatsMagic wrote:
And, Brad, I too predicted your return, but not PUBLICLY! I saw no reason to do that. But let me just say, "Welcome back"!!!

Thanks. I bet many predicted it, but I am sure they did not predict that type of response. I actually had no intention of returning, and to be honest if certain "secret people" had not contacted me I would not have returned. I did not read the thread since I left until I got some pm's. But I wanted to return and explain how I really felt, and that I held no grudges. I am sure there will still be flamers because there is not really much else for them to talk about yet. But they will be talking to themselves. I just wanted to clear the air and explain how I truly felt about it all. I still think it is a neat idea but I don't like some of the hurdles.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Actually Frenchdrop, as I said I don't care who accepts my apology or believes it, I am not wasting my time bickering about it anymore or other trivial things. I said from the beginning I did not doubt that the "product" or material would be good, and I questioned the business tactics. I also hinted that maybe I was having a bit of fun provoking discussion and perhaps using an alter ego to do so. You don't know how I really felt about it, no one did except me. My last post pretty much says how I feel about it, I am not really against it or for it, more so in the middle and leaning towards for it. If not for the few problems that it presented for me I would be 100% for it.

So you can quote me all you like, not believe my apology, and carry that all with you all day and night if you want. It is easy to quote out of context, most of those responses were the result of personal attacks, many by you which you conveniently left out. My focus was on RS from the start, and a lot of stuff said in jest. I feel honored that you and your "group" talk about me via pm's as well, I guess I did my job well. Probably in an effort to keep provoking me for your own entertainment which no longer will work. I got a lot of "pm's" also asking me to come back. I am over it all, and if you want to stay in attack mode I will just ignore you. But that is the truth as far as my current opinion on RS goes. It sounds cool but due to the few problems I have with it I was not enticed to order because of them, period.

So believe or don't believe what you want. Unlike you, others change, forgive and forget. You lied about "missing" me too I guess? Or were you being sarcastic? Welcome to the forums. I meant what I said in my returning post, and most would not bother coming back to a thread anyway which is about "nothing", and posting those things if they didn't mean them. Especially if they have not ordered still. You simply want to keep an argument about nothing going so you have something to do and talk about with your groupies. So I am done explaining myself. This is about RS not you being entertained until April. Have a good one. (I'll let you decide if that was sincere.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..44~45~46~47~48..55..61..67..73..77~78~79 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL