We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Using Percussion Tables ... ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jerome96114
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jerome96114
As I am only an amateur magician, and a poor student as well, I was searching for a cheap solution
for a busking and close-up table.

Then I had the idea to use PERCUSSION TABLES. They normally only cost between 30 € and 70 €,
so they are quite cheap compared to the tables usually sold to magicians.

They are quite sturdy, and I only can recommend them. They are available from several brands,
but for the things a magician would use them for most brands are sturdy enough. Even the cheap ones.

Here is the one I use:

Anyone else who uses percussion tables ?
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Not sure what a percussion table is? I'd guess it's a musical term for percussion instrument like a drum or something, and I'd also guess it could be purchased at a music store?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not a musician.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3405 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
This is the style of table I have used for years. Mine does not have quite the high perimeter edging as yours Jerome. I like the fact that when used for stage the edging on the table keeps props from rolling off, even when using a cloth table cover. For close-up I add an expanded flat top to the table that velcros on, giving me a 2" X 3' working surface. Add to that that the height adjusts quickly and it has proven to be the perfect table for me.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Magic_engineer
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
66 Posts

Profile of Magic_engineer
I had never heard of these also, but after looking on the net - there are some very interesting options

http://www.vintagedrum.com/category/Acce......d/Cannon
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Meinl-Percus......74132.gc
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I've been drumming for 20 years and so use of a percussion table was a natural progression for me. They're essentially what we use to old random percussion instruments - shakers, chimes, bells, etc - that would otherwise just sit on the floor at a gig. Mine actually attaches to my drum rack but they can easily be placed on a stand and they're built to be sturdy since they take a lot of abuse. The padding makes them great for a number of magic effects and the height is adjustable.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 14:54, Magic_engineer wrote:
I had never heard of these also, but after looking on the net - there are some very interesting options

http://www.vintagedrum.com/category/Acce......d/Cannon
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Meinl-Percus......74132.gc

Thanks for looking it up, I should have just Googled it myself! But the two you linked to seem pricey compared to what OP says he pays for them. Still, nice alternative solution.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
jerome96114
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jerome96114
I bought mine for around 35 € ... Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3405 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
If you get the stands that are chromed it will cost you more.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
The Rolls Royce of trap tables........I've used one for for years.

http://www.pearldrum.com/Products/Percus......les.aspx

If there's a portable table anywhere that's better for close up, I've never seen it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Using Percussion Tables ... ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL