The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Finger tips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Does anyone here have any experience using "finger tips"? They are basically TT, but made for your other fingers. Pro's and cons?
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
Í know that there is other FTs, but I have no experience using them, I basically use TT.

Smile
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
Never used other FTs, but the sixth finger is pretty cool. Holds much larger loads and fools the people who know about the Tip.
Leo B. Domapias
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Leo B. Domapias
I regularly use four FTs to produce four 6" different colored silks. I then turn the 6" silks into a sunburst 18" silk via the blendo method taught by Duanne Laflin in his video Sensational Silk Magic.

The FTs throw off people who know about TT. In fact I'd often tease the audience by wriggling my thumbs to emphasize the fact---and then I proceed to produce four silks one after another.

Ben Benjay
Manila, Philippines
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
I use a FT as well; it does misdirect those in the know about TT. The downsize is the load is smaller.
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
If I remember right Jim Pace is partial to the FT in some of his work. I own all the FTs but seldom use them in favor of sleights or a one ahead situation.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Okito used one this way.

He did a silk vanish with a pull... then to show the audience the silk was STILL IN MY HAND... he had a spectator stick a finger into his fist and pull out a bit of the silk.

Ahem, it was his daughter sitting in the front row with a FT.

KOOL, EH?

Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Pete, You always have great bits of info, and historical facts to share. We are fortunate to have you here.

BTW are you still interested in letting go of some of your Gaff P-n-T tops? I would be interested in seeing some pictures, and prices, when you are ready. The brass stock for my prototypes came in this week, and I should have a couple of juice tops to experiment with soon.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
The FT are usually used for stage magic to produce silks.

If you want a good video on how to produce silks, get McBride Magic On Stage Vol. 2.

Hope That Helps.

Adam
cubreporter
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
68 Posts

Profile of cubreporter
FT are excellent for small items and often will fool magicians watching. Sometimes you can find a very small TT to use as one if there is no FT available. The TT has been too widely exposed, so a FT is a perfect alternative.
I am whatever I am to you.
johnloon
View Profile
New user
UK
54 Posts

Profile of johnloon
Take a look at the "Flicking Fingers" DVD. There is a routine uses FT which fool magician.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Basically Who cares about fooling magicians...is it more practical for the lay audience? In some cases yes in some no. I don't see the advantage of using one over the other. If you're natural enough with it, they will never suspect or anticipate it being used in the first place. It had to come from somewhere, yes, but if you're smooth with it, they'll have no idea and it should be out of play before they could piece it together.
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Jay Scott Berry has some incredible work on false fingers. Worth a look.
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
381 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
I want to ask where I can get a good Finger Tip? I looked for a long time
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Garrett Thomas has a great idea for a use on them on his “Any Questions?” video. It's not used for producing silks or anything, but rather pulling off a finger. It gets a great reaction.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2003-09-26 16:41, Dbzkid999 wrote:
The FT are usually used for stage magic to produce silks.

If you want a good video on how to produce silks, get McBride Magic On Stage Vol. 2.

Hope That Helps.

Adam

Not really. FT's are generally too small for silk production. A SF is better.

When Terry Seabrooke was at the SAM convention in Houston, I showed him how to use an FT for the cigarette in the jacket, instead of using a TT. He appreciated it very much.

I ALWAYS use the FT for that purpose.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22823 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mr. Palmer,

Just thought I would let you know that several Japanese have created a silk production using FT's on all digits. Then blendo effect.

Of course the silks are very small, but they do sell them as stage magic. Not my cup of tea, but a sale is a sale. Keeps the economy going.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I guess they use smaller stages in Japan. Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
165 Posts

Profile of limkris
Take a look at Gaetan Bloom's Gypsy Thread.
dogwood86
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of dogwood86
Jim Pace's Finger tip routine is in his 'A' material book, and I have just begun practicing it a bit. Very nicely structured and very magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Finger tips (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL