The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Most repeated trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Hey everyone, what are the tricks you do most often? If this has already been asked before just post the link and lock the thread. Smile

Anyway, I do Daley Show, Biddle Trick, Questionable Trick, Mambo Nº5, Three Card Monte and a bunch more. In the near future I'll start working my way through Crash Course 2, for an ambitious card routine. When I get Dough and ID Deck decently down I think I'll do them often as well. Smile
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
I do Triumph, Dr. Daley's last trick, twisting the aces and reset a lot.
One trick that I think is over performed is two card monte. Just my two cents. Smile

I used to perform two card monte a lot, but I realized how many people perform it and that kind of turned me off...
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
I don't really enjoy the Two Card Monte that much, but that's because the T** change is not on my priority practice list Smile Smile but I agree the effect is strong, but it kind of looks like the Daley Show, but it's harder than the Daley Show. (At least the versions I know, I learned Two Card Monte from illusionist and Daley Show from Penguin, are these effects the same as yours? Is Penguin's Daley Show the same as Dr. Daley's last trick?)
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
Whenever someone hands me a deck of cards, I go into my Ambitious Card routine. It is easy to follow and I get a great reaction. Also, the Ambitious Card can be performed without patter and still make sense, therefore, if you are performing in a loud area or for people that don't speak the same language, the trick still has the same effect.

I haven't seen Crash Coarse 2 but I would suggest Darryl's Ambitious Card DVD. It covers just about every good move for and Ambitious Card routine. Get the DVD, not the tape. You will want to go back to different sections and skip around.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Daley Last Trick and Triumph. These card tricks I probably use and practice every day.
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
I know I did, but that's because I'm not sure how it's written and I just write it in different ways. But is Daley Show and Daley's last trick the exact same trick ?
dynamite
View Profile
New user
Philippines
71 Posts

Profile of dynamite
Just learned the Crazy Man's Handcuffs and fell in love with it (well, at least for now). I have been carrying a few rubber bands round my wrist and will be ready at a moment's notice. Great effect!

All the best!
Dynamite
Smile
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, you can . . . Boldness has a genius, magic and power to it!"
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Quote:
On 2003-09-24 13:19, blitzchampion wrote:
...is Daley Show and Daley's last trick the exact same trick?

Yes it is. Penguinmagic just renamed it.

The "Two-Card Monte" is similar in effect to Dr. Daley's Last Trick but it requires more advanced sleights and a more complicated handling, however, it is more convincing.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
My most requested magic is the H.P.C. coins through table. And the sponge bunnies.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
"Two in the Hand, One in the Pocket" I do it all the time because it is entertaining and I can do it with nothing but the change in my pocket.
Magic is fun!!!
magical65stang
View Profile
New user
Turlock, CA
73 Posts

Profile of magical65stang
Triumph, Beswitched, and $2 Bill Tear, are my most repeated tricks and often most requested. Any deck of cards and my wallet and I am ready to go. Smile
"I'm not a liar, you just don't see the truth."
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Mine are Two Card Monte, Triumph, Do As I Do, Gemini Twins and A LOT of flourishes. Smile
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
  1. Red Hot Mamma, (Chigaco Opener)
  2. A version of Bill Malone's "My Favorite Opener"
  3. Scotch & Soda
  4. MacDonald's Aces
  5. Last Trick of Dr. Jacob Daley's
  6. "Cutting Tens" from the Malone Tapes
  7. My version of "Remember and Forget", from the All Stars volume 2 edition from Gary Kurtz, except I use 10 cards with five people. My presentation, and methodology is a little different, and for a kicker the first set (the tabled cards) appear face-up in the deck at the end.
  8. Further Than That
  9. A Card to Pocket or Impossible Location
  10. A poker routine using a Faro Shuffle
  11. Thumbcuff Escape
  12. David Regal's, Deju "Vu" Deck
  13. Ambitious Card Trick
:) Smile Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I get asked to do the linking rings a lot.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Invisible Deck. Gets 'em every time! I pull out Red Hot Mama a lot too, but I just learned how to really do it right recently. CMH is a favorite too!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
montag
View Profile
New user
mayfield, new york
8 Posts

Profile of montag
The trick I use most is the Hankercheif Vanish and Healed and Sealed. Smile
with death comes new life
never seek sanctuary were the devil is king
if you love something let it go, if it loves you it will come back

john plumadore
Leon of PrimRose
View Profile
New user
mayfield, new york
69 Posts

Profile of Leon of PrimRose
I like the Ambitious Card a lot. I also use a lot of ace tricks. Smile
Being forgotten is worse than death

There was never anything but life...life and death...Good...Evil...It all depends on how you look at life... and death. The strong, the weak. It's all just a concept.

Believe the unbe
Erick Elektrik
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Erick Elektrik
The invisible deck. Everybody will talk about you. Do it when you meet customer and see the reaction. Smile
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Two Card Monte and Ambitious Card a lot.
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
I find myself performing the Ambitious Card and my sponge ball routine often.

But the one effect I perform the most is probably Dr. Daley's Last Trick, due to the versatile performing conditions it allows for.
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Most repeated trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL