The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for specific T/R Newspaper Handling. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
This is probably not the best forum for this, but could find no other appropriate forum. I have Ron Wilson's wonderful book, Tales from the Uncanny Scot, and on the accompaning DVD, he performs a wonderful slow motion T/R newspaper routine, and references Alex Elmsley as the originator. Do any of you know of this routine, or where it might be found in print? The routine as Ron performed it, was wonderful.
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
This might be better in the boxes tubes and bags section or something. But, I have a copy of The Uncanny Scot, a book written by Ron (different from Tales from the uncanny scot) this one has, and explains such tricks as the highland hop (magic castle trick of the year at one time), a confabulation (that I have seen Dana Daniels use with luigi) a TON of other awesome stuff and of course the slow-motion newspaper tear. It was expensive when I bought it, I've been thinking about selling it because I've read it so much that I could probably read you the book by memory, and maybe someone else should get a chance to learn from it. But Ron passed away not too long ago, and these may start becoming scarce.

Micheal
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hi Corbett,

If you're refering to Alex Elmsley's T/R Newspaper Handling, you can find his detailed description in Stephen Minch's "The Collected Works of Alex Elmsley Vol 1" page 157 until page 165 under the name of "The Visual Torn and Restored Newspaper".

Nick Lewin used this version in his Las Vegas show years ago. It's one of the best and if I'm right he still uses it.

Good luck.

Oliver.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Yes, Ron's is a version of Alex Elmsley's beautiful routine. Ron modified it slighlty, but they are both fantastic. As mentioned above, you'll find it in Ron's book 'The Uncanny Scot'. I just picked up a used copy for $75, so they are out there. You'll find the original in Minch's book, as well as on the L&L video series with Alex Elmsley.
It's all in the reflexes.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Alex Elmsley's original T&R Newspaper is the best I've ever seen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for specific T/R Newspaper Handling. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL