The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pure Smoke vs Magic Smoke V2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
Hi all,

Does anybody have either of these or both? Which is the best and easiest to set up etc?

Magik1
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Try the search,both have been compared & reviewed.

Mike
Ken Francis
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Ken Francis
Go for magic smoke v2 you won't regret it.
A day without laughing Is a life Without living
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Here is a fine video review that compares, in great detail, Pure Smoke and Magic Smoke V2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSqagUZT_M

~13~
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Great link, 13.

I spaced this video out when I saw this thread. I think it is the best comparison review I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting the link!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-02-22 19:44, 13 wrote:
Here is a fine video review that compares, in great detail, Pure Smoke and Magic Smoke V2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSqagUZT_M

~13~

THANK YOU for posting the link.

That fellow was so kind to make a comparison. He gave info for us to make the call.

Clarke
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
Years ago (attempting to not give away my age) I bought FISM Flash by John Cornelius. For those who don't know it, the device produced a flash of light apparently from nowhere or seemingly from between your hands. It was a brilliant prop. However, after using it for only a short while I decided that having something strapped to my body and battery packs hooked on belts etc. was just way too uncomfortable (for the want of a better word) to justify the effect. Additionally, when I perform ring flight the vanish is so strong that on 3 occasions (could be slightly more than 3 from memory, but definitely 3) I've had a spectator say "it must be up his sleeve" and then actually GRAB and feel my sleeve. The first time this happened I had a Raven in my sleeve and so the spectator recoiled and exclaimed "he DOES have something in his sleeve." After that I retired the Raven. Smile This is another potential issue I see with these devices.

So having said all of that, I'd be interested to hear from those who use either of these devices just how cumbersome and 'uncomfortable' they find it to be and if anyone has just given up (as I did with FISM Flash) due to this problem.

I hope that this post is not off topic and that magik1 would also benefit from this information.

Porter
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I saw both products demoed at blackpool and directly have gone for magic smoke v2.
five customers who bought pure smoke were dissapointed after they saw v2 demoed.
all said it was noisy and too much set up compared to v2.
for me the reason was understandable and simple. v2 smoke is thicker and makes no noise at all.
the possibilitie to control the smoke (a "fast" cloud or "creeping" thick smoke) sold it for me.
even the refills are cheaper (two drips of the smoke fluid produce 500 puffs of smoke!).
The set up of the unit is very easy and simple as its just one thin smoke unit, tubes and a hand pump.
First I thought it could be uncomfortable to wear the pump under your arm but I was fortunatly mistaken.

regards Martin
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 05:18, ArtIn wrote:

First I thought it could be uncomfortable to wear the pump under your arm but I was fortunatly mistaken.

regards Martin

Thanks Martin.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
I sspoke with Adam at the Blackpool Magic Convention & Smoke Version 2 is fantastic Adam was very help full. The new website has launched now & has all the smoke products etc.Adam also showed me his smoking flash paper & all I can say is this looks fantastic a nice flash then lingering white smoke.

Well Done Adam

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
Thanks for the info guys. The video review is really helpful.

Tonyporter: I was concerned with how uncomfortable they where to wear as well as which worked best. I bought the magic squeaker a while ago and never really felt comfortable wearing it as I felt a bit restricted with movement.

Magik1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pure Smoke vs Magic Smoke V2 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL