The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The best business book you've read (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
Mine is by Craig Garber, "How to make maximum money with minimum customers." This books is simply fantastic. I learned so much about upselling, continuity, and will soon have a system in place to keep money coming in from past birthday party customers every month (like a trick a month club for kids).

I am really interested in reading and absorbing as much information as possible. What are the books you've read that changed the way you do business?

Josh
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino.
You have to let it sink in.
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
4-hour work week (many will disagree with the value of this book but it changed everything about how I work)
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
Sctt, that is one of the next books on my list. Now I'll really check it out. How did it help you?
RSteele
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of RSteele
4 hour work week is excellent!
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 15:17, magicmaninsd wrote:
Sctt, that is one of the next books on my list. Now I'll really check it out. How did it help you?

I just came back from a 1-month vacation to Arizona and Disneyland with my wife and kids (we live in Canada) and we both my wife and I kept making money with our businesses at the same time. That's just the start! Have fun!

The idea is to change how you think of work.
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
Forgive the spelling error, SCOTT. My apologies.
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
That seems like a book I need. Thank you Scott.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
http://www.amazon.ca/Myth-Revisited-Smal......87307280
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Marketing Outrageously by Jon Spoelstra. A great book from the very successful sports marketer. Inside the book are also case studies on AOL and how they decided to use direct mail and give away their software, when everyone else was charging for it(remember Prodigy).

His story on the Sacramento Kings and his Don't Fowl Out campaign with a rubber chicken stuffed in a FedEx tube and how $12K generated $2.5 million. The underlying theme is Never use bland marketing. It’s not memorable – rise above bland.

We did just that when we did a direct mail campaign for our stunt show. We mailed out customized & personalized movie clapperboards to the top 120 businesses we wanted to work with. It was very well received and 2012 will be our best year for our stunt show.

Sorry to go on and on...but this book truly can change your entire outlook on how to market yourself DIFFERENTLY.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
The War Of ART. (Not Art of War.) It is a book will change your life.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
The Cult Of The Customer by Shep Hyken. Excellent book on providing extraordinary customer service and maintaining customer loyalty.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
Thank you all so much for the suggestions.

Seth, I'd like to add that your trade show book is excellent! I've never done a trade show, but wan to get into them.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
"Think and Grow Rich".
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Fast Lane Millionaire by MJ Demarco - key point is that financial freedom for most is based on time and hope. Rather than time being plentiful and money being scarce, MJ illustrates how in reality it is money that is plentiful and time that is scarce. It sounds like the "4- hour work week" may share some of the same concepts. I think I will read that book next.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
It's a toss-up between two:

-- "Business by the Book"
by Larry Burkett

-- "There's No Such Thing As 'Business' Ethics"
by John C. Maxwell
Krisgar
View Profile
New user
Bedfordshire, UK
42 Posts

Profile of Krisgar
I'd have to say for Childrens Entertainment so far it's been John Breeds' - Create Kid's Magic And Triple Your Income!
Also a good DVD for some marketing tips and promotional magic is The Business by Martin Sanderson

Excuse the plug, but I currently have it for sale on eBay (check the sig)
Krisgar Entertainments
Childrens Entertainer in Bedfordshire
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 10:40, magicmaninsd wrote:
Thank you all so much for the suggestions.

Seth, I'd like to add that your trade show book is excellent! I've never done a trade show, but wan to get into them.

Thanks! Shep is always an inspiration and he definitely practices what he preaches as he is one of the busiest speakers/performers I know.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I really enjoyed the book "Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind" by Al Ries and Jack Trout. It's a small publication that I've re-read numerous times. (If I like a book, I'll often read it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything.)

Gerry
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Great thread! I've added quite a few books to my reading list now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The best business book you've read (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL