The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Performing on Fox tomorrow in San Diego (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay, to make it simple kevin:

Old school is a pencil. Most use pencils to perform this effect. I never have seen anyone perform this sort of prediction with a pen.

Hope that clears up the confusion. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Let me ask a simple question. But let me preface it with congradulations Benji. Nice job. They people seemed to enjoy it and if it was watched by anyone not "in magic" I am certain it had the right effect. I despise the "we didn't set anything up" stuff as it shows inexperience, but aside from that again let me say nice job.

(My guess is that it was reheared as 99% of those things are because the guy was SUCH a bad actor for the first effect, but again nice job.)

But let me repeat, NICE JOB for those who want to slam me for questions later. Again it can be nit picked, as can anything, but all in all it worked for the intended crowd. Good choice to go with sure fire can't miss stuff by the way. THAT is smart! I mean that because the last thing you want so to be out there with it all hanging out and everyone knowing. Not a bad lesson to pass along about TV spots like this is to make certain you do that exact thing. DON'T MISS. I don't mean the ploy he used by missing by one, but rather don't fail with an effect. You would think it self explanitory but it is not.

lunatic as long as you want mindpro to reveal himself why not put up some video of you working?

Now for my question and I guess it is more rhetorical than anything. Are we all supposed to run in here and to You Tube and post video of every show and every TV/Radio spot we do?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
themagicguy
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
280 Posts

Profile of themagicguy
Well done Benji!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-02-26 18:39, Dannydoyle wrote:
Let me ask a simple question. But let me preface it with congradulations Benji. Nice job. They people seemed to enjoy it and if it was watched by anyone not "in magic" I am certain it had the right effect. I despise the "we didn't set anything up" stuff as it shows inexperience, but aside from that again let me say nice job.

(My guess is that it was reheared as 99% of those things are because the guy was SUCH a bad actor for the first effect, but again nice job.)

But let me repeat, NICE JOB for those who want to slam me for questions later. Again it can be nit picked, as can anything, but all in all it worked for the intended crowd. Good choice to go with sure fire can't miss stuff by the way. THAT is smart! I mean that because the last thing you want so to be out there with it all hanging out and everyone knowing. Not a bad lesson to pass along about TV spots like this is to make certain you do that exact thing. DON'T MISS. I don't mean the ploy he used by missing by one, but rather don't fail with an effect. You would think it self explanitory but it is not.

lunatic as long as you want mindpro to reveal himself why not put up some video of you working?

Now for my question and I guess it is more rhetorical than anything. Are we all supposed to run in here and to You Tube and post video of every show and every TV/Radio spot we do?

I was alluding to the same point with Kevin there Danny (albeit the pen used rather then what most would think of as a n**** w*****). I did not want to come right out and say it but it certainly clears up the issue. Glad you are in agreement and not nitpicking, I think it is a valid observation.

The anchor was doing his best there, you have to give him credit. I thought the female was pretty good though. And I have to admire Benji for working it well. I would have used and still do use P** S*** when I can. Last time on TV the anchors were adamant about not talking to me before the show.

Decomp
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
I saw the you tube clip and was just bored. Zoned out after the first effect. I think it is awesome that you were able to get on tv (in my hometown), but the performance fell flat. Maybe that is Benji's style, but I just found myself bored.

Josh
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Danny nothing was set up and I didn't meet them before we went on live (that's why you saw no preshow)...those were genuine reactions.

We were supposed to stand up and walk in the back to show the producer something...then go into the control room and perform. That's why you see the guy anchor stand up and sit back down.

And Josh if you were bored then I'm glad you weren't the news anchor.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Defintely a difference in a magic tricks performance and hard hitting mentalism. Once you make the jump from mental magic to mentalism its easy to see things differently.
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
I saw David Copperfield a week ago in Vegas. He was terrible. Looked like he didn't want to be there at all. I got the same feeling from Benji's performance. I was just bored with his "David Blaine-like) performance. Only difference is Benji wears a suit.

Oh well, let the flamming begin hahaha
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2012-02-26 02:56, Decomposed wrote:
Okay, to make it simple kevin:

Old school is a pencil. Most use pencils to perform this effect. I never have seen anyone perform this sort of prediction with a pen.

Hope that clears up the confusion. Smile

I understand what happen I was just playing around with the "DUH"

I think this video was far stronger for you Benji. Considering the fact that this is a borrowed watch and she saw the actual time BEFORE the person even named the time I think this was much better buddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9eAInrsN......ure=plcp
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I understand Kevin....I must have been half asleep:)

I agree the watch routine was about as good as it gets. The exact time the anchor thought of. Benji said he did not have time to do that one but that is incredible. You can see it on the female's face.

magicmaninsd

I saw D.C. when he came here. Barely heard one word hs said the entire performance. He insisted on using his on sound system and it stunk. I would have gladly paid to see Benji. that's the truth.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I saw Copperfield in Vegas and 750 people couldn't have been happier.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Glad you could hear him. You should talk to the people who run the Theatre here Danny. Not just any theatre either, greats of the past have performed there. The sound system there is top notch. The performer needs to use it however in order for it to work.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He has valid reasons for using his own.

I notice he gets a LOT more critical crap from the magic community than he does from the people who buy the tickets who are non magicians. Coincidence?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Danny, we could not hear him at all, the entire show. I called the next day and discovered the reason why. His sound system is for floor level only. It does not cover the box seats etc at the Majestic Theatre. I respect him as an artist but without sound, the show was ruined for those of us who could not hear it.

I have my own sound system but seldom use it. I put it in my contract the venue furnishes me the sound. I know artists who insist on using their own and respect that but it cannot apply to every venue.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Serriously? You are comparing yourself to him and his show and his needs?

As I said he has LOTS of valid reasons to use his own and you called and maybe just maybe got the right answer.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
No I am not comparing myself Danny, I am voicing as a spectator.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20493 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-02-29 01:42, Decomposed wrote:
I have my own sound system but seldom use it. I put it in my contract the venue furnishes me the sound. I know artists who insist on using their own and respect that but it cannot apply to every venue.

This is comparing sorry sir.

I have noticed magicians tend to be VERY critical of ol Copperfield. The man has been one of the best paid entertainers for decades, is (as is shown prior to his show.) a huge part of pop culture and practicalyl a "brand name" like Coke or Kleenex, and does hundreds of shows a year. Not going to hit them all out of the park.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
"Magicians"? I "resemble" that remark.

I only use that term for laymen marketing Danny.

I realize D.C. is the best magician who ever lived, okay. I believe that term is very subjective however.

And yes, I think I can compare my knowledge of sound systems to D. C.'s knowledge. But it does not take that much knowledge to know when you perform at a venue to ensure you do sound checks unpstairs as well as downstairs.

I do not see where I compared myself to D. C. as a magician just as I did not compare myself to you as a hypnotist.

Decomposing and Not Hearing a Word from that World Renown Magician
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10073 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I was just informed by a t.v. producer friend of mine in LA (who he's begging to get on TV) that Benji is now telling them and calling himself "the best mentalist in the world!" She saw a video he sent her and only laughed, and said what a joke, he can't be serious. Sadly, he was. When will this self-serving egotist stop?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2762 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Oh, so now we have 1 tv producer that doesn't like Benji? Haha well, I bet if they put him on the air, the general public will love him! And that's all that matters. Tell me who the tv producer is, I'd like to confirm your story and see where the benchmark has been set for mentalists performing on her show. Wait a sec! I bet you set the benchmark MP, and you don't want Benji stealing some of your thunder! Don't worry, he's going to be in your world soon enough, performing at some of the same venues, possibly even taking some :0
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Performing on Fox tomorrow in San Diego (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL