The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Performing on Fox tomorrow in San Diego (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OH come on now. Lets not do this again. We all know you are the president of the fan club lunatic. How about that video of you doing magic I keep asking for?

What makes YOU qualified to say the general public will love him? Your extensive work installing cable systems for Comcast?

Lets stop ok?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2777 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Seeing and hearing their responses? Oh wait, you hate to admit that Benji is a good performer and does get great reactions and testimonies. Where's some of yours being a professional and all, you have some right? I'm thinking you'd be hard pressed to solicit many testimonies and will probably not ever show yourself performing as you and I know that you're not as good as you say you are and it would clearly show once we see you on video Smile

Expect in the near future that Benji has taken some of gigs from devious and MP. They'll be in here sobbing saying how horrible he is etc, but they'll get over it. He'll be all over the news garnering tons of publicity while they come here to tell us their heartbreaking stories. *yawn

I predict MP and devious will be so scared of Benji coming to California that they'll try to throw him under the bus as much as they can to anyone that will listen to them. But that too will backfire and he will be a staple performer in California. MP, we're getting closer to finding out who you really are! Can't wait to see your performance style etc..
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10174 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I've never seen two people who don't get it more than these two. They're good for each other's ego. No one here needs to prove anything to anyone and neither of these clowns are a worry or concern to anyone here or any real workers. You keep playing your game of getting your self-serving testimonials and contacting unsolicited tv show producers, perhaps you're bound to hit with someone eventually, but that still means nothing. As discussed before, when you are a professional being on tv or radio is a standard part of the gig. No big deal.

This is exactly why I refrained from discussing Benji's last clip how terrible it actually was. Lunatik, once you've accomplished even half of what I have, then we can talk. I (or anyone here) has nothing to prove to you or anyone.

You will also learn, it's not a competition. Once performers get to a pro level, we support each other as there is enough work for all. Hell, we even refer each other when the need arises.

You want to confirm my story go ahead, do you think I'm making it up? I shouldn't need me to tell you who the producer is (you supposedly should know), and I wouldn't anyhow.

By the way, you're a pretty big talker here for someone that isn't even doing the performing yourself. Benji's a big boy, a guru, I mean "the world's best", so he certainly doesn't need you speaking on his behalf. Worry about yourself. This has nothing to do with you.

Benji shouldn't need to put others down to try to build himself up. As far as I can tell on this board Benji is gaining nothing having you speaking on his behalf and babbling about things you know nothing about. I'd be embarrassed everytime you talk if I were Benji.

Benji, remember...Guru Lession #1 - you are only as good as those people you surround yourself with. Lunatik? Seriously?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10174 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
By the way, just so you know, being on a tv show is not about whether the general public likes him, its about ratings and sponsors, which is ultimately about money - business. Your whole crusade of this being a popularity contest is where you are failing miserably. These are perceptions of amateurs and those not in the know. You're playing way out of your league currently.

It's about business, profits, benefits and returns. Again, Guru 101.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2777 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Business 101, you should know that by having a great show, great guests, that those things will get you sponsors and ratings. You're explaining the obvious. Like it's been said before, let's see who's doing what in 10 years. MP will still be in business, still successful, Danny will still be at the same resort, having not progressed, devious wandering around a couple of restaurants and fairs, Benji will be doing a majority of speaking gigs with some mentalist shows. Just my guess, maybe I'm wrong, but we shall see!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Mindpro serious? Danny liked Benji on the TV show clip and you did not. Fair enough. We all have opinions of course. I mean is it really true about the LA TV gig? All fun aside. The producer actually laughed? Was it because of the comment or the clip? I cannot see laughing at the clip so it had to be the comment about being the best if this is what Bengi said.

And does LA fly people out to be on the show or does the person pay their own expenses? I thought the majority of local TV shows you had to pay your own way.
I know Benji was looking at being on the Leno show eventually.

I want to tell how one "magician" got on TV here where I live but I will not on a public forum.

Respectively submitted,

Decomp
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 12:08, lunatik wrote:
Business 101, you should know that by having a great show, great guests, that those things will get you sponsors and ratings. You're explaining the obvious. Like it's been said before, let's see who's doing what in 10 years. MP will still be in business, still successful, Danny will still be at the same resort, having not progressed, devious wandering around a couple of restaurants and fairs, Benji will be doing a majority of speaking gigs with some mentalist shows. Just my guess, maybe I'm wrong, but we shall see!

Wow such a great teller of the future. In 10 years how much has Copperfield progressed? God you are pathetic. But since you have another wild hair in an uncomfortable spot let me help you with your craziness about not having a testimonial. Now you are talking about the fake ones he gets from crashing hotels I should imagine. So here let me put this up. God this pains me but oh well since you obviously have a short term memory problem I will do it again.

http://www.genewilliamscountry.com/full-......tml#July 17

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie......ula.html

I will not continue to bore people with this stuff as it is out there. Notice also how this is reviews of THE HOTELS and not of my show. This is a site where people go and mention my name after NOT BEING SOLICITED TO DO SO! This is jut people saying what they really liked at a hotel they spent about $600 per person per night to be at. (Yea I won't progress in 10 years LOL.)

See lunatic when you attack people who are successful it does not really work out well for you does it? I do not have go GUESS where I will be or proclaim where I am headed or any of that. I have an actual work product that you can look back at and say "oh wow I guess he is there". I don't have to crash anything, I don't have to fake testimonials, steal standing ovations or any of that stuff. To say I won't progress much in 10 years is somewhat akin to saying someone is "most improved". Well sure he will be that and maybe "progress" further in 10 years but that is simply because the child has so far to go.

So while you spend the next few minutes pulling your tootsies out of your yapper maybe write it down this time so you don't forget and look like a petulant child.

Like I asked earlier, (AFTER complimenting your hero by the way. Go look back, I COMPLIMENTED HIM and you go on to flame me and make yourself look like the north end of a south bound horse.) do I have to post every little thing that happens and every tv appearance and write up I get? It shows immaturity. I thought good reviews and such were just our job, not something to brag about.

And incidently being at the same resort company for 10 years is AN ACCOMPLISHMENT that few in this industry can pull off. Not something to be looked down upon by a cable installer.

So how about that video of your work? How about some Tripadvisor reviews of your work? I won't hold my breath. Ever get tired of being wrong and called on it and looking bad? I would think it would start to wear on you after a while.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
If all Danny is doing 10 years from now is what he has routinely, recently & currently been doing then I have one thing to say:

Congratulations!!!

OK, two things to say: We have one mouth but two ears. If one is not happy with where they are now, then use one's ears and maybe over the next 10 years you will be where you want to be. Listening to Danny & Mindpro won't hurt your career.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Here I am outside of my venue, wandering around, standing guard,
hoping no one steals my gig. Come and get it.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea alwasy gotta guard guard guard.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2777 Posts

Profile of lunatik
That street corner looks safe
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Mindpro,

I respect what you heard from your producer friend but somehow I am wondering if there is a chance there is miscommunication somewhere. Benji goes all the way to San Diego, gets a huge gig and gets asked to be on TV there.

Suddenly a L.A. TV producer gets a video of Benji and ends up laughing at him? Just curious if somehow there is more to this.

Respectively submitted,

Decomposed
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 20:16, lunatik wrote:
That street corner looks safe

First, that sounds like a slam to Devious. Saying that corner is safe from Benji taking it as it doesn't seem like much.

Second, that is the Keating Hotel. A far more exclusive hotel than Benji peformed at in Colorado Springs. Rooms start at $275/night and go up to $850/night. AGAIN, far more exclusive than your hero's hotel.

Defend your guy all you want. But shy away from just outright slamming people here, especially Devious.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Brittany, a satisfied participant.

Ivanna and Dayanara love magic and The Keating.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2777 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Benji has performed at The Broadmoor Hotel, definitely more expensive/high class than most out there, I believe it's a 5 star hotel.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have done hundreds of shows at 5 star hotels and have reviews from them. So what?

Oh and I didn't crash them either.

What about that performance video of you lunatic?

I guess only the hotels your hero your hero guru work for are of any value huh?

Tough when all you do is slam and attack people isn't it?

I have to say this is one thing about ol Benji I actually like. I am going to assume the better of him here and think he is not directing you to say these outrageous things. I am going to believe for whatever reason that he is staying out of the fray and not attacking people. Good for him. I actually respect that as I have no evidence that the contrary is true.

He may have a lot of growing up to do, but at least he is not flaming people who are already successful. Good for him.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 22:22, Devious wrote:
Good for you Benji! Congratulations.

@Benji, You could use a better publicist.

@Kevin,
Thanks Brother. Good to see you again man.
Please give my best to your lovely wife sir.
Be safe on the road, You both Rock! Smile

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Lets all take a step back and take a deep breath. Animosity will get us nowhere. We all have different opinions and hearing voices from coast to coast.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
A wise man changes his mind as his priorities fluctuate, a fool never does.
Here's to your continued success gang!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-03-04 23:55, Decomposed wrote:
Lets all take a step back and take a deep breath. Animosity will get us nowhere. We all have different opinions and hearing voices from coast to coast.

Where is the anmimosity comming from exactly? lunatic is the one who is bashing everyone here isn't he? Maybe talk to him about it as he is the one always attacking people who disagree with your hero.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Performing on Fox tomorrow in San Diego (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL