The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gazzo LIVE: Sunday Feb 26th @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
OK, a legend is lecturing and we can see it live ( and re-watch it whenever you like ).

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2645

Clarke
baal
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of baal
Cant wait, I will watch it for sure!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
From our friends at Penguin:

"You'll learn hardcore, professional caliber magic techniques and from a guy who has been working the streets full-time for the last 30 years. If a trick doesn't WOW crowds, or can't be done under fire, Gazzo simply doesn't do it. And if you already own his Street Cups DVD, don't worry, no cups and balls will be covered. This is almost entirely unpublished stuff".
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
410 Posts

Profile of boinko
This lecture series of Penguin's has been *fantastic*.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2135 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Anyone know some contents besides his exquisite cups and balls?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 12:40, MagicBrent wrote:
Anyone know some contents besides his exquisite cups and balls?

"no cups and balls will be covered".
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Acar
Just a heads up, this live event is TONIGHT at 7pm Eastern.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2645
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
How was the lecture?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Acar
It was fantastic. I've seen Gazzo perform for real audiences at least 50 times, and this was the actual stuff he uses (minus his cups & balls and tossed out deck which are already published).

Along the way, he revealed some great tips for doing street work, how he chooses which tricks to perform and why they work. Gazzo is surprisingly quiet when he's not in character, (carries a big stick Smile) so you do need to listen when he speaks. But he dropped more than enough nuggets between the tricks to get someone started in street performance (or if they're new to magic, at least on the right path).

Of all the lectures we've done, this one actually had the most mixed reviews, I think because a) some folks were expecting more on the lifestyle and business of busking (since this is a niche group, it will soon be a separate lecture) and possibly b) some folks don't realize that real street performers spend their entire lives perfecting the same 3-4 tricks. So when Gazzo is reiterating how important the fundamentals are (double lift, palm, top change) they may still feel like he's holding out some arcane secrets (which he's obviously not).

The highlight may have been his yet-unreleased signature egg bag routine, which we filmed for DVD release later this year.

I'm looking forward to his return.
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
Thanks for the run down on it. I appreciate it. Gonna have to check it out. The Osterlind one was Incredible... and I own all the material he talked about. These are such a great value.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It was FANTASTIC!

I have other dvds with Gazzo. I was shocked at how quiet and reserved he was when not in character. But he was passionate about his feelings on magic. The classics ( cups and balls, egg bag, Triumph, etc. ) is what he hammered home for those that want to become a good magician.

And his egg bag was full blown incredible.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2135 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Online I can't find the Tong egg bag...just the ones from Fabric Manipulation
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-02-27 23:22, MagicBrent wrote:
Online I can't find the Tong egg bag...just the ones from Fabric Manipulation

Dan's site

http://www.magicbypauline.com/eggbag.html
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
Good to hear it was well recieved. I hope these live lectures keep coming
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gazzo LIVE: Sunday Feb 26th @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL