The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » December 1944 Popular Science Artcicle - Who Was The Magician? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BarryTX
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of BarryTX
Apologies if this isn't the right forum for the question, but I don't think it fits another one better.

In the December, 1944 issue of Popular Science there is an article titled, You, Too, Can Be a "Mindreader". The article details several bits of psychic / mental magic. The author uses the pseudonym of Michel Nostradamus to hide his identity. In a note at bottom the editors write:

"The author of this article, a world-famous magician, cloaks himself in mystery much as the "prophet" from whom he took his stage name. He is known to us as a noted authority among the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't men, and one whose "mental miracles" perplexed and puzzled us until we read this article."

Does anyone know who the author magician actually was?

Thanks,

Barry
Joe McIntyre
View Profile
New user
New jersey
62 Posts

Profile of Joe McIntyre
I am thinking CHRISTOPHER.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
You can probably find out the answer to that by looking at the 1945 Jan or Feb issue of Genii. They were very good about reporting stuff that related to magicians in the national news and magazines. Next time I open the AskAlexander web site I'll look for those issues and report back if I find it.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
You can read the article in its entirety at this address:

http://www.popsci.com/archive-viewer?id=......ber+1944
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » December 1944 Popular Science Artcicle - Who Was The Magician? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL