The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Has any Tenyo trick fooled you badly? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Many many years ago, I purchased Time Capsule. I had no idea how it worked but had seen a demo of it before and proceeded to try it out without reading the instructions. So I sat at my table and stuffed a small hanky into the clear tube and rolled it up in a sheet of paper. From memory of the demo, I turned the paper tube towards me and twisted the opposite end closed. I turned it 180 degrees and twisted the other end closed and then laid it on the table. When I opened the paper package I was utterly shocked to find that the silk hanky had REALLY vanished from the plastic tube. Remember I had no idea how it worked. I thought to myself this was real magic. I stood up in shock and heard something hit the floor. I looked down and it was the inner tube with the hanky inside. Ohhhhh I thought! See, I did not realise that when I twisted the first end of the paper tube closed, the inner tube slid out over the table edge, onto my lap - all without me knowing. I had completely fooled myself. Was so funny! Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I remember seing performed Sutekina many years ago - and I had no clue at all!
Pure magic!

Nice idea for a thread, btw...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Crystal Clever

I had ideas of how it worked but when I saw the gimmick, I was pretty blown away.

The same would go for your Prison Box! That's a mind blower too.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
4D Surprise. I watched the video over and over with my wife and we could not figure it out.
anthony-in-japan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of anthony-in-japan
Yes Angelo: Yours.

To be honest I could work out many of the Tenyo tricks, but I just couldn't get Prison box. I bought it and took it straight to the coffee shop next to the shop where I bought it, found a quiet corner and opened it up. The locking mechanism especially is very clever.

If I may be so bold, the only drawback is that the plastic at the top lifts up easily, but I totally understand that it is impossible to fix without making the device in metal or something.........hmm stainless steel prison box!!!

Double block Mystery (English name possibly Confounding Cubes??) also was a mystery until I bought it.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Even after watching performances (often by Magic Patagonia) again and again I never knew 100 % how these worked:
- Ultra Tube
- Mystery China Box
- Crystal Cleaver
- Prison Box
- Ninja Experiment (because of Magic Patagonia's 'misleading' video Smile )
- Billscape
- Mirage (I still don't know how the mechanics work to be honest)
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
For me and for sure Mirage is one of the best micro-mechanism of all the line. It look impossible in a small space like this case. what is impressive is that it is perfectly smooth.
Mystery China box NEVER fool me it's crazy. The solution seemed so logical.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Dragon Altar fooled be when I first saw it. The sublety of having the ball penetrate through the coin into the box threw me. It is still one of my favorites and one of the few Tenyo tricks where the "noise" adds to the illusion.

John
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I still have trouble with the handling and mechanics of getting Dragon Altar to work every time.
I know it's just a matter of finding the right angle. Maybe I'll go watch one of the videos.
Kind of frustrating.
Do love the effect though (when it works)
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
It is a bit of a knack thing, but works pretty consistently for me. It is one of those things that is fun to play with. Inert has some nice thoughts on how to present this in his review of it on Stereo's site.

John
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Crystal Cleaver and Prison Box both made my brain hurt...literally. I remember seeing those and lying awake in bed trying to figure them out.
Somehow, my wife couldn't sympathize with my lack of sleep.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Nice to see my trick is in the list Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Many Tenyo tricks has fooled me first time and that's fun.
I love Tenyo.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quite a few of them.but prison box
really fooled me badly.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Out of all of them, Diabolicus has fooled me by far the most! It was performed countless times in front of me and I had no idea how he knew what symbol I was choosing. Once I finally learned the secret, I thought it was extremely clever. I never bought the trick, but now I realize that I should have. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to come up that often on Ebay.

John
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 22:46, meridianfan wrote:
Out of all of them, Diabolicus has fooled me by far the most! It was performed countless times in front of me and I had no idea how he knew what symbol I was choosing. Once I finally learned the secret, I thought it was extremely clever. I never bought the trick, but now I realize that I should have. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to come up that often on Ebay.

John

See that's interesting to me, I have a pretty decent patter for Diabolicus and my Wife figured it out in 10 minutes.

Little kids (my favorite audience Smile love it though. Little kids are the best because they believe in magic!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
At one time I had about five duplicate copies of "Mirage," so I pried one open to see how it worked inside. Very clever mechanism. I think that even though it's a big weird hunk of plastic, it fools magicians.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
You have break and open the props for mirage ? if yes can you explain in pv how it work ? I never understand and I'm pretty curious. I have only one so I can open it Xd
maratekin
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of maratekin
Richard, do you have any of the cards left used in the penetration? I have a Mirage, but do not have the cards nor the instructions.

Thanks -

Mark
mikedobias
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of mikedobias
I've seen/owned many of them, and I'm not afraid to say that I've been fooled MANY times. Very creative, I think that's why we're all here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Has any Tenyo trick fooled you badly? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL