The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Who is this juggler ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
India & France
1051 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Hi friends,

Can you help identify this fellow juggler ?
http://bit.ly/AaHOiD

Thank you,
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Blumen zu gießen means something like water your flowers properly, so can we assume he his German?
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
India & France
1051 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Thanks spartacus !
In fact this artist is Hans Moretti...great german juggler !
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
WHAT?!?!?!?

Not THE Hans Moretti? Of escapology and general crazy stunts with cross bows fame?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
India & France
1051 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Yes, the very same Hans Moretti !
The photo is an excerpt from a book in German on his magical (and juggling) career...
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I wish I lived close to a juggling supply store but maybe you can answer a question. Are there any contact balls that are hollow, or I can make a small hole into about the size of a finger end? Or of a material that I can insert small round magnet? I'm thinking of a naked zombie routine with a contact ball. Considering not ruining the ball.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
India & France
1051 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
What makes the illusion work with the acrylic contact ball is it being plain, thus giving an optical illusion while isolating it.
I guess you could find a clear hollow plastic ball (though I've no idea if it exists), but you would lost the beauty of the illusion.
Also, digging a hole into an acrylic wouldn't work that great, first because of its weight, you would suffer too much on your finger, the other reason is that because of the refraction quality of the material, I think the finger (or any object/material introduced) may be visible...
Me too, wanted to work on a naked zombie ball after watching Raymond Crowe's dvd, but I've let the idea aside since then...
Good luck in your quest !
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I had no idea he was once a juggler. A true living legend, and the showman of showmen.

I plan on getting the book, despite it being in German and me not speaking German. Thanks for sharing this image. It's an education that's for sure.

Is there any footage of his juggling act available anywhere? I would love to see it.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
India & France
1051 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
@Roslyn : I just talked to Nicole Moretti, Hans' daughter ; you can contact her directly on facebook as she sell her father's book...
Don't know if there's any footage, maybe she knows ?
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Awesome. Thanks so much Smile
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
With the naked zombie ball idea, you can get a clear suction cup that if it is the right size the ball will cling nicely to it. If you watch the angles the suction cup can't be seen due to the optical nature of the solid acrylic balls. I've been fiddling with this idea in a standard contact juggling routine, the nub of the suction cup makes for a place you can grab and do impossible isolation effects with one hand. The only trouble is smoothly removing the suction cup smoothly when you want to ditch it.

For a zombie effect though, you're really going to need strong fingers because even with a 2 1/2" ball there's going to be some strain after a minute or two.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Who is this juggler ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL