The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Stebbins advanced? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Chaps, I seem to remember coming across an improved/advanced stebbins system some time ago in my copious notes, but I cant find it. Anybody point me in the right direction as to where such an animal might be found? As I remember it sorted what I feel is the problem with the original in that it didn't look 'ordered' like the original stebbins. Please lets not degenerate into discussing whether or not stebbins looks ordered and how to deal with that aspect, as my mind is made up! Hoping that somebody might jog my memory for me. Best, Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I think what you're looking for is "Si Stebbins Pro Compendium" by Dr. Hans-Christian Solka.

This alters the Red-Black arrangement plus, it adds the ability to calculate the card at a number or the position of a given card.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
This could also be a reference to the DAO Stack, in my Tricyclic book, which is no more difficult than the Stebbins method, yet sufficiently random in appearance that Eugene Burger was not able to spot any order when given ten minutes to examine the deck.

The comments by reviewers might help determine if this is the one you are thinking of.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Thanks chaps. Am not certain about either of these as I cannot find either of the books mentioned amongst my stuff (although some stuff was left in my loft in the UK when I emigrated, ready for perusal upon my return!). Where could I find copies of these documents? Presumably these stacks have the same stebbins property if, when the deck is cut, vis a vis the bottom card?

Cheers,

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Thanks chaps. Am not certain about either of these as I cannot find either of the books mentioned amongst my stuff (although some stuff was left in my loft in the UK when I emigrated, ready for perusal upon my return!). Where could I find copies of these documents? Presumably these stacks have the same stebbins property if, when the deck is cut, vis a vis the bottom card?

Cheers,

Martyn
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On 2012-02-27 13:19, captainsmiffy wrote:

Cheers,

Martyn

Dear Martyn,

please send me your e-mail adress and you will get (for free) a copy of my ebook "Si Stebbins Pro".

best regards
Hans-Christian Solka
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
And this is a good book!! And Hans-Christian is very generous as usual Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Hans, wow! That is an amazingly kind offer to make. Thankyou very much. I will pm you my email address. I can offer you, in return, a copy of my 'Up The Ante' but I imagine that it will be 'small fry' compared with your book, particularly if it comes with Jans recommendation! Thanks again, Best regards, Martyn
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Hans, many thanks for your generous act; have received it and am studying it. UTA will be en-route to you shortly!
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Where is your E-book si stebbins pro available at
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
The book is available at Lybrary.com: http://www.lybrary.com/si-stebbins-pro-p-4180.html
Hans-Christian Solka
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Stebbins advanced? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL