The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Trading card magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
I'm looking for some effects that utilize trading cards...baseball, football, it doesn't matter.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I have done a version of OOTW with Magic the Gathering cards at a comic book convention that went over very well. I suppose you could do the same thing with baseball cards where the cards sort into AL/NL etc.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
You can make up a Svengali deck. You can do predictions/mentalism effect. T+R baseball card. Need more ideas?
Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If you need the cards to handle a little more like playing cards, applying some Cashmere Bouquet soap to the cards will give them a little more slip.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
These are great suggestions. The Svengali deck would be hard because I don't have access to a bunch of the same cards. Everything I have are all different. OOTW sounds intriguing. Possibly something with mentalism. I was looking at a trck by Sankey called Linguering Illusion form Spectacle.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
I have a great idea I will share with you. I have been one of the magicians with the Orlando Magic NBA team for 5 years now and I have what I think is a killer piece that you could make and relates to a sports theme. PM me and I'll go over it with you.
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
You can do J B Bobo's "Higher Mentality" with the trading cards. Let me know if you need the reference.
patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Trading card magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL