The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ivory (resin actually) cups and balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bapu
View Profile
Regular user
with a paltry
161 Posts

Profile of Bapu
OMG...just discovered the various cups and the Hand Crafted Sterling Silver Billiard Balls on Burger's site:

http://www.houseofmagic.com/page2/page5/......e26.html

My wife would just kill me!

Sorry that I've digressed from the topic of this thread...just had to share.
Bapu practices law and conjuring in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
oldmagic009
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of oldmagic009
Quote:
On 2012-02-29 12:13, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
Then it would be wise to do the R&D first and look into others work first, Tim Star Mark Burger Et al.

Both sites are great ... can you all suggest other favorites ... I've been out of the loop for years and am anxious for your feedback ... I'll of course do my googling but often times a great site is way down the list. Also if any of you have wanted something unique but having it made was cost prohibitive, please let me know since I'm anxious to see what I can produce with my new "toys".
Bob Campbell
Magic epitomizes the notion that "everything old is new again"
oldmagic009
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of oldmagic009
Years ago I purchased a chop cup variation gimmick that allowed you to use a regular ungaffed paper dixie cup ... the normal "secret" was worn on your finger or was worm disguised in a ring you wore ... it was very cleaver but crudely made ... how about a variation of that in my "new" cups and balls.

Bob C.
Bapu
View Profile
Regular user
with a paltry
161 Posts

Profile of Bapu
Should work fine if the bottoms (tops?) of the cups are not too thick.

Do a Google search for the phrase "pk rings".

Also do an advanced Google search for the same phrase for the domain "themagiccafe.com" to bring up many threads on that topic.

:)
Bapu practices law and conjuring in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
oldmagic009
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of oldmagic009
Quote:
On 2012-03-01 09:51, Bapu wrote:
Should work fine if the bottoms (tops?) of the cups are not too thick.

Do a Google search for the phrase "pk rings".

Also do an advanced Google search for the same phrase for the domain "themagiccafe.com" to bring up many threads on that topic.

:)

Thanks for the heads up on this ... as previously mentioned I'm returning to magic after a 40 year layoff and now realize I have so much catching up to do ... thanks to everyone's feedback both on the open forum, as well as your many private messages. I've been introduced to a number of C&B's collectors and makers ... I'm afraid to say that I've most likely added another collecting obsession to my list (my wife will be so happy). I'm already a serious collector of and write about toy sewing machines (got about 300 of them) ... so what's wrong with just another bookcase of goodies ... thanks to all for your feedback.
Bob Campbell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ivory (resin actually) cups and balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL