The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Evolution (Chop Cup) by Kuniharu Kubo (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Rmendez, hope your review comes out today??
espresto
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of espresto
Looking forward to a review as well. I am serioulsy considering this purchase.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Any reviews yet??
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Im sure there was one for sale down below already, which doesn't bode well.

Although it doesn't seem to be there now.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just received mine today from the first store mentioned above. It's awesome.
Made by hand, by one man, so yeah, it's pricey, but worth it, in my opinion.
You may need to ask for English instructions, unless you're fluent in Japanese.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
If your audience suspects you have sticky balls, something's wrong. Seriously though, if they are suspecting that as a method then there is a problem with your routine/the way you are handling/presenting the effect.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Sold out everywhere? Must be popular but I can't find any reviews.... Anybody?
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
MJM magic still has some it looks like.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 06:05, nowyoucme wrote:
MJM magic still has some it looks like.

They did, thanks for the tip. They are about $50 more than the other dealers though... :/
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
On 2012-02-29 13:23, spartacus wrote:
James Riser offers special dice for the chop cups, and nice cups

http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html

Sorry for spamming the thread.

James seems to be working on some big project that will take up all of his time. No new orders taken. Does anybody know if there are any manufacturer where you can by dice for the Evolution Chop Cup? Seems like some dice included with the chop cup has multicolored pips and that doesn't seem very nice (haven't seen them though). I would prefer dice that look as regular as possible... Who wouldn't by the way? Smile
www.jensmagi.se
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 06:54, Lundonia wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-29 13:23, spartacus wrote:
James Riser offers special dice for the chop cups, and nice cups

http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html

Sorry for spamming the thread.

James seems to be working on some big project that will take up all of his time. No new orders taken. Does anybody know if there are any manufacturer where you can by dice for the Evolution Chop Cup? Seems like some dice included with the chop cup has multicolored pips and that doesn't seem very nice (haven't seen them though). I would prefer dice that look as regular as possible... Who wouldn't by the way? Smile

I requested the b&w dice when I placed my order, but you don't really get a choice, unfortunately, and I received the multi-color.

Have you emailed James about his dice? Though he is not taking orders, he may have some made up that he could sell you, but you'll need to ask him, at least...
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
I looked a bit more carefully at his site now and found the dice (just scroll down). However, it was shipping within the U.S only, I'm in Europe. Oh well, I'll just keep looking Smile
www.jensmagi.se
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1319 Posts

Profile of rmendez
This arrived to me in yesterday's post. The prop is well made, cute and very clever. It really does allow you to show the inside of the cup before and after the appearance of a dice or ball and is everything the ad description claims it to be. I fooled my girlfriend minutes after opening the box and can now understand why the performance in the video was so deceptive. This would definitely fool a room full of magicians not in the know and lay people alike if that is your M.O. I; however, purchased this more out of curiosity and evaluationary purposes than for actual use. As an avid collector of the classic chop cup which I feel requires absolutely no improvements whatsoever, I don't see myself abandoning old faithful for this but it sure was fun to play with a little before listing it in the buy/sell arena for someone else to enjoy. I'd rather have a Wellington chop cup in brass as if I needed, yet, another chop cup to add to my massive collection Smile http://www.themagicmuseum.com/cabinet.html
Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
105 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
Wow, quite an impressive collection, Richard. Nicely done. As for Evolution, yours is the second I've seen for sale this week. Not a stellar track record for a newly-released effect, although it sounds like you were impressed...
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1319 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Thank you sir. To reiterate, this is not a bad product in the least and I don't want my selling it to reflect poorly on it. It truly does everything that the ad description says as illustrated in the performance video. Personally, I wasn't disappointed in the least and found it very novel. I would probably keep it if I weren't such a traditionalist and going through a downsizing phase in an attempt to minimize my collection to only props that I will actually use. I actually thought about holding on to this long enough to fool the crap out of my local IBM ring Smile I know them and they would all kill to know the secret. I'd just rather spend the money on a Wellington chop cup in brass Smile
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2530 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I have a cup similar to this I believe that I created and had made for myself about 35 years ago. Never manufactured as the quality was not the same as the custom made cup. I also have another cup which I use more today that is even better. Made it about the same time. You can use a dice, ball, coins, etc. The cost for evolution is probably dead on if it is handmade although it is easier to make today than then.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I love this cup, just got it...it's totally worth the price, IMO ...I just bought new dice for it, as the ones I got with it are multicolor, and I wanted something more traditional.
I'm trying to come up with a way to final load a pile of mini dice...I've got a book that explains one way, but not sure if I like the method.
Anyway, anyone who likes chop cups will not be disappointed if they bought this, I think.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Where did you get the new dice dooblehorn?
www.jensmagi.se
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
See the link above, in Spartacus post
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Richard, as a chop cup aficionado, you're probably familiar with a very similar item - Axel Hechlau's Just a cup. How would you say they compare? Which do you think is better?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Evolution (Chop Cup) by Kuniharu Kubo (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL