We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Best Adult Comedy Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2227 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I do adult comedy magic. I was wondering what are your best comedy tricks.
For me, the Arm Chopper and Lie Detector Helmet get the most laughs.
Yes, I also do the Goshman Ding Dong and Hallelujah but it depends if I can get a suitable volunteer.
How about you guys?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I have my own routine called Correlation and it proves with out a doubt that if you can pick your nose you can pick a pair of handcuffs. I recently released it in my second manuscript.

The downfall is that it plays best for 40 years and under and the humor is mostly American observations, so In Aussie it does not fare well and gets only a chuckle in the UK but here in the US it keeps them laughing all the way through and is "very memorable."

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
PaulGinsberg
View Profile
New user
New York
12 Posts

Profile of PaulGinsberg
I once saw an hysterical Professor's Nightmare performed by Michael Finney.. I believe.. at Magic Island in California before it closed..

Also... If you do a zombie... Do it to the theme of 2001, a Space Odyssey.. and at every bass note.. have the ball hit the cloth from behind.. at crotch level...very funny......
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I believe that the Amazing Jonathan did the zombie bit on his second comedy special on comedy central.
PaulGinsberg
View Profile
New user
New York
12 Posts

Profile of PaulGinsberg
I did see that... and I had seen it at an IBM or SAM meeting in New York about ten years ago... funny is funny.. whenever....
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
Kerry Pollack's "Stan, Kate and Edith"
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Hand Cutter and what I also like is the Ring in Nest. These are my two favourites.

Markus
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4179 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Martin Lewis has a very funny and adult oriented color changing silk routine.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I like the 21st century bra.
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
I have an effect called "Sweet Dreams". It is a very funny adult presentation for The Professor's Nightmare rope effect.

There is no "bad language" in the routine...however it is definitely NOT for kid shows. This is always a feature part of my act. I have used this as my closer for my parlor act at The Magic Castle for the past two years...and it always leaves the audience in stitches.

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher

P.S. Hocus Pocus sells it!
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Cody:

Can you tell me what makes the routine "adult"? Does the routine have to do with sex? I noticed at the HP site, it's advertised as "R rated". Thanks - it looks very interesting.

Ron
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Ron,

There are no "swear words" or "nasty language" in the routine, however it is not for kids. The humor is meant for adults. Even if there were kids present, they wouldn't "get it" anyway. I personally just won't do it around children. It's just not funny for them. So to answer your question, the routine does not have to do with the act of sex.

I personally don't use any X-rated material in my act; just not my style. Some performers can get away with it. I look too wholesome I guess?

The routine is more "PG-13" than "R". I use this for every corporate or college engagement I have. It simply kills! I am not a great "comedy magician" but THE ROUTINE itself is very funny. True story, while performing this in the parlor at The Magic Castle, on one occasion I had to stop for a few minutes as one lady was laughing so hard she couldn't breath. It turned out to be a very funny situation. Now does this happen every time? No, but in the right situation, for the right audience, it gets very close.

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Stan Kate and Edith is excellent.
21st Century bra trick is very funny in the right venue.
I have found the Vanishing Bandanna an excellent adult comedy trick. Kids just don't get it the way adults do.
Huge laughs for adults. It can even get a little risqué if that's your style.
Daniel Faith
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks, Cody. It sounds terrific! I will get it right away from HP.

Ron
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2003-10-31 08:44, emyers99 wrote:
Martin Lewis has a very funny and adult oriented color changing silk routine.

Ahaha! Martin's routine is hilarious BUT it isn't as adult oriented as you may think. He has a nice balance in his humor and if ANY kids are in the audience, he will take out certain lines (most noticeable the line about having kids and not having kids.)

Chris
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
The zombie routine mentionned above is the Amazing Jonathan's and it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen Magic or Non-Magic.
Also excellent is Michael Finney's Card on Forehead.
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
I use a lot of the same tricks on adults that I use on children. Most adults are just big kids anyway. I do add fire and mental tricks because I feel those are more for adults. Smile
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
I am a big fan of Bill in Lemon, Balloon Swallowing and Cardiographic. Banana/Bandana also plays well. I'm working on a comedy linking ring routine, Three Rpes and a Baby (Sanders) and Steve Bedwell's “In Over Your Head”. Does anyone have experience with the Beam routine? I am having trouble getting the extra piece of rope to stay in my ear. (If you are not familiar with the routine, that last sentence probably made no sense whatsoever.) For those of you interested in a color changing silk routine, the one in McComb's Magic: 25 Years Wiser is fantastic.
- Dave Schwartz

P.S. Where is Martin Lewis' color changing silk routine written up?
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Doug Malloy's "Lemon Game" is a very funny routine that adults love. Martin Lewis' "Technicolor Prediction" is a very funny premise but ends up pretty shocking.

Believe it or not, the "Vanishing Banana"/"Vanishing Bandana" plays really well with adults. When I first tried it, I was really surprised with the outcome.

The rope routine I use is really funny and most any rope routine can be made funny.

Anyhow, green olives are pretty comical.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Dave,

I think the routine you are talking about by Steve Bedwell. I perform it almost nightly. Put the rope in as you are talking or opening your mouth. You will feel the difference as you put the rope in, the extension of your jaw muscle will allow the rope to be held better.

Christopher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Best Adult Comedy Tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL