The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cody Stoltz ill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Hi guys,

Cody Stoltz has been very ill the past 10 days now. If you don't know, he's the artist doing the Dark Dawn Tarot.
We expected to be done last week, and around the 17th he started having trouble with his lungs. It progressed over the next few days to where he could'nt get out of bed he was so ill.

I won't go into details but he's doing better now but still unable to even go to his day job. There is a virulent chest infection going around his area and it seems to be resistant to antibiotics.

I'm not sure what steroids do, but he has been given those along with other medications.

He is practically finished with the Dark Dawn, and would have finished over a week ago, but is not well enough to finish at this time.

We talked briefly this morning and he thinks he will finish by friday.

I'm not sure if he can post here or not, he has turned the corner on this thing, but then again he felt better on Monday and now he's down again.

He's a young guy and this thing has really hit him hard.

So I'll keep you all updated and as I said, he thinks he can get finished in a few days, but his health is foremost importance at this time.

Thanks
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Get well soon Cody
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2158 Posts

Profile of RCP
Hope you feel better soon. Had it for a couple months.....no fun.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3918 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
No pressure, Cody. Take your time and get well. Then send me my set FIRST.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Get feeling better, Bro!

Watch the Steroids,some of them make other parts shrink...what I heard ! Smile

You, know I'm kidding!

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Get well soon Cody.
[
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Cody

A wise Grampa Leonard always recommended his basement concoction of fresh honey and southern comfort. A few spoonfuls before turning in, always made my young soul feel better. Take care of yourself first, everything else will fall in place when you are ready and able.

CHRIS
MissMage
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of MissMage
Chris, that reminds me of my grandma. She was a strict southern baptist who didn't believe in drinking at all. But she kept a bottle of "medicine" (aka: Makers Mark) in the cabinet. Come to think of it, grandma was sick an awful lot!

Cody, get better and get to work <cracking the whip>... you don't need lungs to draw!!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1760 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Cody, take care of yourself. Don't push yourself prematurely or you may find yourself smacked on your back again. All things in good time...

David
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Oh Man. Cody! Do get better soon!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Get well Bro'
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Get better soon.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2278 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Yes, rest, take care and get much better soon.

THose lung infectionscan kick us pretty hard.

with best thioughts,

Kotah
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I would imagine creating an original tarot WOULD be stressful...please rest easy and heal the artist.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Cody, focus on your health first. The cards can wait, we can wait.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I talked to Cody for about 2 minutes earlier today. He was in bed. He said the doctors think he should be getting his energy back within 48 hours.

I've worked closely with him the past 4 months on these cards, many times getting calls from him at 2:00A.M. his time (midnight my time) and talking with him for an hour or so, as if its 2 in the afternoon. He's always super sharp, even for our 2:00am discussions after sending me over the latest artwork to look at.

So its been distressing to see him in the condition he's been in the past 2 weeks now. Fortunately the doctors have a handle on it now and it looks like he's on the road to recovery.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thanks for the update, Rick. Cody and I spoke last week and he said he had a cold. I had no idea it progressed into this. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Sounds like it might be some kind of pneumonia. Glad the prognosis is sounding better.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
Sorry to hear the news Cody. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Thanks all.
It's been rough lately, and I've missed a ton of work.
But everything should be getting back to "normal" soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cody Stoltz ill (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL