The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Greek Deal brief (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hey guys,

I've started playing around with the Greek deal to reasonable degree of success, I'm just wondering what an acceptable brief is for the bottom card. I realise this may well depend on the situation but generally speaking how big can it be?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Also, does the bottom card have to be buckled/moved out of the way just before each individual Greek deal or is it acceptable for it to be jogged for the duration of all the deals or is this too strong a tell?

Any tips appreciated.
cartouche7
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of cartouche7
If you watch jason england's 11 about greek deal, you will see his great technique and you will learn a lot.
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
607 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
Depends on how squared you keep the deck while dealing and if you're using a cut card or just a burned playing card as the bottom card, and whether that card has a border or not. if you're using a cut card, any little flash of white on the bottom of the deck can be noticed more readily than a burned card, and particularly a burned card with a border. So I think it makes sense to worry more abut the size of the brief with the cut card than otherwise. also, depending on your technique, briefs can be static or involve a strike. I think both have their uses, but since I think the most realistic application of the greek deal in current play is probably to beat the cut card, and you don't want to be accused of flashing the bottom card, it's probably better to work with a strike. that of course is more difficult and requires a certain amount of left hand stamina, which means it takes more work. I haven't seen Jason's Greek Deal video, but based on his other Theory11 videos that I have seen, I'm sure that cartouche's comment is correct and that's probably an excellent source. There's also some good work on the greek deal in Simon Lovell's "tool box" DVD series, although Lovell looks pretty loaded in most of those videos and it's not the best teaching. Still I picked up some pointers on it. Also, I actually think that the best reason to learn a middle deal is to compare the feel of doing that to the feel of a solid greek deal. I know my greek deal has improved by leaps and bounds since I started working seriously on the kennedy middle.
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Thanks for the responses, I've been looking at the Jason England's 1 on 1 and it is very good indeed.
My Greek Deal feels more like a a bottom deal with the bottom card buckled a bit (about a border's width) rather than a genuine Greek Deal but maybe that's good enough.
I'm not planning on taking it to the card table its more to be used in coming years for gambling demos etc but it does need to be burnable.
Really appreciate the time you've taken to respond Mr Quackenbush and will try and check out Mr Lovell's work on it.
I've only attempted the centre deal in passing and have discovered that right now it's really not for me as I'm not even close to it but I'll definitely give it some attention once I'm more comfortable with the Greek.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Greek Deal brief (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL