The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » IMA(th)INATION, Think-a-card ebook (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I have been keeping this one close for quite a long time, and it is something I am always ready to do, anytime, anywhere, with minimal props, and plays really well.

For those of you that picked up my Mental Communicator ebook, this has the same basic premise, but I take a different spin on things this time around.

Effect: You have a spectator think of any two digit number. Once the spectator has done this, you ask him to form an image of a playing card as well as the suit. With no questions asked, you divine the thought of card.
You move on with other effects in your set, and just before you retire for the evening, as an afterthought, you ask the spectator to imagine their number, and you divine their thought of number.
The ebook will have many different variations on the thought of card, and different techniques on achieving the above.
There are some propless methods, as well as some that will require you to have a pen and business card.

I have performed this almost every other day, and it doesn't fail to get amazing reactions, since you don't really need a deck of cards to do this.

Taking different techniques and methods and weaving them together resulted in this effect.

Please PM me for more info, the ebook will be available next week.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Interesting...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

As I posted on another thread, there will be a bonus included as well, this is something that you will want to use.
I give many variations and methods, since everyone is different and people can pick and choose the method they want to use.

I have decided to include another bonus as well, along with an ebook, one bonus, combines Powerball 60 and Kioku, while the other bonus is geared more towards a stage setting, though you could use it close-up, it has to do with the Dunninger ploy.

I wanted to write an ebook dealing with think a card, with some nice added twists as well. I hope you all enjoy it!

The ebook will be inexpensive, and will be affordable to everyone.

I think just the idea on the Dunninger ploy is worth the price of the ebook in my opinion.

It will be available very very soon.

Thanks for your interest.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
IMA(th)INATION, Think-a-Card ebook is now available!

Please visit

http://www.mindshocks.com

There is the main effect included with two methods, as well as two bonuses included with the ebook, one for closeup, the other for stage!

Enjoy!

Thanks again

Alex
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3041 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I received the pdf and as always, Alex impressed me with his way of thinking.
I really liked the twist on this concept creating a routine nice "layered" , I can see that works great for any kind of performances.
Very well done Alex also this time!
Good luck with that!
Luca
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2068 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I agree wholeheartedly with Luca. I'm a fan of Alex's work. He really knows how to layer a routine. And layered this is-

Normally, I'm not a fan of mentalism that's overly procedural. Yet it is precisely the procedural aspect that makes this work so brilliant and devious. Alex has integrated so many varied principles, techniques and methods that continue to build upon each other (with a great story arc, by the way) into a stunning finale. Really, really strong. In addition, Alex has provided alternative methods and presentations, all of which have tremendous value. Highly recommended.
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Once again Alex's work explores what happens when you take one piece of information that exists in the participant's mind, and turn this into other thoughts in the participant's mind and yet you are able to reveal what the participant is thinking.

In this case Alex is focused on numbers but includes other ideas in the book as well.

I can see how his layering of methods would be quite fooling and I do like the first version in the book best, as it works perfectly with Alex's presentational theme. Alex's extension of the method in this case leaves room for a more interesting presentation than just using the original method alone. This version does require that you have the commercially available gimmicks in your arsenal but Alex teaches several variations that cover different methods in case you don't have these gimmicks.

I truly enjoy Alex's enthusiasm for the art of impromptu mentalism and I look forward to see what he discovers next. Keep up the good work Alex!
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1111 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
IMA(th)INATION
A treatise on the THINK-A-CARD plot

I absolutely love this ebook, it's right up my street.

I have seen powerball 60 performed before and thought, Yeh, It's nice, but never had any desire to perform it until now.

After reading "Imathination", I have never wanted to go out and buy a marketed effect so badly. "even though you don't need it"

Alex has put together a very well constructed effect that allows you to ask someone to think of a number and think of any card,
and you can tell them what they are thinking of.

The presentation is great, something that sits well with me.
My favorite version is the first version but can see how many others will like the other methods in this ebook.

Alex also gives you information about other commercially available gimmicks that you can use in combination with his effect.
But I think the first version is fantastic and therefor I would go with that one.

Everything is well thought out and you can tell this is something Alex has been working on for a while.

The bonus at the end is fantastic too, combining two effects to create something that allows you to cold read with a higher hit rate.

This ebook is 13 pages long and written clearly so you will understand on your first read.

Credits and inspiration are given throughout.

It seams to me that Alex loves to layer his methods to make them even more deceptive than they are already.
He has done another great job with this one.

This ebook is a winner for me. Congratulations Alex.

Kindest Regards
Myke Phillips
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Luca, Gabe, Ran, and Myke, I am sure the routines in this book will find a place in your repertoire as they have in mine for quite some time.

I had a few people ask me where one could purchase this:

You can purchase this at

http://www.mindshocks.com

It is called Ima(th)ination.

It is very inexpensive, and affordable for everyone.

Keep the reviews coming...

Thanks again for the support

Alex
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Quick question: Based on the description of the effect, "no questions are asked". Is this technically accurate?

Regards,
Mike

Effect: You have a spectator think of any two digit number. Once the spectator has done this, you ask him to form an image of a playing card as well as the suit. With no questions asked, you divine the thought of card.
You move on with other effects in your set, and just before you retire for the evening, as an afterthought, you ask the spectator to imagine their number, and you divine their thought of number.
The ebook will have many different variations on the thought of card, and different techniques on achieving the above.
There are some propless methods, as well as some that will require you to have a pen and business card.
Brain
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brain
This sounds like its one of those

think of a number multiply by 10 add 5 subtract 2 divide by 0 add 7. type of effects

can we see a video I am a little skeptical
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Insight,

Yes it is technically accurate, since there are different versions taught. 2 versions to be precise, and both require no fishing whatsoever.
Or one could resort to Fishing, but I never really liked that, so the versions taught here require no fishing, or asking questions, and yet you still know the card.

Brain:
The only math involved if any, and that is if the spectator chooses to do so, since you give them 3 options to choose from, 2 options require no calculations or math, and one option does, and it is only adding two numbers together, that's it......

In my experience, 50% of the time, people have added, and makes the effect a bit more deceptive, IMHO
The other 50% they chose one of the other two options, and the effect still plays out really strong, since you are always one step ahead of them to begin with.

Thanks for your questions, anything else let me know

Alex
Brain
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brain
Ok that sound pretty good I know it just came out but I would still like to see a vid on this
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Brain,

If you would like to see a video, I have Skype, and can demonstrate it via webcam.

Whats your username I will add you?

mine is alejandrohinojosacantu

it is intended to be done closeup, but I think I can do it via web camera.

Alex
Brain
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brain
Cannot do skype sorry but could the effect be done in like in a pm or over the telephone something like that?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
No it cannot, I need you to be in front of me on a camera or in person, just like you would, if you were performing this for someone or a group of people close up.......sorry

also in the book I give another method, a bonus idea, on how to do it on stage as well.

if you have any other questions let me know

Alex
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
I FINALLY GOT THIS!!
this isn't a ¨trick¨ this is a whole routine where alex take you throught various steps and moments of amazement to get a final BANG!.
is really cool!!
Alex has a knack for writing things really well so it is fully explained and really entertaining to read the whole thing.

I am taking my powerball out of the drawers I havent use powerball since I bought it cause I was like.. so what?..
but with this plot I think i´ll have fun with my spectators
this ebook does live up to the fame of it.. Well Done Alex Hinojosa
and congratulations!.. this is really devious and creative!..
Brain
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brain
That's fine alex but do I need to have powerball to preform this or is that just a version
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Brain,

That is just one version, I give another version as well, without the use of PowerBall.

Version 2

Thanks

Alex
Brain
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brain
Well I'm sold on this I will get this Tuesday!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » IMA(th)INATION, Think-a-card ebook (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL