The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » IMA(th)INATION, Think-a-card ebook (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Imathination by the mighty BMWGUY….

I was sent this a few days ago and have finally found time in my crazy life to sit and soak up this new piece of madness from a great mental mind.

This is clever and as mentioned above the way this is layered makes the whole experience 100x more powerful, the use of another effect to flow into something completely different is genius.

The eBook is very well thought out covering every aspect of the effect with alternate ideas and presentations which is always a bonus as not every method suits every performer so to have other ideas is great.

Once again Alex, great thinking sir, appreciate you sending this over.

GETS A THUMBS UP FROM ME!

All the best

R
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Way to go Alex!!!!!!! It looks really great on my first read through...

Can't wait to see you again, and jam with this one!

Jimmy Fingers
Alex's big fan!!!
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Soungs great!,
how does it compare to something like ben Harris silent running?,

cheers
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey Dylan,
I have PMed you.

I am pretty sure you will like the methods employed here.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or I can help you in any way.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Decided to pick this up, ive read some of bmw guys earlier stuff and was impressed.
the ebook is great for some off the cuff mentalism!, using props a lot of people already own!
personally I don't like the powerball presentation (this is simply because we don't have scratch cards that look like that in england)
HOWEVER the rest of the book justifies the purchase for me as the other two mehtods and bonus handling of kiouku are great and fit my prefrence for material!
a great little ebook that will get your brain working on how you could use this in your act!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Lovely bit of work Smile

Absolute pleasure to chat to Alex what a real gent! This stuff has been tried and tested and the possibilities with this principle are only limited by your own imagination!

Pete

"Keep on rocking in the free world!"
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I am very happy to be hosting "IMA(th)INATION" on my site.

Regards
Myke Phillips
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Myke.

that's right, this ebook is available from the following places

http://www.mindshocks.com

or

http://mykephillips.co.uk/

Thanks for the support everyone.

If anyone wants to Skype anytime, my username is alejandrohinojosacantu

I have some future releases in the pipeline, so stay tuned!

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This routine has a few things going for it that makes it a very strong effect. I found it very interesting how the chosen card is arrived at.

I will be honest and say that I never liked Powerball 60. It just wasn’t my cup of tea. But in this routine it is used in a procedure that I didn’t think of. This is nice thinking!

I also liked the different variations that can be used. I found one idea to be really neat and that was acting as if you just had an idea, like an after-thought, and turning to the spectator and telling them that last bit of information. If done correctly it will blow people away. That was nice and I have already thought of how I will do that part of the routine.

Money well spent and it gave me ideas to work with.

Ray
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
I just finished Reading IMA(th)INATION by Alex, and I find the routine to be quite intriguing. Although this particular routine isn't something I can see myself performing personally, I definitely see the power in this method and presentation that makes this a real worker for real audiences.

This routine is practicle, easy to follow, and presents a fantastic demonstration of mind reading. I really enjoy the various layers that make this deceptive and more importantly interactive. I highly recomend this for poeple looking for a sure fire method of revealing a thought of card with minimal props and a strong effect. Thanks Alex!
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Brain
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brain
I just purchased and read this.This method works better with Powerball 60.However I am pretty sure I know the principle behind PB60 but it PB 60 is masked as lottery tickets.The work with the numbers is great because it adds amazement because the card is only in there heads and not written on a peace of paper plus it reminded me of Derren's Invisible deal for choosing a suit. ,but the Alex's take on the Dunninger ploy was just great that would absolutely kill the audience.Using Powerball 60 or Bill Dekel's Digit would be great with this principle.Great book
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
This is a slick example of what to do when you have a single piece of information. If you have or want to use PB60, this effect gives it a grand finish it never had before....this effect is much more than PB's revealing a number. If you go the other explained methods, you have a grand method of getting into their heads and feeding the info back to them... Guaranteed to drop their jaws.

I love the sneaky and invisible way Alejandro manipulates the spectator. This type of thing will be a wonderful concept for owners to explore further. For closeup and standup. If this one sounds good to you, if you think it might be right for your style, it will be. It does what they say it do!

I think the only performing requirements or limitations might be that you should be fairly sober. That's about it. Easy and strong!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I had the pleasure to read Alex‘ „Ima(th)ination“. It is his approach to realize a think of a card plot.

It uses a popular and marketed trick to arrive at a mentally chosen card. The structure of his routine is quite clever as it will make forget most people the way to arrive at a card. Alex offers nice hints and ideas concerning management and presentation. It shows clearly that he puts a lot of thoughts in his work. And if you want so you even could use his entire script.

Alex offers several variations for his procedure, full credit is always given where necessary. Additional you get two Bonus ideas for “Kioku”, “Powerball 60” and Dunninger’s “Think–A-Card”.

Without diminishing his work which I recommend in all honesty I’ve to state that I wouldn’t see me perform this plot using his method. For my taste it isn’t direct enough. But it offers a fine and quite easy solution for people trying to present something in this direction for the first time. More direct methods (like my “Jan’s Eyes”, a streamlined version of Simon Aronson’s “Simon-Eyes”) are often a bit intimidating. And for the prize Alex is asking you can’t go wrong as it might put you on a new journey anyway. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott Magic
Congrats Alex on a great marriage of presentation and method!
Nice to see Powerball 60 in a fully realized routine and script. Definitely recommended for those looking for a complete routine or those looking for a jumping off point to create their own.

Cheers
Bill
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Alex sent me a copy of what shows his true enthusiasm for either Powerball (which he proved to have already long ago) and his Mental Communicator idea.
The basic premise is one I think people either love or hate - but if you do love it, Ima(th)ination really takes it a step higher in combining it with playing cards and some time tested subtleties.

No doubt this is mental magic with the main emphasis on magic (I guess that's what Jan was refering to: pure mindreading probably would look differently), but given the right presentation I have no reason to doubt this will play really nice!

Interesting read, thanks for sharing, Alex!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Felix, appreciate it.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
The more I perform this routine, the more powerful I realize this is. Knocking people out with this one. So many methods at play here, so well and seamlessly intertwined. Can't recommend it highly enough!
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Interesting I like the effect
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks guys.

Remember if anyone wants to Skype:

alejandro hinojosa cantu

any of the owners of this or if you just want to chat.

thanks

alex
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Wow!
I did skyped with Alex last night and I am really impressed with the way he takes simple ideas and changing them to some amazing effects.
Alex is a very creative, very clever and one of the good guys.
Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » IMA(th)INATION, Think-a-card ebook (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL