The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Bose L1, etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Does anyone use a Bose L1 II with wireless mic setup for PA-less venues? If so, how satisfied have you been with the system/setup (particularly for the 100+ person crowds)?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If you are referring to the high end ultra thin tower I have several friends who swear by them. I'm not sure about the smaller versio...same height with fewer speakers I think.. And the subwoofer is a must have.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Yes, the L1 II (and the earlier L1 I) use a line array tower.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I have used one on a few occasions. Absolutely wonderful. Easy to set up, great range, good amplication, clear sound.
ELima
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
167 Posts

Profile of ELima
Some would argue you pay extra for the brand, but I can say I am very satisfied with the performance. Easy to carry and to set up, and you can adjust to the size of the room.
It looks classy too, that counts imo.

Endre
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
It's very easy to set up and has nice dispersion. Perfect for talking ONLY. If you want to have high quality music, you can get better for cheaper, but it may not look as good. Always remember what musicians say about the brand:

No highs? No lows?
It must be Bose!
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I owned 2 of these a while back and they are absolutely terrific!

Yes, you do pay for the name, although I would suggest you are paying more so for the R&D and overall quality, which, in this case is superb (and I would not say for all Bose products)
My only issue was that, despite their efficiency, they do not pack small or light Smile But if you do need to bring your own PA gear, you can do a lot worse!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
They are smaller and lighter than my regular PA. I was at Disney last night for Elliot Dyson's birthday at the Port Oreans. He uses Bose and Loves them. Sounded great to me.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Thanks guys. Glad to hear you've had good experiences with these. I've see good ratings but I wanted to know what you all thought. I knew there'd be enough of an experience pool here to tap into to confirm that or not.
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
I have the L1 compact, it is 14 pounds and can be used with or without the tower. It is the best system that I have owned.
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Excellent!

Thanks again.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2012-03-04 23:33, craig filicetti wrote:
I have the L1 compact, it is 14 pounds and can be used with or without the tower. It is the best system that I have owned.
-Craig

Would adding a B1 bass module help?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I always like to add a little bass.

A bit off topic - but here's the best bass singer I've ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkBpcwT8pfk

I think this version is even better than the original or the many other covers that have been done of this classic tune.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
One cool cat!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Quote:
On 2012-03-05 18:40, mastermindreader wrote:
I always like to add a little bass.

A bit off topic - but here's the best bass singer I've ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkBpcwT8pfk

I think this version is even better than the original or the many other covers that have been done of this classic tune.

I can't believe I just watched that.

And I absolutely cannot believe I actually liked it.

(Ba-ba-bob-ba-ba.)

I am officially getting old. **sigh**

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hey David....do not feel bad...I actually remember sitting with Mom and Dad and watching that particular LW show. I loved it. Larry Hooper was a special talent!

Thank-you Bob for the Link. [also I agree with you...best version.]

P.S. That clip is much better when you close your eyes, due to the poor timing of the audio/visual.

Rich
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
My parents watched that show every week. I would only come out of my room to watch when I heard Larry Hooper's voice. Remember his big hit "Grandfather's Clock?"

Back on topic- I always boost the bass a bit on my sound system. Makes my voice sound better.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Many people do the GULL WING EQ.....
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
I understand the move to F/X but I specifically posted it this Inner Thoughts to get the input from working Mentalists...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Just bought a new Electro Voice EV ZXA1 for $530 total for my floor monitor...IT IS A MONSTER! Add the sub woofer for another $600 and I'm pretty sure this is in the same ballpark as the Bose for about half the price. Will see how it does for a small crowd of 120 this Saturday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Bose L1, etc. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL