The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My Cussing has begun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
The dark masters that control the postal system delivered a strange package to me a few days back. Contained in the package was carved box, inside that box, a set of cursed cards. I am only of the lucky few to have received a set of Alchemy Moon's Elite Cuss Cards, and there are few words to describe it all, so I will leave it to a few pictures to tell the story....

afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Yes, let the cussing begin.

Congratulations, Jinx! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
That looks nice. Nice box, nice cards, everything is nice.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Nice Box,there is a post somewhere in here,with other cuss boxes!
Con-grats on the ECC too! Are they all done being made now...Or,is there anymore sets?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Let me answer your question Gary - there is some confusion over the exclusivity of the Cuss cards. I think that, in a moment of exhaustion I stated that I 'may not' be making any more. Well, to put the record straight. I did make an additional 13 sets, to coincide with the Alchemy Moon Relaunch. I was also under some degree of pressure from people who had become close friends who had missed out on a set.
The situation now is this - there are two set left. One for sale, and one which is my own. There is a third set, the burnt set that is still available in return for, well... contact me if you need to know. That is all! There defiantly are no more complete sets as the printing blocks are destroyed and it would be the end of my sanity to make any more (I do not exaggerate).
Still, I am glad that these photographs have been posted, as this set (along with a second parallel set)represent the pinnacle of the Cuss Cards. Not in the cards themselves, they have always been hand crafted, printed, coloured and finished. However, the boxes have developed over time. Originally just a replacement to the cardboard boxes that the very first sets were sent out in - through to premade plywood boxes.
The final cuss card boxes are true works of art. They are built from solid oak by a master craftsman. And worked to look authentic enough to convince a medieval historian (trust me, I have tested!). There are also, other techniques that I keep close to my chest, that others would find very difficult to reproduce.
So, if we are talking exclusivity,and you have a Cuss Cards set - each one of you have a set that is totally unique - each card is hand painted, each boxes is hand aged with an unique image.
So farewell to the Cuss Cards, but not necessarily to the boxes that contain them.
Making individualised boxes is pretty much how I feed my family these days - not many will realise this, as I do not keep pushing them on the forums. People know where to come should they want them.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Chris,
I am glad to own one of your first sets of ECC! Smile Also,I love my ECC Box...I think she is your second only with color! "The Sin Box".
I have had so many compliments on the box,and then they see the contents! Smile
Being said,Thank You,Chris... for your works of ART!

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Jinx13 welcome to the exclusive club. You have one very beautiful box.
Bob
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to getting this in the show and seeing the reactions it will create.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My Cussing has begun (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL