We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Management and Organization (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
In October of last year, I posted my review of The Swifty Bag and ever since, I've been getting emails, PMs, and even the occasional phone call from folks who wanted more information on my not only The Swifty Bag, but my entire system for balloon management. So I decided to go ahead and shoot a 4 part video series on my entire process. Where I buy my balloons, how I band them together, the bag I use, rig set up, etc. I hope that this will answer all questions and hope that all my fellow twisters out there find this informative...

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_J4AlyqW......ure=plcp

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cADdZDqGF......ure=plcp

Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRvPsy1m_......ure=plcp

Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Hqnuz4m......ure=plcp

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Link the other 3 parts in the info of each part.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-04 23:46, Jestnjoker wrote:
Link the other 3 parts in the info of each part.

Done!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Nice. I skipped around all 4 last night. Very cool. Although it seems that it would take you 20 minutes from unloading the car to being at the event. I grab my bag, folding table, and pump and am at the front door 1 minute after parking. Though, I obviously trade some througoughness of balloon choice, a more professional look, and wheels for the ability to do so.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-05 09:53, Jestnjoker wrote:
Although it seems that it would take you 20 minutes from unloading the car to being at the event.

Not at all...

I arrive, I pull out the rolling file and set it on the ground and pull out the retractable handle. I set the collapsible file on top of it, my sign on top of that, and my bag on top of that. Total time...45 seconds...it rolls easily over any surface as I roll into the venue.

Total time to set up the rig is just under 10 minutes... Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
Very good videos! thanks for posting. Its always interesting to see how other set up their balloon kit.

thanks
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Christopher,

Thanks for sharing ... there were some great tips in there.

Dan.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3731 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Nice ideas, as usual!

Steve
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Some great ideas that I'll use.

Thanks for posting!
Life of Magic!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Very nice setup Christopher.

After your discount of 5 percent with http://www.balloonmerchant.com from California for orders over $100 I think they are near the same. Another idea would be to team up with 4-5 balloon twisters in your area and buy in bulk. We just started doing that and now Or prices are even better.

10-15 minutes setting up your rolling carts and stuff seems like a lot of time but heck if it works for you great! I just bring the swifty bag in with the shoulder harness in one hand and small folding table in the other hand and I am good to go. Just pop open teh folding table and in 10 seconds I am ready.

I have been using the same size swifty bag for years and got the idea of using the fun foam from Laura Caldwell. She said Buster uses them as well. I use to just wrap teh balloon in the bags by themselves but after a while they will slouch down. My swifty bag is a tad different than yours. It has extra pockets on top to place coloring sheets. I noticed your bag didn't have that. Its a great bag, looks as good as the first day I bought it!

Thanks for the vidoes! I know it took some time out of your day to share this and upload it.

Thank you!
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I watched the videos last night and I have to say great Job. I am going to have to look up the swifty Bag. looks very well made
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-06 14:34, Kevinr wrote:
Very nice setup Christopher.

After your discount of 5 percent with http://www.balloonmerchant.com from California for orders over $100 I think they are near the same. Another idea would be to team up with 4-5 balloon twisters in your area and buy in bulk. We just started doing that and now Or prices are even better.

10-15 minutes setting up your rolling carts and stuff seems like a lot of time but heck if it works for you great! I just bring the swifty bag in with the shoulder harness in one hand and small folding table in the other hand and I am good to go. Just pop open teh folding table and in 10 seconds I am ready.

I have been using the same size swifty bag for years and got the idea of using the fun foam from Laura Caldwell. She said Buster uses them as well. I use to just wrap teh balloon in the bags by themselves but after a while they will slouch down. My swifty bag is a tad different than yours. It has extra pockets on top to place coloring sheets. I noticed your bag didn't have that. Its a great bag, looks as good as the first day I bought it!

Thanks for the vidoes! I know it took some time out of your day to share this and upload it.

Thank you!

I had no clue that there was an option for extra pockets on top of my bag. Had I known, I would have had those put in as well...darn!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Keith Brock
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Keith Brock
After watching all of these videos, it seems like I know you like you were my childhood friend! Er... haha.
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Thanks I got so many great ideas from your videos. Does the pump you use have an optional waist strap or is it too heavy for that? I'm trying to decide which electric pump to get without breaking the bank and I need one that can strap around my waist.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-14 21:37, Robynhood wrote:
Thanks I got so many great ideas from your videos. Does the pump you use have an optional waist strap or is it too heavy for that? I'm trying to decide which electric pump to get without breaking the bank and I need one that can strap around my waist.

This pump does have a spot you can feed your belt thru, but it is quite heavy to wear. But you could if you wanted...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Thanks for sharing Chris, I use a similiar method but picked up 4 or 5 tips to make mine a little more efficient.

David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Management and Organization (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL