The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Video blog back up and running (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
I've always been fairly slow to get involved in things such as social media, blogging, etc. After some encouragement of people (including members here), I've started up my video blog again.

No, this isn't a blog for magicians (nor do I have a book or course to sell you) - rather a motivational blog for setting, reaching for, and attaining big exciting goals.

My blog is at http://www.amazingcompanyevents.com/blog/ and I just added 2 videos in the most recent entry - one on making your goals public and another with my own public goal statement.

Perhaps this blog will help you so I share it here.

Perhaps you may have also some advice, recommendations, and feedback for how this blog could be better, more useful, or better fitting to my business and marketing efforts. If you are a regular reader of this forum, I'm sure you know by know by now that I'm always open for feedback and improving.

Thank you to those who inspired me to finally get this up and running again.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy it. I welcome your thoughts.
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
Scott,

I;m getting into blogging too. Nothing too serious, but mainly party planning tips, cool videos from my shows, a client testimonial, etc. I find it a great reason to 1) Have social media (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and 2) a reason to post something to these sites.

Here's a book I've been reading that I think may offer some great value to you and your blog "Likable Social Media." It gave me the blueprint to using social media as I found it initially hard to implement and don't want to be one of the many, many, many entertainers/magicians who constantly say "Book me, I'm available," type posts to social media.

Josh
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
One more thing, is there a way to subscribe to your blog (ie. everytime you post a new video/post I get an email)?
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Thanks for the suggestion on installing an email subscribe option for clients/readers. You can now sign-up to get emailed new blog posts by entering your email address in the right hand column (just under the Facebook box). I would be honoured to have you as my first blog subscriber Smile (if you experience any bugs or other tech issues please let me know as this just got put up on the site)

Thanks for the book recommendation. I may just have to give that book a read!

I welcome any additional suggestions from others who could see ways to best leverage this blog.
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Hi Scott,

Good job on your video blog. Here's a small tip that can make your videos a little better. Try to have the camera at eye level. With a low camera angle like you have now, it seems like you're talking down to me. From the perspective of the viewer, it doesn't feel comfortable to watch. If you want to be an imposing figure then having a low camera angle is fine, but it won't give the viewer a feeing of comfort. On the flip side, too high a camera angle puts you in a submissive role giving the impression the viewer is in a position of power.

If you look at news shows, the camera is always at eye level. It gives the impression that the newscaster is speaking directly to the viewer. The same with interview shows. It creates the feeling that the viewer is in the same room listening in on the conversation.

Things to consider.

All the best,

Lou
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Here's one more idea. You stated, "Perhaps you may have also some advice, recommendations, and feedback for how this blog could be better, more useful, or better fitting to my business and marketing efforts." With this in mind, there should be a call to action at the end of every video. (i.e sign up to my newsletter, follow me on facebook or twitter, call me for a special event. etc.) This doesn't need to be stated verbally, but at least have it in text on the video. Remember, people might be viewing this on Youtube, and may not even know where your blog is located. Not extending an invitation to follow you or to get more information, is a missed opportunity to help others and grow your business in the process.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Great thoughts Lou. Thank you so much for providing your assistance and support!
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Added another blog entry. If anyone here had subscribed to my blog email notification (think there are at least a few), please reply here or send a pm to let me know that the email notification as I set-up worked.

Much appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Video blog back up and running (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL