The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Coincidences (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I love coincidences, because I, myself, have had a lot of coincidences happening.
here are a few lists:
http://listverse.com/2007/11/12/top-15-amazing-coincidences/
http://listverse.com/2009/07/14/10-more-......idences/
http://listverse.com/2008/02/20/another-......idences/

These coincidences can be nice to use as patter for coincidence effects, I simply love them.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Very nice! Smile
MissMage
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of MissMage
The Rest In Peace one in the last section was pretty cool. I can definitely see using that one. Thanks for sharing these cirrus!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Very cool...thanks for sharing!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks for sharing!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thanks cirrus, those are cool!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Seamus Airgead
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Seamus Airgead
I was just thinking about coincidences today... Weird!
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Cool, thanks for the links.

Quote:
8. Bad Lightning
In 1899 a man was killed by a bolt of lightning as he stood in his backyard in Taranto, Italy. Thirty years later, his son was killed in the very same spot by another bolt of lightning. On October 8, 1949, Rolla Primarda, the second victim’s son (and grandson of the first victim) was also killed in the same spot by yet another bolt of lightning.

Here's a tip.... stop standing in that spot.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
There are some lovely ideas for presentations in there. Thanks for sharing!
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Of course, if you subscribe to a magical universe, or at least a poetic one - or if you have read your Carl Jung, none of these are coincidences at all. (For me) the art of life is spotting these poetic synchronicities and attempting to understand their meanings. With this they have a lot in common with dreams. In some fashion it is as if dream logic has entered the waking world. So, what if this is true and coincidences are somewhat more than odd diversions to normality? Is it our craving, or instinctive understanding of an underlying poetry of life that makes them so interesting?
Now, there are some serious directions that this could be taken into in terms of magical performance. Consider this premise for a moment... in a (layman's) quantum universe a new layer of reality is formed for each potential decision we make or action we take. I toss a coin and in one universe it lands heads and in another parallel universe it lands tails. Now, what if we use the same sensibilities we use to recognise synchronistic events to *choose* which of these two universes we enter?......
It gets seriously weird when the event is overlapping realities (I use one of these as a back story to 'Experiment with time' - and yes, it really happened to me!)
For a long time I have been using such thoughts to construct demonstrations of a magical (or quantum)universe(,depending on my audience).
I will not give examples here, not that I fear the great unwashed hordes of the 'merely curious' - as this is a state I often find myself in. But it will tip off something that I am working on. However, we are all intelligent and imaginative here, so it should be easy to dust off some of those old classics 'how odd, we have both drawn the same card!' and give them a quantum spin....
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
I'm a firm believer in the old adage that there are no such things as coincidences. Perhaps it's something I heard Columbo say when I was watching TV as a kid!

I use the premise of synchronicity, deja vu, etc to spice up simple self-working card tricks. With the right framing they become little miracles. Or rather, little demonstrations of the universe exerting its will.

Some of the coincidence mentioned above, especially the 3 members of the same family killed on the same spot by lightning... come on. That's not just coincidence surely. That's the universe dealing out some kind of... observation. Would love to know the family's history. Their back-story as it were.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I love Jung's book on synchronicity. I have been researching it myself, because I had a few experiences the last few years that couldn't be mere coincidence. I don't believe in coincidence either. So to me the above links aren't coincidences. I just love it when I read things like these.
MissMage
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of MissMage
I think in line with coincidences, we all enjoy the idea of karmic retribution. Good deeds get a cosmic reward. Bad deeds don't go unpunished. The story about the dude blowing up the tree is the perfect example. He might have sleighted karma for a time, but it eventually found him. It feels good to see evidence of some kind of intelligent force at work in the universe.

http://listverse.com/2007/11/12/top-15-amazing-coincidences/
#5. Revenge Killing

Of course, sometimes the scariest things are when a completely innocent person is tormented by something malevolent. We like to be comforted by the thought that if we live good lives, we will be spared retribution from an angry force. But if that no longer protects us, what do we do?

Anywho, all interesting things to consider and play with in our stories.
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Quote:
On 2012-03-06 02:33, Seamus Airgead wrote:
I was just thinking about coincidences today... Weird!

I was just weird today ... Coincidence?
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
627 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Quote:
On 2012-03-06 13:31, Van Helmont wrote:
I was just weird today ... Coincidence?

Wow, that makes every day Coincidence Day for me...
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Coincidences (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL