The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CAPTIVATE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Hi everyone.

I just thought I would mention a new release from Rus Andrews called 'CAPTIVATE'.It's his take on cap in bottle( yes I know another version), but this looks VERY GOOD and is so practical. It has a number of things going for it. For a start in happens in the spetators hands, and only one cap and bottle are used and both can be signed.

Everything is left with the spectator as you end COMPLETELY CLEAN.

Also it is instantly repeatable ! PS. before you start guessing it doesn't use a pk ring.

You will love the method and I am going to switch over to this method and handeling.

Thank's Rus for letting me see this. Excellent variation for a classic worker. I Love it and will use it!

Mike Donoghue
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Can I see a demo of it somewhere? I don't own a 'cap in bottle' trick yet and this would be a 'different' trick for my repertoire. Also, is it easy to do?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Rus will be doing a video demo in the near future, just keeping watching this post or check his website.www.deceptionartist.

Also it's very easy to do and very practical.
Mike donoghue
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Sounds interesting. A demo is needed. PLEASE no style MTV demos. Just show the effect in a performance.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2012-03-06 11:50, mike donoghue wrote:
Hi everyone.

I just thought I would mention a new release from Rus Andrews called 'CAPTIVATE'.It's his take on cap in bottle( yes I know another version), but this looks VERY GOOD and is so practical. It has a number of things going for it. For a start in happens in the spetators hands, and only one cap and bottle are used and both can be signed.

Everything is left with the spectator as you end COMPLETELY CLEAN.

Also it is instantly repeatable ! PS. before you start guessing it doesn't use a pk ring.

You will love the method and I am going to switch over to this method and handeling.

Thank's Rus for letting me see this. Excellent variation for a classic worker. I Love it and will use it!

Mike Donoghue

really looking forward to what this might be but I can only assume you already know that the talking points you pointed out are not a break through:

Captured was the FIRST cap in bottle that happened in the spectators hand!
Captured you could instantly give the bottle to them with the cap in it and end clean!
It is ridiculous to have a spectator sign a cap or bottle!

NOW if you can do it with just ONE cap that would be a huge improvement so I look forward to seeing what this is.
JM
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all,

I wondered how long it would take for the mighty JM to appear on this thread, Captivate is part of a large project currently in the works.

JM’s Captured was the inspiration behind my method to this great plot. My handling uses one cap, which can be signed if preferred, no setup time, all examinable, everything can be left with the spectator, instantly repeatable with any bottle or cap.

Like I said this is part of a large project so all will be revealed soon.

Ill keep you posted

R
thoughtthief10
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of thoughtthief10
I love captured but this is intriguing!
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Justin, surely signing a bottle cap is no weirder than signing a bill?
The reason for signing anything is to eliminate any thought of a switch.

Are you saying that if the cap in the bottle can be signed and then seen inside the bottle you don't think this is an improvement?
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
No, it's not, Trapped by Jordan Johnson is also a signed cap in bottle routine.

Walk up to spectator borrow their empty bottle and visually penetrate their cap into the bottle. To take it a step farther the cap is in the bottle, and before we forget to mention, the CAP IS SIGNED.

If you have ever wanted to perform the classic visual cap in bottle effect without the use of a PK ring then Trapped is the effect for you. Trapped teaches several very easy methods to accomplish the cap in bottle effect, on the spot, impromptu, with borrowed bottles. There are methods that are 100% impromptu, there are methods that require a very small amount of setup and there is a gimmick included that will make performing this effect way too easy. What separates Trapped from other effects on the market is that the methods taught on this DVD were specifically thought out for the person who wants to ditch the sleight of hand and focus on performing a simple close up effect that people will remember for years. For those who like the sleight of hand, don't worry, we included some of that in there too.

This sounds more like Trapped than Captured by Justin Miller, which by the way is really good if anyone is looking for a great visual penetration effect.
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 06:33, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Hi all,

I wondered how long it would take for the mighty JM to appear on this thread, Captivate is part of a large project currently in the works.

JM’s Captured was the inspiration behind my method to this great plot. My handling uses one cap, which can be signed if preferred, no setup time, all examinable, everything can be left with the spectator, instantly repeatable with any bottle or cap.

Like I said this is part of a large project so all will be revealed soon.

Ill keep you posted

R

Could you have come up with a name that didn't look like a cheap knock off of Justin Miller's "Captured". Considering you admit that Captured was the inspiration behind your effect, maybe at least come up with an original name for it...at least that. Smile
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Easy tiger!!

First of all, why is a it a cheap knock off just because of the name? When you don’t know squat about it? Does that mean every version or method relating to this effect is a cheap knock off??? NO IT DOES NOT…..

I was always under the impression that we as creators/performers were to drive this art, push things forward and test the boundaries, yet when someone comes up with a method or a different approach; people jump on their hobby horses ringing bells.

I mentioned that this was a work in progress with a larger project, not every effect that gets released these days is a knock off as you so put it, Trapped is a great method and Jordan is a great creator, and well done for PLUGGING it.

Yes captured was my inspiration, I don’t see a problem?

All the best

R
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Realax pal, no one said you effect is a rip off. You might want to be careful on how you respond since you will be trying to sell your effect. You are quick to jump the gun. Not a good start.

Let me post the sentence again for you...just for you. "Could you have come up with a name that didn't look like a cheap knock off of Justin Miller's "Captured"

Let's look at the eighth word in that sentence. It says, "name" oh my. How could you miss that?

I'm talking about the name you are calling it. The effect is inspired by Captured, so you call it Captivate. Kind of like a cola company being inspired by Pepsi and calling their drink Pepsical. I am referring to the name, not the product when I mean cheap knock off. If you had Pepsi and Pepsical on the same shelve, one would assume Pepsical was a knock off. Having an original name will save you problems in the long run, but what do I know.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Well then you have my sincere apologies if I took your post out on context.

People seem so quick these days to call something a ripoff.

All good

R
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I'm surprised you missed that, Rus. He put it so sweetly....
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
I totally understand where you are coming from. It's all good! Smile I'll even apologize because perhaps my post didn't make myself clear the first time.

I look forward to your release as I'm a big fan of bottle effects. I have Trapped, Captured, Factory Sealed, Prohibition, and All Will Be Consumed. The more the better as far as I'm concerned.

I also want to apologize for plugging Trapped. It wasn't my intentions. I just wanted to point out that there was an effect where you could have the cap signed. I don't mean to insinuate that your effect is like Trapped other than the descriptions. I have no idea.

Where will one be able to purchase it, and when?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
WOW GaryLee, for a relatively new user, you a very bold. Rus creates some fantastic work. I am glad to see you rescinded your posts because they were "over the top". There are always new tricks and effects being released that are based on old principles. There is nothing wrong with that as long as the creator has permission and credits the original creator.

Best,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
I was talking about the "name" Captivate sounding close to Captured. And it was only meant as advice for the same reason Rus mentioned. There are many who like to quickly jump on the "knockoff" bandwagon, and figuring Rus was inspired by Captured, having a name that closely resembled it may have people thinking it's a knock off. I'm sure Rus, if he choose to do so, would be able to come up with a name more original. I'm not a dictator, I was merely passing on my opinion, which apparently came out wrong if others still don't understand my intentions.

Once again, sorry for the confusion.

P.S. after reading the original post again, I admit that it left much for the imagination. I hope I've vindicated myself to some degree. I thought Rus was gunning me for something I thought was a blatant misinterpretation of my words. I apologize for that. Others of you apparently see the same thing Russ originally did before I attacked him for what I thought was an attack on me for something I believed I didn't say. (Yes, I lost myself too with that)

I hope all is well between him and I now, and, most of all, I hope I cleared that up.
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Gary, using similar names for effects is VERY common and you did come off a bit strong by your choice of word (cheap knock off). JM, I have Captured and think the end result is beautiful. But I think the selling point on this is not only that only one cap is used but also it is instantly repeatable. Can't wait to see as Rus does have some killer material.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 10:37, Rus ANDREWS wrote:

Easy tiger!!

I am the king of the jungle
They call me the tiger man
I am the king of the jungle
They call me tiger man
If you cross my path
You take your own life in your hands

:coolspot:
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Guuuyyysss!
Rus is a GREAT thinker and his material is such a treat to watch. I for one am looking forward to see what captivate will be.
JM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CAPTIVATE (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL