We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CAPTIVATE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
JM you sir will be the first to get it......

All the best

R
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
Well after reading this, I had to phone Rus and ask him what was going on, without giving everything away, Rus gave me a little insight into how he performs this and what goes on.
Yep the cap can be signed, yes it happens in the spectators hands, and He is a devious, sneaky, bold as brass genius!
David
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 10:49, GaryLee wrote:
Realax pal, no one said you effect is a rip off. You might want to be careful on how you respond since you will be trying to sell your effect. You are quick to jump the gun. Not a good start.

Let me post the sentence again for you...just for you. "Could you have come up with a name that didn't look like a cheap knock off of Justin Miller's "Captured"

Let's look at the eighth word in that sentence. It says, "name" oh my. How could you miss that?

I'm talking about the name you are calling it. The effect is inspired by Captured, so you call it Captivate. Kind of like a cola company being inspired by Pepsi and calling their drink Pepsical. I am referring to the name, not the product when I mean cheap knock off. If you had Pepsi and Pepsical on the same shelve, one would assume Pepsical was a knock off. Having an original name will save you problems in the long run, but what do I know.

You're the one that needs to relax pal. Why don't you stick around and get to know people before starting in with the sarcastic attitude. Rus is one of the good guys and there's enough ***** here already. We don't need another one.
And if you knew a little more about magic you would realise that there is a rich history of honoring the effect that influenced you, within the name of your trick.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Sean, you sir should be a dictator, appreciate your comments.

It's all good.

Best

R
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17061 Posts

Profile of joseph
I use Glimmer a lot, and I bet
This is just as good..(or bertter Smile )...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17061 Posts

Profile of joseph
Oops..I mean better Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Nicko
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Nicko
Glimmer is a visual stunner and I'm triple sure that Captivate by Rus Andrews will be a Mike Tyson Uppercut knockout of an effect.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
If its from Rus I am sure it is a winner!
This guys thinking is awesome!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Nicko
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Nicko
If its Rus I am sure we're all winners.... Deceptive and Practical = Rus Andrews
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Don't forget to add BOLD to the above.. That's why I love Russ's stuf!!
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Actually, since I apologized, I believe YOU are the one who needs to relax. Get over it man. It wasn't about you in the first place, and all you are doing is wasting time bringing up yesterdays garbage. Do you have anything constructive to add to the thread,or are you one of those members who just troll around?

Quote:
On 2012-03-08 15:47, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 10:49, GaryLee wrote:
Realax pal, no one said you effect is a rip off. You might want to be careful on how you respond since you will be trying to sell your effect. You are quick to jump the gun. Not a good start.

Let me post the sentence again for you...just for you. "Could you have come up with a name that didn't look like a cheap knock off of Justin Miller's "Captured"

Let's look at the eighth word in that sentence. It says, "name" oh my. How could you miss that?

I'm talking about the name you are calling it. The effect is inspired by Captured, so you call it Captivate. Kind of like a cola company being inspired by Pepsi and calling their drink Pepsical. I am referring to the name, not the product when I mean cheap knock off. If you had Pepsi and Pepsical on the same shelve, one would assume Pepsical was a knock off. Having an original name will save you problems in the long run, but what do I know.

You're the one that needs to relax pal. Why don't you stick around and get to know people before starting in with the sarcastic attitude. Rus is one of the good guys and there's enough ***** here already. We don't need another one.
And if you knew a little more about magic you would realise that there is a rich history of honoring the effect that influenced you, within the name of your trick.

If I knew a little bit more about magic? Get over yourself moron. You're still wet between the ears. I can tell I know ,ore about magic that you do about potty training. If you want a fight, I'm in, but since you praise Rus so much have the respect for him to not come on here and start a flaming war. How disrespectful!!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hey

No need to bicker guys, all good.

Keep this a happy thread.

Bond19, this is a bold approach never fear, it's a cap in bottle with a Rus Andrews touch.

All the best

R
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Hi Rus, when is the 'larger' project due for release ??
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
I've had the pleasure of recieving just about everything Rus has released so far and I very rarely get impressed and his thinking on design and practicality is well thought out, easy, practical and visual all are great combos for a great effect.

Looking forward to this one Rus,

Shane
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
The project is in the pipeline at the moment, captivate will come with 2 methods, a gimmicked version and an impromptu version.

Thanks for the comments Shane, you sir are another inspiration to my work.

All the best

R
music
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of music
It sounds great, my question is; who signs the cap?
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1852 Posts

Profile of Prager
I have seen the effect.

Rus is CRAZY!
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
The spectator,their friend, and anyone else who wishes can sign the cap (provided they all leave enough room)
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 02:19, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
The project is in the pipeline at the moment, captivate will come with 2 methods, a gimmicked version and an impromptu version.

Thanks for the comments Shane, you sir are another inspiration to my work.

All the best

R

Thank you Rus I appreciate that sir!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3151 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
This looks good! I have seen a quick video of this, performed impromptu and it is slick. I understand that there will be a couple methods taught with this release including a gimmicked version which most likely will be easier to perform. I favor impromptu but using a gimmick is not so bad and sometimes looks cleaner. Looking forward to this release, hopefully soon.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CAPTIVATE (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL