The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CAPTIVATE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of newguy
Interesting to see people fighting about variations of their variations of variations
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2228 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Guys,

I have seen this effect, after jamming with Rus tonight, and let me tell you, I will be using this, and I am more of a mentalist, but every now and then I like doing great close-up magic, and I can see me adding this to my repertoire no doubt.

I agree with Justin Miller, Rus did a good job with this one, and it something that you will want to do.

There are two versions

1) Impromptu
2) Gimmicked

You can decide which one suits your style.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
How do we know what you, or anyone else has seen will be what Rus puts on the market??

From Rus, "Hi

As mentioned before this is a project I am still currently working, so is not complete as of yet, as soon as I am satisfied with my work I will post a proper demo video for all to see."
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2228 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Because I along with other people are helping Rus fine tune it, so that what he puts out on the market, will be of the utmost quality.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 02:57, BMWGuy wrote:
Because I along with other people are helping Rus fine tune it, so that what he puts out on the market, will be of the utmost quality.

Alex

Hi! Im one of the "other"...
JM
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
892 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 21:24, GaryLee wrote:
How do we know what you, or anyone else has seen will be what Rus puts on the market??

From Rus, "Hi

As mentioned before this is a project I am still currently working, so is not complete as of yet, as soon as I am satisfied with my work I will post a proper demo video for all to see."

Gary, you must be happy that Rus is fine tuning this?

I for one am pleased that he is using this in the real world and putting it's through it's paces.
He is asking others to contribute ideas to bring us a quality finished product.

Surely that's what you should do before asking people to part with their hard earned cash?

People who have seen this are saying it is already great.
Just imagine what the end result will be Smile
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Yes, but what's the point of giving a review on something that isn't finished yet? I am excited about what Russ is doing, but hearing reviews from those who are contributing to it is sort of biased isn't it. Especially when Russ hasn't finished fine tuning it yet.

Of course I want Russ to fine tune it, and whatever else he has to do before it finalized, and I think that's great!!!!!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

I see this thread is bouncing all over the place so I will try and shed a little light on this project.

Firstly they are not bias reviews, they are the opinions of people that have either seen me perform the effect live or have seen it via a skype session, they are not contributions, more me asking there thoughts on my approach to this plot.

The only person I have really sat down with and discussed this project in detail with is Justin Miller, he is the only one I have discussed the gimmick with so far.

Over the past week I have managed to sit down and watch every version of cap in bottle that I think has been released, including the prohibition provisions dvd, which I will add is a great dvd full of some amazing ideas to go with the original prohibition dvd, Charlie is a great thinker and performer.

Trapped also by Jordan Johnson, another great dvd.

Captured by Justin Miller, again an amazing approach to this plot also eliminating the use of the bent cap, this I feel took this great effect a step forward and raised the bar a little

Captivate is my take on this, I have always been interested in this as I mainly perform in bars and nightclubs, so developed a way to achieve the cap in bottle using my own performance style which most people know me for which is the BOLD APPROACH.

Like I said this is part of a larger project and will hopefully be complete soon.

Im looking forward to unleashing this peice of madness into the magic fraternity soon

Special thanks also to Justin Miller.

All the best

R
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Well, BMWGuy believes he's helping you fine tune it. If that's the case, then he has contributed has he not?

<fine-tune
vb
(tr) to make fine adjustments to (something) in order to obtain optimum performance>

Glad to here Justin Miller is one of the others. He's got a great creative mind.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2228 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Gary,

I havent sent my ideas over to Rus yet, since I am jotting them down on paper, but I do have some which I will submit to Rus, and it is up to him whether or not to include them.

Alex
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
I expect Captivate will be captivating!
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
892 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Why don't you just wait and see Gary?

What's with all the snide/ childish little comments?

Everyone involved in this project seems happy.

I'm pleased that there are creators out there willing to put their neck on the line to push our industry forward.

Sometimes they may not. Sometimes it may be a backward step. But they are out there doing it.
Pushing the boundaries and evolving tired routines to bring us all something fresh and current.
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
I am, whats your problem? I have questions, big deal. I didn't start this thread prematurely. But if you want to derail the thread, I'm not going to do that in respect to Russ. I sggest you show the same respect.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
966 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
It's all gone very, very quiet on this thread. Any news on the release date anyone?
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Hard to talk about something that isn't finished, and not worth reading reviews from friends of Russ who claim to have seen the trick that Russ says isn't complete. Until Russ has completed the effect, and is happy with what he has, there is no point in reading biased reviews, or discussing something that is still in the works.

It only fair to let Russ finish first.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Well, I look forward to it when it comes.....
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

Sorry for the delay, but as mentioned above I wanted to make sure I'm happy with it before releasing it.
Almost there tho, just a few little nuances to resolve as I want all skill levels of magicians to be able to perform this bit of crazy.

Captivate will be ready very soon, I'm also thinking of changing the name.

All the best

R
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Fantastic news Rus, looking forward to this one! Cap in bottle is a stone cold classic and any additional routines are always worth exploring. Intrigued to see what you have done with this!
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
966 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 05:35, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Hi

Sorry for the delay, but as mentioned above I wanted to make sure I'm happy with it before releasing it.
Almost there tho, just a few little nuances to resolve as I want all skill levels of magicians to be able to perform this bit of crazy.

Captivate will be ready very soon, I'm also thinking of changing the name.

All the best

R

C'mon Russ - we are all waiting!!
Great news you are refining it until you are 100% happy - best way to go for sure.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
I have just spoke to Rus (about something else entirely) and asked him what was going on with his spin on the cap in bottle effect? the latest news is that he has been working and testing some variations on the idea (including showing the cap penetrated half way into the bottle). So the routine is going to include the original and some interesting ideas, that could be applied to this and other methods. The routine and its various phases, and presentations are going to be on a DVD, with the final product likely to be available by the end of May (and maybe sooner).
David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CAPTIVATE (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL