The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CAPTIVATE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Hi Rizzo ,or Rus

Any chance of sending a link to the quick video performance you watched for Captivate??
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
708 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Watched the impromptu version today and it fooled the people in the bar anyway also looked good

carl
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
For anyone joining the insidious lecture on friday, I have been twisting Rus arm, and if there is time he might give an impromptu performance. please don't hold him to it, there is a lot of other stuff to get through.
David
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
No offense but it's all been done before, check out the Provisions disk of Prohibition for a way to put a signed cap into a bottle using only one cap and one bottle. Even after 8 years and numerous copycats, Prohibition is still the best cap in bottle and has been used by more magicians than any other.

Jeff Pierce (Producer of Prohibition)
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hey Jeff

Prohibition is a brilliant effect and I myself have been using it for years, I have just strived to place my take on classic plots using my own unique style and approach.

I do agree it is one of the best and a bench mark in this type of effect, I say one as many versions of this are great, including captured by Justin miller and trapped by Jordan Johnson.

Best

R
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Just watched the live performance of Captivated filmed in a bar in the UK. The folks went nuts for it and obviously enjoyed the performance.

This was the impromptu performance and it did have a strong wiff of Prohibition about it. Rus did also mention that the gimmicked version uses a well know and old principle, can be set up so its good to go for 'anytime' use and is totally invisible and leaves you clean at the end.

This does sound interesting, can't wait to see this one in action.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks bond19 glad you like it.

Also just a small point the cap in bottle idea I'm pretty sure was released earlier than prohibition on the wizard p* r**g DVD way back by costas? So this shows that this plot has been played with numerous times through the years.

All the best

R
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
The bigger point is that the use of the required item for most cap in bottle routines goes back to the first routines and the Wizards P* R**g DVD (2007) came out much later than Prohibition (2004). The Cap Trap move devised by Charlie Justice and used in Prohibition had never been done before.

Feel free to post the performance video others are talking about so we all can see how different it is.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

As mentioned before this is a project I am still currently working, so is not complete as of yet, as soon as I am satisfied with my work I will post a proper demo video for all to see.

I'm not a copycat, I just enjoy putting my touch on great plots as was done with prohibition.

All the best

R
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3406 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I will be very surprised if this is not very very similar to Justin and Charlies effects . A slight tweak at the very best , I hope its more different and better ( if that's possible of course ) !
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Is that all you have to do nowadays? Just add your personal touch to someone elses creation and call it your own? I'm not being rude, just asking to understand this better. You are not claiming anything is new. You are admitting that you like taking tricks and adding your own touch to them. Isn't that what we are all supposed to do with a trick someone else created? Maybe I'm wrong, that's why I am asking.

Will there be new moves involved with this, or new handlings that are indeed an improvememnt and not just an alternative. If it's not finished yet, and it still needs tweeking, then why are we talking about this. It doesn't even exist yet. (lol)
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
I am pretty sure I just read that Rus enjoys putting his own touch on great plots. But you are right GaryLee I just wish everyone had left Triumph, Ambitious card, the linking rings, sponge balls, ring on string etc alone. All these magicians coming along and putting their own spin on things just makes my head spin.

I'm also pretty sure Rus didn't start this thread, someone else said they had seen this performed and heard from Rus that it was in the pipeline, Rus has explained that he is working on something, and given a little more detail. But GaryLee good idea, its not out why are we talking about this product that is still be worked on, perhaps it this should have been posted under a topic heading that dealt with speculation about forthcoming releases perhaps a
"place where folks can discuss the latest rumors, read announcements and speculate about the obvious hyperbole surrounding many of the upcoming products that are released into magicdom. Will they be genuine miracles or mere rhetoric? We ponder the question..."
if only such a topic existed on the Café...
'LOL'
David
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 10:26, GaryLee wrote:
Is that all you have to do nowadays? Just add your personal touch to someone elses creation and call it your own? I'm not being rude, just asking to understand this better. You are not claiming anything is new. You are admitting that you like taking tricks and adding your own touch to them. Isn't that what we are all supposed to do with a trick someone else created? Maybe I'm wrong, that's why I am asking.

I guess it depends on how much either the effect or the method is improved.

Or as in the case with Richard Sanders' "Extreme Burn" both were improved considerably (IMO).

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Yes, but if I took the gimmick Richard uses and modify it just slightly, would I be allowed to put it on the market and call it, "Extremely Burned"? lol
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
I don't know GaryLee, why don't you go away and give it a try?
(sorry forget to add LOL)
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
966 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
What a complete waste of thread! 2 pages of hype and arguments - nothing else! Can we just please see a demo?
Read a few genuine user reviews (not the usual hype from the magicians friends!) and we can all
make up our own minds. I use Prohibition and like it a lot so I am interested in seeing this. Less interested
in the hype and childish arguments.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
966 Posts

What a complete waste of thread! 2 pages of hype and arguments - nothing else! Can we just please see a demo?
Read a few genuine user reviews (not the usual hype from the magicians friends!) and we can all
make up our own minds. I use Prohibition and like it a lot so I am interested in seeing this. Less interested
in the hype and childish arguments.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
That was strange! This thread vanished, and then reappeared again a few hours later.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Jesus guys! (you know who you are). Give the guy a break here. I was able to see Rus perform this and I have to say that for your everyday, totally impromptu, no rings, no clap trap, no magnets, no nada..this is very very good. You have a really nice routine here rus and it is very well thought out.
JM
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
966 Posts

When can we see it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CAPTIVATE (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL