The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Pop Haydn Teleportation Device? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Anyone know where I could purchase one of these?

Thanks.

-Leo
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1399 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I do not think they are being made right now. You could try contacting Whit directly, I'm sure he would be happy to give you any info.. He's a really nice guy.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
It wasn't too long ago that Don Stachowiak was making these with Whits permission. Send him an email, maybe he is still able to make you one. His email is dstachowiak@cablespeed.com.
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Don was from Baltimore MD and part do the Café, BTW. His username is dstachowiak. I bought one several years back from Hocus Pocus, but I doubt they are still available...
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3212 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
The devices are no longer available. Most people really wanted to design their own to fit their acts, whether steampunk, 50's retro, 30's Buck Rogers, alien or futuristic--and I think that is the way to go.

The device is easy to build, I am not an electronics hobbiest, but was able to solder the first one together from the pieces of a toy raygun. The device can be built for under $50.

I now sell the complete performance rights, including television, plus a DVD with a performance and fully detailed video instructions, and a CD with a rough wiring diagram and photos of the inside and outside of a number of different styles of devices.

Here are some photos of some wonderful devices(you must be logged into Facebook to see them):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=......9&type=3

The two discs and performance rights are available for $50 at Paypal, to pop@pophaydn.com

It is a lot of fun to perform. Here is a clip of the routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usedWvB5i......AAAAAWAA

And here is a clip of my first test of the device, from 1981:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_iPd5Aib......AAAAACAA

The device can be made easily by any electronics hobbiest, possession of the two discs gives you the right to have as many devices made for your own use as you would want. I suggest having someone local make one that suits your character and act, that way you have more control over how you want it to look and perform.
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 13:36, Pop Haydn wrote:
The devices are no longer available. Most people really wanted to design their own to fit their acts, whether steampunk, 50's retro, 30's Buck Rogers, alien or futuristic--and I think that is the way to go.

The device is easy to build, I am not an electronics hobbiest, but was able to solder the first one together from the pieces of a toy raygun. The device can be built for under $50.

I now sell the complete performance rights, including television, plus a DVD with a performance and fully detailed video instructions, and a CD with a rough wiring diagram and photos of the inside and outside of a number of different styles of devices.

Here are some photos of some wonderful devices(you must be logged into Facebook to see them):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=......9&type=3

The two discs and performance rights are available for $50 at Paypal, to pop@pophaydn.com

It is a lot of fun to perform. Here is a clip of the routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usedWvB5i......AAAAAWAA

And here is a clip of my first test of the device, from 1981:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_iPd5Aib......AAAAACAA

The device can be made easily by any electronics hobbiest, possession of the two discs gives you the right to have as many devices made for your own use as you would want. I suggest having someone local make one that suits your character and act, that way you have more control over how you want it to look and perform.


Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely be buying the dvd's soon!
Cheers!

-Leo
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you don't want to mess with a lemon, and want a signed bill, use a Bill Tube for the revelation.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
$50 is a bargain!!!!
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I have built them for people before.
Mine have a theremin knob on it to make crazy sounds.

My idea was to do one teleporation with a mismade bill as the outcome.
Like it was the problem that the movie 'The Fly' had, things being turned inside out.
Feel free to use that everyone.

Randi
Image
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3212 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Please remember the creator, folks. If you build a teleportation device for the bill to egg, lemon, etc., the person that is going to use it needs to own the performance rights. It is only $50. I appreciate support for the originator. Thanks.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 22:12, Pop Haydn wrote:
Please remember the creator, folks. If you build a teleportation device for the bill to egg, lemon, etc., the person that is going to use it needs to own the performance rights. It is only $50. I appreciate support for the originator. Thanks.

Yes! Yes! Here! Here!
Please note that I do not perform this. I just build props for people.
The people who I have built them for are well aware of the creator and performance rights.


But here is one I made...
Image


The stem comes off so you can pack it up, and it has the theremin in it.

Randi
Image
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3212 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Very cool! Are you willing to build them for people? I get a lot of requests for builders...
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 00:13, Pop Haydn wrote:
Very cool! Are you willing to build them for people? I get a lot of requests for builders...


Sure, if they have money... it's what I do.

Randi
Image
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
281 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
So I'll ask: how much money we talking about?
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 16:33, Beowulf wrote:
So I'll ask: how much money we talking about?

Depends on what you want...

The one in the picture... you're looking at a few hundred.
But, that one comes apart, has LEDs, a buzzer, and a theremin in it with an amp, and is VERY loud.

Randi
Image
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
281 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
Thank you, Ma'am. It does look great.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3212 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
It is a beautiful device. I posted the photo on my facebook page. Thanks, Randi!
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
Thanks Pop.

There is one more that I made, but if I showed a picture everyone would say that looks like crap.
They would also be right. It's supposed to look like crap.
It's supposed to look like some crazy person made it in their garage.
Which is exactly what happened, but that's beside the point.
It actually looks really cool, if you know it's supposed to be tarnished brass and sloppy soldered edges.

Randi
Image
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3212 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I'd like to see it.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I can't even find a picture of it.
It was uglier than homemade soap. Not sure if I even took a picture.
But I can tell you how I made it.

I used brass hobby sheets and cut out five sides for a rectangle box.
I used a plumbers torch and plumbing solder to solder the pieces together.
I let the flame patina the brass and went heavy on the solder.
A piece of brass tubing was soldered on the top for the antenna part.
Then I used a piece of plywood for the front, but I distressed it and stained it dark.
The same knobs in the pic above were used.

The center knob turns a potentiometer that controls the electricity to a very basic transistor/capacitor tone generator circuit.
Which is basically what a theremin is.
Turning the knob makes the different noises, like tuning an old radio.
Even moving your hands around in different positions and pushing buttons not even connected to the circuit change the frequency.
It's a very weird thing. Very fun to play with.

I would love to do this routine.
I am just way to lazy to change my act, and I already have enough stuff to add if I ever did.
I would like to do it, just to use the line from one of the Simpsons Tree House of Horror episodes.
When Mr Burns was building a Frankenstein Homer Robot, his line was...
"That fellow at Radio Shack said I was mad... well who's mad now?"

Randi
Image
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Pop Haydn Teleportation Device? (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL