The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Pop Haydn Teleportation Device? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I am selling my DVD/CD on the Teleportation Device, along with my books, DVDs and magic props at my new online store at http://www.popsmagic.com
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
For those of you who have purchased the rights and wish to build your own device, Radio Shack sells a small book titled "Timer, Op Amp & Optoelectric Circuits & Projects" that has a few projects that will accomplish what the T-Device needs to do. I built a couple of the circuits on a copper plated circuit board and mounted it in a wooden cigar box. You may need to find another source for the nichrome wire and the brass tubing but Radio Shack has all the other components.

But as Pop says, if you don't know much about soldering or basic electronics, you might want to have someone else put the device together for you.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Thanks, Bill. BTW nichrome wire in different gauges is available where they sell accessories for the smokeless nicotine vapes.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Just finished this one:

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5198 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
LOVE IT!!!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Wow...that is AMAZING!
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Thanks for the nice comments!!!

Nick
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Wonderful, Nick! I love the H.G. Wells brass plate.
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Thanks Pop!

Nick
RobDougherty
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of RobDougherty
I feel truly privileged to have clicked on this thread today, and it's very rare that I've said that on any forum.

Mr Haydn, having now watched a couple of versions of your routine I can only offer my sincere gratitude for the massive entertainment you have given me today, you are a performer in the truest sense of the word. I'm very new to magic and the magic world and still on my journey of discovery as both a fan and a magician and today I really felt like I learned something about magical performance. Your character is without question THE most engaging character I've ever seen, funny, authentic, charismatic and entertaining beyond belief. The routine itself captivated me from the off and the effect was beautifully delivered. Though I've only really looked into/studied coins so far this routine has inspired me to "branch out" in to other areas in the future when time and money are more accessible. Please take this as a very sincere comment: This ranks among my top 5 performances I have seen and you have earned a lifelong fan today, I will be sharing your performances with all of my friends as I know they will love it as I did. I'm actually left in two minds with regards to the potential purchase of this effect for myself, on the one hand I'd love to be able to perform it, on the other the "fan" in me doesn't want to know so that I can preserve that same sense of wonder I felt watching it for the first time. Again, thank you for creating, performing and sharing this effect.

remote guy, your craftsmanship is incredible, I love the sheer diversity you use in constructing the prop and the work itself is stunning, you are an artist.

Highest regards to both.

Rob.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Thanks, Rob! You made my day!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the nice comment!!!

Nick
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
From Don Simpson:

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5198 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Love the Chicago Surprise vid...spot on as usual Pop.
Don Simpson...NICE! That is one eerie looking device.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
L.E.Gerdemain
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of L.E.Gerdemain
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2012, remote guy wrote:
One More.

Nick

Hi Nick,
I recently purchased Pop's DVD for the Teleportation Device and everything regarding the routine makes complete sense to me. Most of the construction of the unit also makes sense except for the brass tube heating unit. I want to use the method you are using in this photograph and I was wondering what the silver metal object is called that is soldered to the side of the tube near the top. I know the purpose of it is to complete the circuit for the nichrome wire via the tube. In the DVD, Pop refers to it as a "pot" but what exactly is it?

Thanks,
Kevin
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5198 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Fantastic!!!
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
539 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Hey Kevin,

Here is what you need to purchase: http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/dub/dub139.htm

Nick
L.E.Gerdemain
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of L.E.Gerdemain
Thanks Nick. Much appreciated. I may have a couple more questions as I begin the construction of the heating element. Would you mind if I PM'd you with those questions?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Pop Haydn Teleportation Device? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL