The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » What other magic do you collect? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of edshern
OK, I admit it. I been cheatin on you. I've been looking at other forums.
Came across this "When I order a new “executive toy” from Magic Wagon, it’s usually not to insert in my active repertoire, but rather to enrich my collection and embellish my shelves. For me, MW stands somewhere between Tenyo (imaginative toys) and Alan Warner (high end mini magic)"
I looked at some of the MW products, and some are drop dead gorgeous & drop dead expensive.
http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=104
So tell me, what else do you collect??

ps- Angelo, I know you won't even let other magics on your shelf, so you are excused from this question Smile
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I have other magic, but I only collect Tenyo.

I love the Magic Wagon Tricks too but it is all sold out and it can be quite expensive.

I never heard of Alan Warner but I will look him up.

AA
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of edshern
The magic of Alan Warner http://www.alanwarnermagic.com
Francois Danis http://danis-magic.com/cariboost1
Kent Bergman http://bergmannmagic.com
Colin Rose http://www.fiveofheartsmagic.co.uk
Magic Wagon (when available) http://magic-wagon.com

Here's a fun site for looking and dreaming http://www.thebestmagic.com
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03

How are they even in business? Everything is 'Out of Stock'.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2274 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 20:58, edshern wrote:
OK, I admit it. I been cheatin on you. I've been looking at other forums.
Came across this "When I order a new “executive toy” from Magic Wagon, it’s usually not to insert in my active repertoire, but rather to enrich my collection and embellish my shelves. For me, MW stands somewhere between Tenyo (imaginative toys) and Alan Warner (high end mini magic)"

Here you'll find the thread edshern refered to : MAGIC WAGON
You might be interested to find more info about MW items. Last year, they released 9 items, and 3 more since January this year, most of them in teak & brass. They are always made in limited quantities, somewhere between 25 and 50, I think. Usually, they sold every pieces in a few days, to their loyal customers which are on their mailling list. Those items are very expansive, usually between $200 and $500 a piece.
Cheers,
Simon
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2274 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Oh! and to answer your question edshern, I collect Fingers choppers as well. Smile

Click here to view attached image.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Like Azzam the only real collection I have is from Tenyo and MB Magic Works.

I own a few Magiro tricks (also a company to look out for when you like Tenyo-like props), Mikame tricks, Tricks Co. Japan items, Lubor Fiedler items, etc. So I have a lot of other tricks and don't really care who the inventor/manufacturer is. When it's practical, easy to do and gets good/great reviews it's OK for me and I often buy it. The last year I bought Micro Psychic from Kreis, Multi Dimensional from Promystic, Industrial Revelation from Jamie D. Grant and a second hand Perfect Time by Viking Magic. I'm probably going to add a few of Bob Solari's packet tricks because they are easy to do and get great reactions.

I do have interest in some Magic Wagon and Alan Warner items but they are often out of stock and when they pop up somewhere the prices are extremely high for a trick I actually would not perform that much - but then again a lot of Tenyo's I NEVER perform Smile I don't have any Magic Wagon or Alan Warner item yet but I suppose that could change in the future.

By the way, if anyone is interested in older tenyo that they are willing to exchange with Allan Warner or Magic Wagon items let me know, I might be interested Smile
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of edshern
I think I'm newer at this than some of you guys. I'm finding that I enjoy collecting: close up props, that are fun to display, and like Killer says are "easy to do and get good/great reviews"
That's what makes The Tenyo line so great.
Killer, what are some of your favorite non-Tenyo tricks that fit this bill?
Thanks,
Ed
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3442 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have reported all of this non-Tenyo chatter... this post will be removed immediately! (kidding)

Like many here my main area of "collecting" is Tenyo but I do have a considerable assortment of other items (no where close to simcoscor however!. Including a number of color changing knifes and paddles. I also own most of the Promystic mentalism items which are amongst my main "go to" performance items. I also enjoy collecting magician themed figures, particularly "pop culture" items such as Bugs Bunny, Snoopy, Ninja Turtle, Fozzie Bear, etc depicted as magicians.

For me one of my favorite non-Tenyo tricks is Anverdi's Enchanted Ring, I own four versions of this but am trying to track down the German version (misssed the one you sold Killertweety).

John
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of edshern
Just checked out an Enchanted Ring video/
MUST....HAVE.....ENCHANTED....RING....NOW
John, Which one, and where should I buy it from.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5272 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Edshern, I'm flattered you copied and pasted my post.
Those links are to some of the micro-magic that I collect, along with a lot of vintage German micro magic. Once I began following the auction houses, I began to learn more and more about the many true master craftsmen of magic out there. Yes, the pieces are expensive, but they are almost works of art and we are so lucky to have these great creators within our ranks.

simcoscor...awesome chopper collection!!!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 21:33, cyberdave03 wrote:

How are they even in business? Everything is 'Out of Stock'.

You have to ask them to add you to their mailing list.....usually Magic Wagons items get out of stock after 1 month......this is super fast!!!...then they move to their next new trick.

Other good thing about beeing on this mailing list is that they offer you some really good exclusive tricks that you can´t find on their website (and on the same range of prices).

My favorite MW item is Drangon´s Altar and their micro Blue Phantom version.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3442 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Ed... the only version that is fairly easy to find of the Enchanted Rings is the Dave Powell version which is availbale at a number of dealers. Great looking prop and works fine. Of the four I have I like different things about each one... The original Anverdi version (hard to find) works great but the least attractive (a plexi block covered with woodgrain contact vinyl). The Tannen version is made of machined aluminum, very substantial looking... design is a bit funky.... release is good but a little more difficult to set. The Paul Diamond version looks great (resembles a solid wooden die) the set up is pretty good but the release is not as smooth as the others above. Overall of the four I lean towards the Paul Diamond version, but again only availble on the used market.

Cheers,

John
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of edshern
An apology is due.
While surfing in the Café I came across some thoughts that I thought were worth sharing in this thread.
In my first post on this thread I placed in quotes a comment, not taking credit for it, but didn't give credit to Simcoscor for it.
On March 7th I posted 6 links I found on another thread that Wizard of Oz had posted, but didn't give him the credit he deserved.
I am sorry guys.
Ed
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks for mentioning the Dave Powell version JM - I'm ging to buy this one. The German version I have works great - very fluent. Very 'sturdy' (is that the word?) build too. Of course I can't compare to the Dave Powell version or any other version.

I might sell my spare German version (also a die) if the Dave Powell version works good - you'll be the first to know John.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3442 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Killertweety. I believe there is a small thread on the Powell Enchanted Ring if you do a search.

Cheers,

John
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of edshern
This is a great list. I think I'm going to find one of the Enchanted Rings sets too.
And as I go through these sites and ideas and the Café reviews, I'll create my
new wish list. I will post it on-line in case any of you wants to buy me a birthday
present or 6.
Thanks for all the help.
This thread is going to be expensive.
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of edshern
PS- The Enchanted Ring reminds me of Tenyo's Magic Door
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3442 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 12:41, edshern wrote:
PS- The Enchanted Ring reminds me of Tenyo's Magic Door

and maybe Phanto Block... they all use m#$%^#*c principles in different but interesting ways.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2274 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
A perfect companion for my wooden Enchanted ring is Terry Rogers'Blockbuster!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » What other magic do you collect? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL