The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steven Youell's Palming CD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
I received mine yesterday. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, just the palming and Cardini Shift sections. His explanation of JUST Vernon's Topping the Deck is worth more than $20. He goes through great pains to give you the most detailed workings of the mechanics, and also covers people's most common mistakes.

What makes these CD's so good is that it feels like Mr. Youell is giving you personal instruction. It's like he is right there with you, in the middle of a late night session.

Mr. Youell is doing our community a great service. If you are a card guy, HURRY UP AND GET THIS CD, AS WELL AS HIS FIRST ONE, AND ALL FUTURE ONES AS WELL. We deserve to learn from the best, and Steve is among them.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Thank You. It's comments like these that
keep me up late at night working on this
stuff.

Steven Youell
http://www.cardguy.net
jpinusa
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of jpinusa
I have to unreservedly recommend this CD on what I've seen so far.

I bought it without hesitation having had so much fun with Mr. Youell's previous mini-CD which is OUTSTANDING (OK, I am still completely incapable of reliably executing a riffled/tabled faro, but you have to realize I'm a klutz with cards and my progress to date has been amazing).

Haven't had much free time so far this week so all I've looked at on this new CD is the Cardini Shift. That alone is worth the investment - as 'cardguy' says, the quality of TEACHING on these CD's is great.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the contents.

Thanks, Steve you should be charging a lot more for these gems..

John P.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
First, let me say, I'm a tough critic. I can prove it, but this is not about that.

Second, put aside for a moment what you are being taught. I want to comment on how you are being taught.

Steven has scripted exceptionally well thought out lessons. He articulates clearly and concise. His filmography is fabulous. The audio is crisp and the focus is perfect. He demonstrates at every angle you need to understand completely how the handlings are accomplished. The close-ups are the best in ANY video I have seen. He takes great pains to ensure the viewer gets the visuals needed and the words to surround the very best lesson he could give you.

Now, let's talk navigation. Aside from a very clean graphic layout, Steven has mastered the art of simple navigation. Pop the CD in and click on "Double Click Me!" and you are at the Table of Contents. Click on your selection and you have an Index to that topic. Click a lesson and view.

Ok, subject matter. You should already know what is on this CD. In my opinion, unless you are so darn sure of your command of the lessons taught here, you cannot help but learn from them. For myself, I feel confident that learning from Steven, I will not wander in a search to be taught again.

In a word, Bravo!
To that, I sign my name,
Rob.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
I think the real strengths of his CD's so far is that you can't help but IMPROVE the techniques that you already are familiar with. The routines are icing on the cake. Plus, you will learn techniques you never used before. For me it was the Stanley Collins Force and Cardini Multiple Shift.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
I never used the Collins Force until I picked up Steve's Cd. That is a killer force. The cd is just a freaking killer!!!

Grab em while you can!!

Steve's cd's have been in rotation in my computer for the past 6 days.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steven Youell's Palming CD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL