The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Destiny By Jeremy Moncrief (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeMetal2006
View Profile
Regular user
Anchorage, Alaska
111 Posts

Profile of MikeMetal2006
I was asked to do a review for an effect that was going to be released in a few weeks. I was sent a 9 pages pdf that was very complete. Here is the effect as typed in the pdf:

EFFECT: You present a deck of cards to a spectator to hold onto. Now you begin to say that in life some of our choices are made by us and some are made for us. The choices made for us are part of our destiny in life. Let me show you what I mean. Now you have the spectator that is holding the deck to name any one of the 52 cards. Lets say he names the 10 of diamonds. Now you bring out a memo pad. You open the memo pad to show that on the first page is a formula using there birthday. You begin to talk about how we are going to use your birthday to show how sometimes your destiny is chosen for you. You pull out a pen and hand the memo pad and the pen the spectator. One the paper they will find a formula using the month and the day of there birthday. They will add and subtract different numbers based on days of the week, seasons of the year, am and pm and they will get an end number that will be based on there astrological number. Once they have there astrological number they are the only one that knows that number for now. Now you say, here is how I will show you that sometimes your destiny is planed for you. So in the beginning you chose a totally random card and now you have your astrological number. You have been holding the deck of cards the entire time right? They will respond yes. Now open the pack of cards and count one at a time down to the number right before your astrological number. Lets say there number is 31. They count down to 30 and stop. For the first time your number is what? They will say 31. And what was your card? They will say the 10 of Diamonds. Now they flip over the 31 card and it is the 10 of diamonds! And now you know that sometimes your destiny is planned for you!

Here are my thoughts on the effect. The pdf does a great job on explaining the effect in detail! The method is easy and will work everytime! What I like about the effect is that the spectator holds the deck and it is never touched again by the magician! The deck is examinable! I was very impressed with the idea behind the method. This in my opinon is a very nice CARD AT ANY NUMBER! The only down side is that it does require a little setup but not much. And if you have someone else do the formula to get there astrological number it will always be different! Unless they have the same birthday. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Thanks Mike! This has been a pet effect of mine for sometime now. Once done I will give away 2 copies of the pdf for free! All I ask is you do a review and post it. Please pm me because the first two pm's will get the free copies! I have done this effect for a lot of magicians and they have all been fooled!
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Only 1 free copy left!
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
All the free copies are gone! Thanks!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Ah too late! I loose on the offer!! Smile

Never mind, better luck next time. Smile

Good luck for the realease of 'Destiny'.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
This is the type of maths effect that I like. Looking forward to the release.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Quote:
On 2012-03-12 07:06, takeachance wrote:
This is the type of maths effect that I like. Looking forward to the release.

Thanks! It will be released very soon. But I don't have a definate date yet.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Ok all of the 3 free pdf's have been sent out! Hope you enjoy!
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Here is a comment by Bob Solari "Destiny is simply brilliant and brilliantly simple....The way magic should be !"
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2012-03-11 13:53, MikeMetal2006 wrote:
One the paper they will find a formula using the month and the day of there birthday. They will add and subtract different numbers based on days of the week, seasons of the year, am and pm and they will get an end number that will be based on there astrological number.

And if you have someone else do the formula to get there astrological number it will always be different! Unless they have the same birthday. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

So you're saying that they are holding a paper with a formula on it that uses their birthday to get 'there[sic] astrological number' and after the trick is done they can put in a different birthday (without switching the paper or secretly changing the formula) and the resulting 'astrological number' will be different?
MikeMetal2006
View Profile
Regular user
Anchorage, Alaska
111 Posts

Profile of MikeMetal2006
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 08:56, Xpilot wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-11 13:53, MikeMetal2006 wrote:
One the paper they will find a formula using the month and the day of there birthday. They will add and subtract different numbers based on days of the week, seasons of the year, am and pm and they will get an end number that will be based on there astrological number.

And if you have someone else do the formula to get there astrological number it will always be different! Unless they have the same birthday. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

So you're saying that they are holding a paper with a formula on it that uses their birthday to get 'there[sic] astrological number' and after the trick is done they can put in a different birthday (without switching the paper or secretly changing the formula) and the resulting 'astrological number' will be different?

I am sorry I misspoke. I have been doing this effect ever since I got the free pdf from Jeremy. I have never had anyone try and add up there birthday so far. But keep in mind they have a free choice of any of the 52 cards in the deck and then you hand them the memo pad to work out the formula. And there is a second version also included in the pdf that uses the same method but different props. I still think this is an awesome effect!
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
The way I perform the effect is, At the end of the routine when they are done with the formula I have the bottom edge of the memo pad preforated so they can tear it off,there astrological number, and give me the memo pad back.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Once this is released in a few days you will get:

1-A Cd-rom with 13 page pdf file with 2 different ways of doing this effect.
2-Extra supplies
3-memo pad
4-Cheat Sheet(to help with the formula so you don't have to memorize it)
And all this will come in a dvd case with cover art.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Great effect, I like it a lot. If you are a fan of CAAN / ACAAN effects, you can go for it. It's an interesting way to present it and can give you many interesting ideas.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Destiny By Jeremy Moncrief (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL