The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Salt Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Hi,
I recently came across this effect.
Basically the effect goes something like this: Show two cups to be empty. Suddenly, one cup becomes full of salt. You display the salt by pouring it from cup to cup. All of the salt vanishes without a trace, and changes into a white silk handkerchief.
I'm thinking about getting it as it sounds interesting. So I was just wondering is anyone familiar with this effect? Can it be examined (After the effect)? Is it angly? Is it messy?
Thanks
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3444 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Welcome Izzy. It is a nice effect, well made and the angles are good. Not examinable but the effect is more designed for platform use so that really shouldn't be an issue.

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I don't think this effect is weel made, and it make big noise when you use it because salt gets stuck in the mechanis. But for the price yes it's good props. there is also a problem of perspective on the bottom of the glass.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3444 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Stereo... don't think noise would an issue as it is not designed to be used close-up... not sure what you mean by the perspective... from a small distance do not think that would be an issue. I read a review in the past form a magician that was using this regularly and painted the cups to look like metal. Overall I thought they were pretty clever.

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes for sure there is no problems if you use it in stage. But ultimately the mechanism jammed a bit and becomes more difficult to use. I speak only about close up. For the perspective I would say that when you show the inside of the cups, we realize that the middle in the cup is shifted, it makes a strange impression I find. soory I can not explain myself well has. Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3444 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
No problem stereo, I get what you mean now and yes if it was to be used in clos-up your concerns would definitely be valid.

John
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Thanks for all the help,
Well then this is most definitely not for me, as the magic I perform is mostly close-up.
Thanks again
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2435 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Lots of Tenyo tricks made an unfortunate noise at the wrong moment. Crystal Pyramid stands out as one of the worst offenders. THWACK!
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
353 Posts

Profile of dragonash
...even with a properly placed piece of sponge?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
It would be very hard to conceal the sounds Dragonash. You could place some sponge in the box where the coin falls in but then there is also the sound the 'apparatus/gimmick' makes ... .
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
No !!! I disagree once again for Crystal Pyramid. The props itself do not many any noise ( I don't speak about coin, but as dragonash say you just have to place little square of foam). You just have to perform slowly in a natural way. No noise at all.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Just tried it again and indeed the 'noise' of the moving gimmick is a lot less then I thought it was (when performed slowly) - almost silent to be honest Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Ah, mine do not make any noise Smile But you have to let your finger push the gimmick at the end to lock without noise.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Salt Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL