The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » THANK YOU ROSS! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I was performing at the grand opening of a friends business as a favor to him. needless to say I eas there for 2 days open to close to help him get off the ground.
the first day went great as I had plenty of material to perform......the second day started out ok until I saw that everyone from the day before was waiting for me to perform again.....

it seems I did so well that they all wanted to see more, the problem was I had not prepaired for 16 straight hours of routines.
so I performed what I had left and was just going to take my leave...something stopped me. I remembered I had my sanctum card in my wallet. I launched into th back ground story embellishing in some parts to deepen the mood a b it. I moved into some of the routines on the front adding a few that I thought would fit well in the setting. the girl I was working with was so receptive that she hit every time. I used some of banacheks psy subtleties and it was a big hit when I turned over my pad o show her how strong she was hitting....

when I looked around the crowd had doubled so I knew I wasnt going anywhere fast and all I had was the back of the card left. I had never worked the back of the card in a large group and didn't know how it would turn out. I wove a longer lead in to the back trying to really get the setting just perfect. when I was done the air seemed charged with so much static the you were afraid to even touch your hand to anything. no one said a word just sat they waiting as I put her into "trance" and started her down the path, guiding her through to our destination.

when she started to describe the room in near flawless detail I stopped writing. stopped talking and just let her do on. I picked up a white bored and started to draw the back of the card from her words. I was so stunned that I sat there for a moment before I could find my voice and move on. when I brought her back to reality and showed her what she described and asked her if I got it right she said yes. then I turned over the card and we all sat stunned.when we broke up everyone so taken with the story and performance that it was hard for them to move on to other things in the open house. they all kept drifting back to the alcove where it all happened just to sit and stare.

I have never had a performance click so deep a that one. it was like watching a well rehearsed play unfold.
I am not sure I will ever feel that kind of energy from another performance in my life.
I know I will never have that much success with the sanctum card again.

I'm still getting emails from the guests as everyone took my card with them whe3n they left.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Congratz Mr McDonald, sounds like everyone had a blast
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

It was a great time. just wish all the shows went this well lol
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
That sounds like an absolutely spellbinding performance. I hope to live to perform Sanctum as well as that someday.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Awesome Michael. In my opinion, the *Sanctum effects are so very underrated. Maybe because of the memory work involved with performing it. A very beautiful thing about the effect for me is, as the spectator and then audience realizes that they are seeing the same thing as a group or an individual describing something they never laid eyes on before in such detail, it just literally blows their minds. The first time I performed it I didn't think that it would be very powerful but it was one of the most powerful things I had the pleasure of performing and still do.

I am always on the lookout for old photos of lodge rooms and the like that I can blow up so an entire audience can be in on it instead of witnessing the effect on a single individual.

Great report. Wish I could have seen you perform it.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Who's Ross ? Smile

Sounds, like I have to get this now...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

What a great idea! I think an actual old pic would play very well here with just a b it of back story tweaking! mind if I try it?
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2012-03-13 01:11, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
What a great idea! I think an actual old pic would play very well here with just a b it of back story tweaking! mind if I try it?

It's not my idea at all. I'll have to send you to Mr Ghoul d Smile
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2012-03-12 16:29, Godzilla wrote:
Who's Ross ? Smile

Dyuuuude, you don't have this!?!?!?!?!?!?! Get it quick before some mysterious stranger shuts Roth down.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2012-03-12 16:29, Godzilla wrote:
Who's Ross ? Smile

Dyuuuude, you don't have this!?!?!?!?!?!?! Get it quick before some mysterious stranger shuts Roth down.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Which one,John?

I can guess your reply!... I'm not Psychic! Smile

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Sanctum 2 outlaw effects
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
WOW, what a really great story!

I am so glad for you Michael. I remember my first time doing this. I thought it wasn't going well until I turn the card around and handed it to the person. They were freaked out. It really surprised me that a simple card could create such impact.

Michael, I want to thank you for posting about your performance. I have NEVER thought of doing this from stage on platform. I always did it one on one. WOW, this is really amazing

Ray
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Agreed with Jalens. if you don't have sanctum 2 your missing out on life lol. Bizzare theatrical performing life anyhow Smile

M.I.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Its funny how much performance time you can fill just from that simple card, the impact is limited only by presentation.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2012-03-13 21:34, JAlenS wrote:
Quote:

Ok,Guys!
You made me do it...I just ordered S2,S4,Teller from the "Dark Lord"! Smile
What the hell happen to S1 and S3 ? LOL

I'm in shock...not use to getting away from 'Outlaw',with such a low paypal!

~G
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I work with several Fraternal organizations and really play up the history of Sanctum aspect, milking and expanding on the backstory as much as I can. If you want the complete Sanctum (society) experience, pick up Lunaria too. Smile
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Holy Crap,Batman!
I got a package containing S2,S4 and Teller,from the 'Dark Lord' today!,errr... I mean Roth!
That was ordered on 3/21 and today is 3/24! That was fast!
I have not had a chance to look at yet,but the fast delivery,and low paypal on this order,still has me in shock! Smile

You have to throw the dog,a bone every now and then! Smile

Thanks again,Ross! LOL

Gary
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

You will rreally like this effect but you will need to really work on the setting the mood aspect. it kills
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I will do that Michael ! Sounds like you killed with her!

Maybe someday,I will be able to take her to the level you did! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » THANK YOU ROSS! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL