The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pet Project - Full Marked Tarot Deck (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I thought I would show off my newest project. It is full 78 card marked tarot deck. It took months of research, but I am very pleased with the result. I had been reading with the Majors only for the better part of a decade, and it was an enjoyable experience to re-acquaint and re-familiarize myself with the suits.

http://www.darcylogan.ca/Tarot_deck.html

It is modern printing of the classic deck used by the Ordo Secreta Sapientiae. During the Victorian esoteric renaissance, the first of the modern occult lodges began to develop from the ashes of various antiquarian societies, as well as quasi- and fringe masonic lodges. Groups like the Golden Dawn and Aurum Solis began exploring the occult significance of older cultures, while less known Orders began to investigate the hidden esotericism of the Renaissance. While it never achieved the notoriety of other occult groups, the Ordo Secreta Sapientae was formed by scholars and students of the occult who believed that hidden beneath the veneer of catholic tradition were ancient symbols and messages. They commissioned a deck of oracle cards based on the art of the renaissance, specifically the Northern Renaissance, that gave an insight into pagan truths, once the Christian iconography was excavated. I merely reproduced the Ordo Secreta Sapientiae deck, and inserted a crib into their back design.

I am looking forward to using it for the first time at a Spring Equinox event in a few weeks
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
830 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Absolutely gorgeous .. er I mean evil. Smile I would collect a set of those even if I decided not to use them.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
As an owner of an aged and unaged set of the Major arcane, please say that you are going to make the the minor arcana available, at least to those who purchased the majors. PLEASE!!
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Very very nice.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
The Majors alone have been a big hit, yes, please let us know if we can add the minors!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I just KNEW that you would made a complete set! LOL

After all, I am a mind reader. LOL

Ray
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
Fantastic work Lucien! As many others have said, please consider making these available to owners of the Majors. I would love to complete my deck with these.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Bravo sir!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Beyond a Tarot deck it's also a good "Best-of" the Renaissance Painting. I really like the italian and flemish school...
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Quote:

It is modern printing of the classic deck used by the Ordo Secreta Sapientiae. During the Victorian esoteric renaissance, the first of the modern occult lodges began to develop from the ashes of various antiquarian societies, as well as quasi- and fringe masonic lodges. Groups like the Golden Dawn and Aurum Solis began exploring the occult significance of older cultures, while less known Orders began to investigate the hidden esotericism of the Renaissance. While it never achieved the notoriety of other occult groups, the Ordo Secreta Sapientae was formed by scholars and students of the occult who believed that hidden beneath the veneer of catholic tradition were ancient symbols and messages. They commissioned a deck of oracle cards based on the art of the renaissance, specifically the Northern Renaissance, that gave an insight into pagan truths, once the Christian iconography was excavated. I merely reproduced the Ordo Secreta Sapientiae deck, and inserted a crib into their back design.

Ok, so I know I should know better, but tell me that's a back story??!
[
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
"The demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth..."

The Ordo Secreta Sapientiae commissioned an artist by the name of Frater Tham to design the deck Smile Frater Tham is a deceitful canadian occultist of dubious character. Some researchers have accused him of fabricating the O.S.S.'. to perpetrate a hoax similar to Plantard's Priory of Sion. My personal research seems to conclusively prove that the Ordo Secreta Sapientiae is still operating, with members in the highest level of government and the civil service.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Whatever...it's still a gorgeous deck!

Why do you have a picture of Gene Autry on your website?
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Quote:
Why do you have a picture of Gene Autry on your website?

I perform with two other people, one of whom is a 'performance artist' (the other a sincere psychic). One of her methods of 'divination' is to croon randomly selected old-time country songs to the sitter, and interpret the lyrics. It is fun to watch and immensely popular.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

I just received a COMPLETE set of these cards!

A FULL tarot deck that looks unique and COOL!

Lucien Astor send me the deck because the original Major cards that he sent me a while back was damage in the mail. He ask me if I would be kind enough to wait a little while, that he would send me something special. Well, I waited and got a big package in the mail.

These cards give off an ambiance that scream look at me! We are the REAL DEAL.

I can't wait to use them in my readings. These cards are large and demand attention! Having a complete deck gives me the ability to give a more in depth reading. Of course the backs are designed (marked) to be read by the reader if you like doing that.

I am told that there are only a few complete decks that were made. I have one and a few close friends of Lucien Ashtor has a set.

If you would like a COMPLETE set of these fantastic cards, you will need to contact Lucien Ashtor. I guess a PM or e-mail would do it.
As I said, there are only a few decks that were made. I hope that he will make another run, but who knows if he will? First come, first served. LOL

Best
Ray
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Anything with Cranach in is good by me!
Great work.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I hope that Darcy remembers my FB message about these. I better PM him here just to make sure. I will have to ask Mr.Gould about having a box made for these once I get the dimensions.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Oh yea! I need a box also!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
You are going to have to talk to Lucian to get the ok first, but it is a project I would love to be involved with.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Thanks for the interest everyone, I have a series of PM's in my inbox, unread, that I'll get to on Monday. Organizing a 5 venue gallery hop this weekend that is taking all my energy!
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Everyone who has contacted me, I thought I would put up some images of what I will be putting in the post on Monday. I know I didn't mention it, but the cards come wrapped in a subtley stained 8lb artists' canvas, that when opened has been printed to be used as a nice and simple 3-card spread. The cards are HUGE at 3.75" by 6.75". Beside a small deck of BlacK Heart, I don't think there is any other full marked Tarot deck. Enjoy.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pet Project - Full Marked Tarot Deck (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL