The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin MIller's Chrysalis: The Color Changing Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I thought this looked interesting because it says no double back cards, no rough and smooth and no sticky material is used.

http://www.justinmillermagic.com/apps/we....../3017083
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Wish the demo video hadn't been cut to shreds! Justin Miller is a very talented magician. If this is as good in live performance as his Freedom Pack, then he has another hit on his hands. I'd be interested to see a review of Chrysalis! Anyone??
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Maybe that was one of those teaser demos. I hope they show a performance one of it. I'd like to see what the audience sees.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Looked pretty good, I have seen demos that show way less.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3725 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I ordered it today and will post my thoughts after receiving it. It looks very commercial.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Magicinsight, looking forward to hearing what you think.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
This looks awesome, I love the colour changing deck plot, I have a few versions and ill defo be adding this.

Looks great JM

All the best

R
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Thank you guys!
Chrysalis is a REAL WORKERS dream! I can promise you it will become your fav ccd to perform. Mike, your order will go out on friday as I hand-make every single box myself. Just sent over the downloads though.

Looking forward to hear what you guys think!
JM
Nicko
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Nicko
CHRYSALIS = CRA CRA!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 22:46, Nicko wrote:
CHRYSALIS = CRA CRA!

??
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 22:49, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 22:46, Nicko wrote:
CHRYSALIS = CRA CRA!

??

Ditto lol

?????
The world we live in is even a greater illusion than magic.
Nicko
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Nicko
I apologize gentlemen CRA CRA is the ridiculous abbreviation of CRAZY this term was made popular by song artist Kanye West and Jay-Z. Moving on.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I already feel old that I don't understand such refrences on music forums. I like to think that I'm pretty "with it" in the magic world though.

Now, this trick looks great. I too wish that there were no cuts in the demo. As for saying this is the color-changing deck for 2012, I'm still pretty in love with Prism, the one from 2011. I wonder how free the selection is, and HOW examinable the deck is at the end. Are you able to do anything else with the deck or is it a one trick pony? With a bit of management, Prism is able to be handed out. The box change is a great addition.
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Yea, I am already falling behind the times. hehehe

Thanks for the clarification Nicko
The world we live in is even a greater illusion than magic.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3725 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 17:52, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Thank you guys!
Chrysalis is a REAL WORKERS dream! I can promise you it will become your fav ccd to perform. Mike, your order will go out on friday as I hand-make every single box myself. Just sent over the downloads though.

Looking forward to hear what you guys think!
JM

Justin,

I received the downloads (Chrysalis and Locked in a Room without any Cards vol. 2) and will watch them tonight after the kids go to sleep.. Thank you for sending them to me so quickly. Great customer service and I am sure the color changing deck will be a solid worker.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-15 01:44, pepka wrote:
I already feel old that I don't understand such refrences on music forums. I like to think that I'm pretty "with it" in the magic world though.

Now, this trick looks great. I too wish that there were no cuts in the demo. As for saying this is the color-changing deck for 2012, I'm still pretty in love with Prism, the one from 2011. I wonder how free the selection is, and HOW examinable the deck is at the end. Are you able to do anything else with the deck or is it a one trick pony? With a bit of management, Prism is able to be handed out. The box change is a great addition.

They name the card, they do not pick touch it or grab it out. After the deck and box changes with a very small amount of management its examinable..like prism. Chrysalis is a fully developed 2 minute effect that is to placed at the end or middle of your card act!
JM
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

First of all special thanks to Justin Miller, I had the honour of a great skype session with JM ealier this evening and it was for me amazing, as you don't get to speak to your inspirations that often so thanks for the chat JM

Anyways, JM showed me this whole routine live and all I can say is WOW, I had a hundred methods in my head of how this was possible and it as all blown out the window as JM showed me the method to his madness....

This really is a work of art, The method is thought out really well, I see above people asking why the video was chopped up? this I feel was done to show the stages which this builds up to.

Each stage builds ontop of the next, making each phase more crazy than next.

And the final phase! well took me completely by suprise, I made JM do it 3 times and I still couldn't work it out, and then when he showed me????? all I could do was say WTF!!!!!

This is a real worker, and I will be out using ASAP, its that good...... Ive been creating and performing for over 12 years and this for me was brilliant.

So for those wanting to know if this is a solid routine, trust me it is...

JM well done sir, firstly for blowing my mind, I havent been fooled like that for a while, made me feel like a laymen again, which was a great feeling, also for showing how this piece of crazy works.

From one creator to another, thankyou...

Guys, get your mits on this, its really really good.

All the best

R
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3725 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have not yet received the hand made, gimmicked card case or the special deck of cards but I did watch the download. I should be getting the card case and deck very shortly.
My initial, overall impression is taht this is a very well thought out, entertaining routine that flows from the initial magical moment of color of the back of the chosen card changes color to the second magical moment of the netire deck changing color to the final climax of teh card case itself changing colors. Each change is more dramatic than the preceeding one and all three changes flow very niely from one to the next.

The video performane and instructions were very clear. Justin explains each move and each part of the routine with a lot of detail without being verbose. He is very patient and truly wants you to learn to perform this effect properly.

With regards to the actual color changing deck effect, it does use a special made deck that is provided. You could also make up your own deck very easily if needed. The spectator's choice of which card to pick is iniitally restricted to certain suits but that initial selection process is extremely fair and open. Thereafter the spectator can name any card. The choice is absolutely free. Justin again goes over the selection process in detail.

This routine is not totally self working. You do not need to do a couple (2-3) of sleights. The sleights are very easy. justin does discuss alterantive to make it as easy as possible. The most difficult sleight is taught by Justin. If you are a card person you will now how to do this sleight. If you are not familiar with this type of card sleight you an learn it with some practie. It should not stop you from buying this effect or performing it.

While the spectator cannot examine the deck before or after the deck change, the way that Justin does the routine it certainly does appear that the spectatos have cleanly and clearly seen the front and back of all of the cards so there should be no suspicion on the ards after the routine.

I have not yet received the special, hand made card case. The special card case allows you to change the color of the card case with just a wave of the hand. Justin does discuss a couple of ways to change the color of the deck using the gimmicked card case. I do not know how strong the gimmicked card case is but from teh video and explanation of by Justin of the construction it does appear that it would last a very long time. While Justin does not show you how to construt your own gimmick, he does explain how he made it and you will probably be able to construct your own gimmicked card case based upon his detailed description of how he made it. It will take some practice to make the changing of the color of the card case look smooth but once you do, it looks like real magic and is a very, very strong finale to this color cahnging deck routine.

With regards to angles, the only limitation when showing the front and back of the cards before the actual color change is that no one should be standing behind you. Jsutin does discuss how to show the cards anotehr way if that happens. The angle limitation with regards to when you perform the color cahnging card cae is less forgiving. Justin sates on the video that the angles are from 5:00 to 8:00 when doing the color changing card case. You can perhaps get away with a little bit wider angles. But it is something that certainly can be worked with.

I normally use the basic Johnny Thompson color changing deck routine using a DB card and a H..... Shu..le. One of the main benefits of using Justin's Chrysalis effect is that you do really show the front and backs of the cards by just spreading the cards and not using a H.... Shu..le.

This is a very, very strong routine with a powerful climax and is a real worker. It is owrth spending the time to master the couple of sleights involved, only one of which is difficult but can be learned in a relatively short period of time even by a non-card person. Recommended.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-16 16:16, magicinsight wrote:
I have not yet received the hand made, gimmicked card case or the special deck of cards but I did watch the download. I should be getting the card case and deck very shortly.
My initial, overall impression is taht this is a very well thought out, entertaining routine that flows from the initial magical moment of color of the back of the chosen card changes color to the second magical moment of the netire deck changing color to the final climax of teh card case itself changing colors. Each change is more dramatic than the preceeding one and all three changes flow very niely from one to the next.

The video performane and instructions were very clear. Justin explains each move and each part of the routine with a lot of detail without being verbose. He is very patient and truly wants you to learn to perform this effect properly.

With regards to the actual color changing deck effect, it does use a special made deck that is provided. You could also make up your own deck very easily if needed. The spectator's choice of which card to pick is iniitally restricted to certain suits but that initial selection process is extremely fair and open. Thereafter the spectator can name any card. The choice is absolutely free. Justin again goes over the selection process in detail.

This routine is not totally self working. You do not need to do a couple (2-3) of sleights. The sleights are very easy. justin does discuss alterantive to make it as easy as possible. The most difficult sleight is taught by Justin. If you are a card person you will now how to do this sleight. If you are not familiar with this type of card sleight you an learn it with some practie. It should not stop you from buying this effect or performing it.

While the spectator cannot examine the deck before or after the deck change, the way that Justin does the routine it certainly does appear that the spectatos have cleanly and clearly seen the front and back of all of the cards so there should be no suspicion on the ards after the routine.

I have not yet received the special, hand made card case. The special card case allows you to change the color of the card case with just a wave of the hand. Justin does discuss a couple of ways to change the color of the deck using the gimmicked card case. I do not know how strong the gimmicked card case is but from teh video and explanation of by Justin of the construction it does appear that it would last a very long time. While Justin does not show you how to construt your own gimmick, he does explain how he made it and you will probably be able to construct your own gimmicked card case based upon his detailed description of how he made it. It will take some practice to make the changing of the color of the card case look smooth but once you do, it looks like real magic and is a very, very strong finale to this color cahnging deck routine.

With regards to angles, the only limitation when showing the front and back of the cards before the actual color change is that no one should be standing behind you. Jsutin does discuss how to show the cards anotehr way if that happens. The angle limitation with regards to when you perform the color cahnging card cae is less forgiving. Justin sates on the video that the angles are from 5:00 to 8:00 when doing the color changing card case. You can perhaps get away with a little bit wider angles. But it is something that certainly can be worked with.

I normally use the basic Johnny Thompson color changing deck routine using a DB card and a H..... Shu..le. One of the main benefits of using Justin's Chrysalis effect is that you do really show the front and backs of the cards by just spreading the cards and not using a H.... Shu..le.

This is a very, very strong routine with a powerful climax and is a real worker. It is owrth spending the time to master the couple of sleights involved, only one of which is difficult but can be learned in a relatively short period of time even by a non-card person. Recommended.

Michael

Michael,
WOW! Thank you soooo much for that amazing review!
YOU ROCK!
I am sooo happy with how Chrysalis turned out and there will be more surprises in the future for everyone who purchases Chrysalis!
JM
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3725 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I will post a follow-up review after receiving the special, hand made card case and special deck of cards. The more I think about this routine the more I like it. The three phase color change of one card to the entire deck to the card case really natually flows from one to the next with each magical change bulding to a very strong magical climax. I cannot wait to practice it. Highly reccommended.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin MIller's Chrysalis: The Color Changing Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL