We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Breakage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
I'm new to twisting and I'm having a great time, but lately I have had difficulty with my balloons busting while I'm practicing. I use Qualatex balloons but for the past few days I have had a hard time getting anything done because even simple twists are popping my balloons. It's hot here in SC and I know that will cause the balloons to expand more. Should I burp the balloons more so they won't be so tight, and hopefully not break as much? I know that there is no way around balloons breaking, but are there ways to help them from breaking so much?
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Welcome to twisting. When you are beginning, you will pop a lot of balloons. Don't get discouraged. It is part of the learning process. Yes, burp the balloons, stretch them out and squeeze them a bit before your next twist. With practice, you will learn to soften the balloons to greatly reduce poppage.
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Thanks I appreciate it! Smile
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Steve is correct! SOFTEN and STRETCH them after you inflate them.

Here's a tip that I find helps quite a bit. Before each night of twisting, I will scrub the living heck out of my hands with a salt scrub to exfoliate my hands of dead skin and roughness. I also have an battery operated nail file http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Powered-Mi......04EUHR6M that make my nails smooth and soft as a baby's butt! This also helps with popping.

At the end of the day, remember that they are balloons and no matter how much we try, sometimes, they just wanna pop! Wait till you get into the more advanced stuff...ahhh, fun times! Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Thanks, I'll make sure to keep my nails trimmed. My fiance, who is a magician and introduced me to magic Café, laughed because I got frustrated when I was making a very advanced st. patricks day hat my first few days of twisting. What can I say, I saw it and wanted to twist it. lol I got it pretty close to right. Smile
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
One question I have to ask since your new is what colors are you using
I am going to take a guess since your so new that you are using an assortment pack and a further guess is that your using the traditional assortment
these balloons to me are the ones that pop the most
for me after being in it so long I buy each color separate as I am sure a lot of those on this forum do
but I do recall my beginnings so if your still getting the assortments might I suggest that you get a carnival asst, a character asst, and a vibrant assort
if I lost my luggage the colors in these three would get me threw a gig
hope that helps and keep on twisting
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Thanks, yes I've been using assortment packs, but only because I haven't had the money yet to get all the colors I need individually. I didn't realize that would have an effect, good to know. I have started getting the character assortment because of the other colors I need. I am planning in the next month or so to do a big order and get all the colors I need in individual packs. So far I've been putting all my extra money, which isn't much, into supplies. But thankfully I'm going to be catching up soon, financially, and will be able to get more stuff. A day doesn't pass without me putting at the very least an hour into practice. I'm also reading whatever I can find on twisting. And yes the more I've been twisting the less my balloons have been popping. I'm really getting the feel for them. Thank you for your advice. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Breakage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL