The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Superstick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I managed to get myself a used Superstick some time ago. It seems some gems are missing from the die, it has two grey-ish cavities. However when I take a look at the pictures at Stereo's Blogspot I also see some cavities, so I wonder if this was the way Tenyo produced it? If not, what colors of gems and how many were on the gem-die?
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
From the description of the trick on Stereo's Blog it sounds like the die comes with empty cavities.

A gem-studed fantasty. Three white gems are shown on each side of the Superstick. The white gems change colour one at a time to red yellow and blue.
Finally a spectator holds a "die with empty cavities". Suddenly all the gems leave the stick and fly onto the die in the spectator's hand. This simple piece of pocket magic stumps even the professionals.

Hope this helps
Izzy
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Hi Izzy

Yes, there is one die with empty cavities, and another (which you secretly switch for) with gems - but I always thought it would have 6 gems and not 4 like mine does.
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
How can it have 6? There's only 4 colors on the stick.
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
How can it have 6? There's only 4 colors on the stick.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I just bought this trick and unfortunately two of the gems were loose but in the package.

You should have two stick and two die.

One stick has red, amber, blue and white on one side and amber, white, white, white on the other.

The other stick has blue, amber and red on one side and three cavities on the other.

One die has two blue, two red and two amber all opposing each other.

The other die has six cavities.

I am going to glue my gems back using a special model glue that is for clear parts. I am worried if I used CA glue it may fog up the gems.

AA
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks Azzam - I will look for 2 fitting gems in a craft store, I guess they can be found. Can you please make a picture of the two loose gems so I know what to look for exactly? Are they the same gems as on the paddles you think? Good advise on the glue, I suppose they sell this in Europe too.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
What are the colors of the gems you are missing?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks for the photos John. I'll be home sunday afternoon and will let you know what colors I'm missing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Superstick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL