The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Svengali decks for pitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Does anyone know where I can get wholesale Svengali decks in Australia? Or, get them somewhere which shipping won't cost too much.

Thanks!
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I don't know if he can help or not ,but you might try Sean Taylor.A great guy.
http://www.taylorsmagic.com.au/brands/Sean-Taylor.html
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
You might just follow Don's instructions found in several of the threads here. Buy standard decks there and have a print shop cut them, then assemble them yourself. Not easy but saves that shipping. Two gross of the cards from Don's fave supplier weighs a ton (or so)

Good luck.

Jon
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I used to create my own Professional Instructions with Pics
from my years of Pitching at Tradeshows..
When I was short or an order from overseas hadnt arrived I made all my own decks as a backup...

48 decks took about 2 hrs, this way I had over 100 decks at home for any emergencies
packaged with my Instructions that were so much better than overseas info...
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
From my decades of experience as a Svengali pitchman I would seriously advise clamming up when people ask questions like this. I have always taken the view in the past that anyone who deserves the information will find out for themselves. It shouldn't be handed to them on a silver platter. Alas nowadays the internet will kill off pitchmen and they will only have themselves to blame for blabbing too much. When you find a Svengali pitchman on every street corner it is the beginning of the end and a recipe for disaster. There should never be more than 6 Svengali pitchmen in the entire English speaking world. That is the way it has always been in the past and should continue to be the way in the future. Alas it won't be because of all the stupidity of the endless babbling about it. The only thing that will help to stave off this stupidity is the fact that it is a very hard and stressful business where you need a lot of stamina and determination and very few people can hack it for very long. Most disappear within 3 years. That is the only thing that consoles me to a degree.

If you are fortunate enough to earn some money out of this kind of thing it is ESSENTIAL that you do not blab about it and create competition for yourself. The motto of a good pitchman should be what Tony Corinda once advised me, "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT".
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2012-04-12 10:24, visionquest wrote:
From my decades of experience as a Svengali pitchman I would seriously advise clamming up when people ask questions like this. I have always taken the view in the past that anyone who deserves the information will find out for themselves. It shouldn't be handed to them on a silver platter. Alas nowadays the internet will kill off pitchmen and they will only have themselves to blame for blabbing too much. When you find a Svengali pitchman on every street corner it is the beginning of the end and a recipe for disaster. There should never be more than 6 Svengali pitchmen in the entire English speaking world. That is the way it has always been in the past and should continue to be the way in the future. Alas it won't be because of all the stupidity of the endless babbling about it. The only thing that will help to stave off this stupidity is the fact that it is a very hard and stressful business where you need a lot of stamina and determination and very few people can hack it for very long. Most disappear within 3 years. That is the only thing that consoles me to a degree.

If you are fortunate enough to earn some money out of this kind of thing it is ESSENTIAL that you do not blab about it and create competition for yourself. The motto of a good pitchman should be what Tony Corinda once advised me, "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT".

Aussie wanted help-Hes got it!!!Whether he uses it -thats upto him-Great guy!!

This is my 7th year of Pitching Professionally at some of the biggest expos-Ill offer advice to whom I want..

Im well aware of the wannabees who don't make it in this tough business....
zmg013
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of zmg013
The best pitch was Marshall Brodiens commercial for TV magic cards. Google it. You wont regret it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Svengali decks for pitch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL