The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Norman Hunter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gshayes
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of gshayes
I am interested in information and photos on Norman Hunter. He was the last surviving magician from Maskelyne's shows. Thanks.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I remember reading a book by Norman Hunter that was in my public library back in the 1960's: _Successful Conjuring for Amateurs_ . I remember it fondly and actually built some of the simpler tricks described in it, like a Strat-o-sphere-ish square tube that you dropped blocks into. The tube represented stories in a building and the bottom block, labeled "LIFT," would rise one floor at a time till it got to the top using the Strat-o-Spjhere principle but actually (i guess) pre-dating it. One of my magic reference books indicates that he was born November 23, 1899.

MagicPedia also lists a book called _The Puffin Book of Magic_ written by a Norman Hunter.

The Library of Congress lists other magic books such as _New and easy magic; a further series of novel magical experiments needing no special skill or apparatus for their performance, with suitable patter_ published in 1925, and _Hey presto; a book of effects for conjurers_ with 41 diagrs. by Sid Lorraine.

-----Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
gshayes
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of gshayes
Thanks. I received Successful Magic for Amateurs in the early 50's. It was the first "real" magic book I had. Like you I built several of the effects in the book. I have several of his books and recently acquired some of his apparatus. I am particularly interested in historical info and photographs.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Still have my Puffin Book Of Magic, matter of fact.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Norman Hunter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL